BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #1167
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

um...
      09-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #1168
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Cue the pony picture in 3-2-...

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #1169
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep

09-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #1170
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep

LOL, I knew it was coming Serg....

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #1171
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep

it's sssserrrge... ssseeerrrge. lol.

ok, ok, enough thread derailing. apologies guys. Aren't there more allocation notifications?
      09-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #1172
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider View Post
Come into a thread full of people helping each other out and attempt to profit $5k from doing nothing but putting your name down on a list. Classy move GTBPerformance
Actually it took me personally about 1 1/2 months to find an open allocation, and calling multiple dealers.

Not just putting a name down on a list. Thanks for your input though.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #1173
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@GTBPerformance View Post
Actually it took me personally about 1 1/2 months to find an open allocation, and calling multiple dealers.

No offense but GTFO. No one here will pay you anything for an allocation spot dude...read the 54 pages and you'll soon come to the realization that the cars can be had at MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #1174
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

lol, yeah cause that extra effort is worth dicking over fellow enthusiasts.

I put in the same "work" and didn't feel like it was worth charging $5k to give it up because of the effort of picking up a phone and calling around.
      09-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #1175
richb811
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post

I put in the same "work" and didn't feel like it was worth charging $5k to give it up because of the effort of picking up a phone and calling around.
Good point you make. I think I'd rather see my fellow enthusiasts happy than make a quick buck. Not trying to dick anyone over, But I do have a business to run.

You have to understand that it would be silly of me not to at least see if anyone was interested at that price.

Last edited by richb811; 09-02-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #1176
spoon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 1///m

Amen bro.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #1177
spoon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 1///m

That was an amen to Serqeremi Not Rich@gtb.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #1178
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Good point you make. I think I'd rather see my fellow enthusiasts happy than make a quick buck. Not trying to dick anyone over, But I do have a business to run.

You have to understand that it would be silly of me not to at least see if anyone was interested at that price.

We may wind up keeping the vehicle.
hey, your prerogative and can't fault people wanting to make a buck. At least throw in some lube. Some free performance parts or discounted at least, sheesh.
      09-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #1179
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmetnow View Post
I know...When we built out the car at the dealership, it added Option #609.
That option is Navigiation, BMW Assist w/enhanced BT & USB.

Maybe I'm mistaken. But it sure looks like it's on it.
Interesting. I just tried building a 1M on the BMWNA site and noticed nothing was listed under packages. Also, I chose BMW apps for $250......then "Navigation, BMW assist w/enhanced BT & USB", "Hands-free Bluetooth and USB" and "BMW Assist w/enhanced BT & USB" were added fo free. Huh?!

Perhaps the site is being updated w/new packages.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #1180
mfinch99
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post

I could not agree more. I personally have given away 4 confirmed allocations and 1 physical car. The thought never crossed my mind to dick over anyone on this thread and make a profit. Hell I was happy that I was actually able to help fellow enthusiasts after dialing 150+ dealers.....hearing their joy and enthusiasm was enough payment for me.

Note to self GTB Performance may not be the place to purchase aftermarket parts for my new ride.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #1181
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

2 confirmed allocations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfinch99 View Post
I could not agree more. I personally have given away 4 confirmed allocations and 1 physical car. The thought never crossed my mind to dick over anyone on this thread and make a profit. Hell I was happy that I was actually able to help fellow enthusiasts after dialing 150+ dealers.....hearing their joy and enthusiasm was enough payment for me.

Note to self GTB Performance may not be the place to purchase aftermarket parts for my new ride.
i gave out 2 confirmed allocations at msrp to fellow 1 addicts and return the favor from z3mcoupe by aquiring one confirm slot for mine... give and take without any financial gains are these forums and threads all about. just my .02 cents.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #1182
Texas F1
1M Owner
Rep
Drives: Lotus Evora 410, BMW 1M, Z4

Quote:
I've marked them off my list of aftermarket sources.

And, thanks Mike, for the referral on the recent 1M! It's now in my garage and I was pleased that it was at MSRP!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #1183
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbellla View Post
After receiving the email yesterday from the dealership indicating that the car that I have the contract for would be put back onto the market for the highest bidder (once a firm production date was identified), I have not been able to reach anyone there by phone or email.

