BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #45
corpsman
130 kmh, yeah right.
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Montego,6MT,

I wonder who's going to post pics 1st? Eric at Tekarbon or Yearofthe1?
      12-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #46
Eric@Tekarbon
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
I wonder who's going to post pics 1st? Eric at Tekarbon or Yearofthe1?
I am, because i was just on the phone with this guys and i'm meeting him up at his place at 8 ish. Photos will be posted tonight.

Thank you

Eric
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #47
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Haha you beat me to it Eric. I haven't been on the boards lately and didn't even notice you have a vendor account up here. Surprised brandon gave you my #, I haven't even driven my car for at least 2 weeks now.

To all that are requesting pictures, we have setup a time tonight to install and snap some pictures, hopefully I can manage to get some light outside for some good shots
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #48
arok
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Are you joking?.....I have yet to see when and where consumers let a vendor, business or tuner post something about having some great product and NOT produce the proper data on it. If something is promised and we do NOT say anything when it is not delivered WHEN promised then it will continue to happen. He made the promise, we are just holding him to it. That is all I am saying....should I tell people to 'shut up' when they keep bumping a thread to see when a product is released and talk about how they 'can't wait'? Its annoying to see that so-called 'crap' at the top of this forum too, is it not? Anyway I hope Yearofthe1 gets these cause I am hoping that these are for real... would go great with SGM and the other CF bits I already have.
all I'm saying is produce results or get no home. If the results aren't present at the time of posting then we should let the OP sink down into the bottom of the forums until they have something substantial. it's like the photos and videos forums, no one wants to hear about great pictures or get 1 teaser pic, they want the whole picture set or don't waste our time.

a post like this should belong in the cosmetic motifications forum until they can prove that these do fit on our cars.
      12-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #49
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep

It seems to me that its the exact opposite when a vendor releases information about performance parts whether it be exhaust or intake, etc... everybody wants to hear as much detail as possible even if they dont have pictures of the part installed. In any case, I should be fitting the part to my car tonight
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #50
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Quote:
Originally Posted by arok View Post
all I'm saying is produce results or get no home. If the results aren't present at the time of posting then we should let the OP sink down into the bottom of the forums until they have something substantial. it's like the photos and videos forums, no one wants to hear about great pictures or get 1 teaser pic, they want the whole picture set or don't waste our time.

a post like this should belong in the cosmetic motifications forum until they can prove that these do fit on our cars.
You should try to be more understanding. Not everyone has immediate access to a 1er (they're not exactly common cars yet). Why is it so bad that he offers these for sale before he personally has pics of them installed? Give him a chance. If they turn out not to fit like he says, his products will be exposed for what they are. No need to jump all over the dude at this point.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 05:44 PM   #51
arok
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio View Post
It seems to me that its the exact opposite when a vendor releases information about performance parts whether it be exhaust or intake, etc... everybody wants to hear as much detail as possible even if they dont have pictures of the part installed. In any case, I should be fitting the part to my car tonight
It may be the exact opposite for performance parts, but cosmetic parts are a little different. For example, the whole vorsteiner body parts... sure it's great to see sketches and drawings, but until they come out w/the parts on the car, I'm not stashing any money away to buy the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yearofthe1 View Post
You should try to be more understanding. Not everyone has immediate access to a 1er (they're not exactly common cars yet). Why is it so bad that he offers these for sale before he personally has pics of them installed? Give him a chance. If they turn out not to fit like he says, his products will be exposed for what they are. No need to jump all over the dude at this point.
I agree with that as well. I'm not bashing on the vendor, as I am excited to see the results. It's the people who are bickering about "we want results", "it's another fiberoptix!" and etc... that bothers me. Plus, as a vendor who wants to push their product, especially one that needs to fit our cars perfectly (or near perfect), wouldn't it be prudent to have this fitted on the 1er before selling it? that would gain our trust immediately and help boost sales and their overall credibility. just my $.02
      12-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #52
Eric@Tekarbon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Haha you beat me to it Eric. I haven't been on the boards lately and didn't even notice you have a vendor account up here. Surprised brandon gave you my #, I haven't even driven my car for at least 2 weeks now.

To all that are requesting pictures, we have setup a time tonight to install and snap some pictures, hopefully I can manage to get some light outside for some good shots
thanks Dave.

Eric
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #53
Yearofthe1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arok View Post
I agree with that as well. I'm not bashing on the vendor, as I am excited to see the results. It's the people who are bickering about "we want results", "it's another fiberoptix!" and etc... that bothers me. Plus, as a vendor who wants to push their product, especially one that needs to fit our cars perfectly (or near perfect), wouldn't it be prudent to have this fitted on the 1er before selling it? that would gain our trust immediately and help boost sales and their overall credibility. just my $.02
Very true. But I'll take one for the team here!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #54
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@Tekarbon View Post
thanks Dave.

Eric
Daniel*
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #55
Eric@Tekarbon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Daniel*
hahahha

my bad...some how the word dave was in my head but i got the first letter right.

Eric
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #56
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Well i think the posters including myself who were getting a bit hesitant just wanted pics...we are not bickering. I suppose Arok was complaining about our request for pics rather than just letting the post die until the vendor comes forth with pics? ...sorrrrryyyyyy..but im about to fork over $200 to this guy...
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #57
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep

I met with eric and his partner earlier tonight.. both very cool people. They just left about 15 minutes ago. We test fit the front grill and I also saw their carbon fiber pillar (the pillar inbetween windows on the side of the car). Everything was really nice and the fit was perfect. They took tons of pictures so I expect them posted later tonight or possibly tomorrow since they have to make the drive home. I didn't purchase a set (car is staying stock for now) but these are a pretty nice alternative to the other grills on the market. +1 to Tekarbon and their stuff
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #58
Eric@Tekarbon
Private
Rep

Quote:
I met with eric and his partner earlier tonight.. both very cool people. They just left about 15 minutes ago. We test fit the front grill and I also saw their carbon fiber pillar (the pillar inbetween windows on the side of the car). Everything was really nice and the fit was perfect. They took tons of pictures so I expect them posted later tonight or possibly tomorrow since they have to make the drive home. I didn't purchase a set (car is staying stock for now) but these are a pretty nice alternative to the other grills on the market. +1 to Tekarbon and their stuff
Thank Daniel for all the help.

Appreciated!
:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #59
Eric@Tekarbon
Private
Rep

here are the pictures of the grill on the car. Enjoy :thumbup:

Eric
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:48 AM   #60
Yearofthe1
Rep

Shazzammm! Nay-sayers, what have you say?:wink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #61
arok
Captain
Rep

now, that's the sh*t!, looks great
      12-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #62
threethree-5
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@Tekarbon View Post
here are the pictures of the grill on the car. Enjoy :thumbup:

Eric
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 05:05 AM   #63
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
YES! I am very happy we got the pics. Hmmm....so Eric when do we get an affordable (more so than the BMW performance one) CF rear diffuser?!:wink:
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 06:17 AM   #64
Eddie_440i
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Bmw 440i GC

I need them nooooow !
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #65
AlBel1214
Major
Rep
Drives: past 135i, now c6, future M3??

Phenominal.... damn my shadowline grills! :-P

-----LS3 C6-----
z51 suspension, NPP dual mode exhaust(wild2mild),20% tint, zr1 replica wheels, gloss black fender stripes
R.I.P SGM 135i w/ some mods
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #66
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep

I told you guys they fit perfect and the pics dont lie.. Sorry for the dirty car pics btw, I was in middle of detailing my car and peeled all the tape off the front end for the pics but didn't finish polishing it so there was dusting everywhere.
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0