BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-18-2020, 03:08 PM   #45
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
PPK worked for me. But then I got Dinan Stage 2. Others like MHD, which is newer and better, according to some. I was happy with Dinan. You have a 2013 and that presents some complications because of the newer DME.

Honestly I never had any of the DCT issues (throttle lag, idle fluctuation, lurching forward - there are several threads about it) with my 2011 that other folks had but that could be because I got PPK almost right after I got the car.
Remind me wtf PPK is again?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 05:25 PM   #46
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Remind me wtf PPK is again?
BMW's "Performance Power Kit." A mild tune that can help with some of the DCT issues, but it doesn't work for everyone. Also adds 20hp and 17tq to your N55. There are many posts here on the subject.
Appreciate 1
thez99152.00
      05-16-2020, 09:48 AM   #47
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
One negative I still have trouble getting past now with the 1er is the slightly odd placement of the pedals.

The dead pedal is legitimately too far front in accordance with the other pedals.
The gas and brake pedals are too far to the left so no matter what seat position I’m in I find it somewhat odd trying to heel n toe from gas to brake. My leg feels more like it’s almost down the center under the wheel when I’m braking or I feel like my ankle is far too twisted when heel toeing it.

Seat position does have something to do with it but it’s mostly the pedal position. I’ve had the car almost 3 months now and I still find myself randomly trying to adjust the seat position slightly to try and make working the pedals more comfy.

Side note bitch, though I do very much like the smooth and quick shifting of the dct, I have now grown to hate the shifters’ stationary setup. First car if ever owned with such a shifter. I don’t get the reasoning behind it. I’d much rather have a moving auto shifter that places the thing closer to me when In drive so it’s easier to grab and shift. To be fair I use the shifter to manually shift almost never as this tranny shifts much faster and aggressively for me based on throttle, much better than the dsg in my prior gti which I felt I needed to click over to M more often then not.

One thing I do wish is that when you knocked the shifter over it automatically put you into manual shifting versus just going into semi sport shift auto mode like it does. Unless I’m missing something I’ve not found a way to make that happen. I have to first knock it over then quickly shift with paddles or shifter to put it into M shifting mode. That’s one thing I liked better bout the vw dsg. If I was taking a turn and new I wanted to shift heavy manually I’d just click it over right before then use the shifter or paddles whenever.
Appreciate 0