Anyone know who is responsible for East Coast BMW franchises within BMW North America?
Are you serious?!

Man, I feel bad since that was the allocation you got from me. I will continue with the spirit of this thread and let you guys know if I hear anything else.

Sorry again man.

Quote:
      09-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #1184
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Interesting. I just tried building a 1M on the BMWNA site and noticed nothing was listed under packages. Also, I chose BMW apps for $250......then "Navigation, BMW assist w/enhanced BT & USB", "Hands-free Bluetooth and USB" and "BMW Assist w/enhanced BT & USB" were added fo free. Huh?!

Perhaps the site is being updated w/new packages.
I think the site is being updated. I'm seeing the same thing - no packages and some of the options have changed. For example, iPod and USB is now called "Hands-free Bluetooth and USB" and BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth is now called "BMW Assist w/enhanced BT & USB", both of which I believe reflect the recent bulletin about changes for September production and onward. Hopefully the configurator will be fully up soon.

As for free 609 - Navigation. My Vehicle Inquiry Report from the dealer is showing the same thing - 609 Nav at no charge. Here's the e-mail exchange between my client adviser and me:

ME: On the Vehicle Inquiry Report you sent, it lists 609 Navigation as a no charge option. I'm guessing there's something wrong with that, since Navigation is part of the $2,700 Convenience Package? Anyway, I don't want Navigation (even if it's free) . There are a few other N/C options that seemed like they might fall under the same category - either they shouldn't be free or I don't want them. I think they might be bundled with 609, which is why they're showing up. Any thoughts? I guess this doesn't matter much until I give you my final configuration.

CA: BMW has had some issues with the ordering system in the past week. It should correct itself soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #1185
simple_simon
Private
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Well said. Way too scummy to give my money to. I sure hope they are able to find someone to screw over hard enough to make up for the lost sales.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #1186
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegirl View Post
You got ED at ED MSRP? When do you take European delivery? Where did you get it from? Has anyone else gotten the ED discount? This is the first I have heard of without reading 50 pages of posts.
Sorry for the late reply on this one. I'm stoked I ended up with ED MSRP and I definitely feel fortunate. However, there have been a number of posts saying that with the 1M, dealers make the same profit (gross profit + customer satisfaction bonus, I believe) with US MSRP or ED MSRP. In other words, it shouldn't matter to dealers. For this dealer they seemed 100% fine with it as soon as I asked. The people I've been working with are fantastic.

I pick up my car in late October.

I know others on this forum have done ED at ED MSRP, so it's not impossible and you may be able to work with your dealer to make it happen. It may take some patience.

I think a key is letting the dealer know you understand how special this car is and that you want them to make a profit on it. You might let them know you're 100% willing to do US MSRP, but you'd appreciate it if they'd look into how ED MSRP on the 1M would affect them. If they're sensible they'd at least look into it, right?

In my case I told them "yes" as soon as they told me they were asking US MSRP. After that I asked if they were open to ED MSRP and PCD and they were super.

This thread has some good information on this subject (esp. starting around post #13 by nachob):

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576385

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #1187
richb811
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_simon View Post
Well said. Way too scummy to give my money to. I sure hope they are able to find someone to screw over hard enough to make up for the lost sales.
Actually Simon, It was a lapse in judgement on my part for doing that. We don't screw over our customers and we never have. I think you'll find that all of our customers that have dealt with GTB have found us to be very sincere and honest in our dealings, and we always try to offer the best prices available. We are not some scummy organization. GTB is a home grown American business that is run by myself.

I think you may also find there are a number of people out there who are considering selling their allocations for cash also, and you shouldn't be too hard on them. It is a person's prerogative to do with their allocation as their please.

Last edited by richb811; 09-02-2011 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #1188
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Actually Simon, It was a lapse in judgement on my part for doing that. We don't screw over our customers and we never have. I think you'll find that all of our customers that have dealt with GTB have found us to be very sincere and honest in our dealings, and we always try to offer the best prices available. We are not some scummy organization. GTB is a home grown American business that is run by myself.

I think you may also find there are a number of people out there who are considering selling their allocations for cash also, and you shouldn't be too hard on them. It is a person's prerogative to do with their allocation as their please.
My main question is, Is the allocation really yours to sell? Doesn't the dealer have some say in the matter?

Appreciate 0