BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
amsfoto
photographer
Ireland
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335i, JB 135i

A few issues with my 08' 135i

First, the car seems really spongy and soft on the throttle compared to my 335i. When I try to hold the RPMs at a certain point in neutral, they just drop and I have to give more gas. When I start out from a stop I have to give the car a lot of gas to get started...the throttle feels horrible vague and spongy.

Then there is a rattling noise, feels like it's in the transmission or something and I can feel clicking in the shifter and throughout the whole car...feels like something is about to fall out from under the car. Overall I'm very unhappy with the car...I thought it would be tighter and more nimble than the 335i, but it turns out to be this soft and rattly thing with lag and a soft unresponsive throttle. Any ideas? Anyone feel the same way about their 1's?
Appreciate 0