BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-12-2015, 03:01 AM   #1
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1CSL

Revozport diffuser and aftermarket exhaust

Does anyone have any pics of a lightweight titanauspuffanlagen exhaust muffler fitted with a Revozport CF rear valence & diffuser?

As some aftermarket exhaust droop down below the battery tray, does the diffuser fit cleanly? Or does the box need pushing up (new hangers?)

There are a variety of backbox designs, some fit squarely into the gap, whilst others drop down.

Thanks
      06-17-2015, 05:13 AM   #2
BEAM3R
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M, E36 M3, 2002, 700, Isetta

I have the Revozport diffuser with an Akrapovic exhaust. I can confirm it does not fit without modification because it hangs lower than the standard muffler.

In saying this, the Akrapovic has that 'straight-through' pipe that runs over the top of the muffler so that could be the reason why.

The way to fix it isn't to raise the muffler, although the 135i muffler hangers do help a little, but to instead lower the 'ground effect panel' by using washers or spacers.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #3
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep

thanks BEAM3R.. will look at this in detail over the weekend, as you say, spacers and washers might do the trick. cheers
      06-17-2015, 11:38 AM   #4
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM3R View Post
I have the Revozport diffuser with an Akrapovic exhaust. I can confirm it does not fit without modification because it hangs lower than the standard muffler.

In saying this, the Akrapovic has that 'straight-through' pipe that runs over the top of the muffler so that could be the reason why.

The way to fix it isn't to raise the muffler, although the 135i muffler hangers do help a little, but to instead lower the 'ground effect panel' by using washers or spacers.

Hope this helps.
My akra fit without spacers or modifications. I do have the latest 1m exhaust hangars which may have something to do with it. BMW changed the hangars silently for the 1m. When I did my conversion I ordered the original hangars and when I ordered my akra, almost a year later, I ordered fresh hangars and the parts were different.

I did run a GT Haus Meistershaft exhaust with my revozport diffuser and while it fit, it did touch the diffuser. It wasnt an issue until I began tracking the car a lot and I actually burnt my diffuser.

Revozport made the titanium CPE-1M exhausts and it looks very similar to the Lightweight unit in height.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 11:40 AM   #5
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
here is a pic of a lightweight exhaust on a diffuser with the undertray panel

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9HH02CiW0K0/maxresdefault.jpg
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 01:59 PM   #6
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep

excellent, thankyou, don't suppose you have any other pics from underneath/side showing the gap?

I purchased a new bmw rear bumper bar with the exhaust hangars, or are you referring to the exhaust rubber mounts?
      06-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #7
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsta View Post
excellent, thankyou, don't suppose you have any other pics from underneath/side showing the gap?

I purchased a new bmw rear bumper bar with the exhaust hangars, or are you referring to the exhaust rubber mounts?
I dont have any photos on hand of my car.

The exhaust hangar rubber was made more firm with the part revision.

These photos illustrate the high of the akra in relation to the battery tray vs oem.

but to answer your original question - upon looking at more photos of the lightweight exhaust, I would assume that it will not fit. it is angled diagonal and drops way down.
Attached Images

Last edited by ilikebmxbikes; 06-17-2015 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #8
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep

thankyou..
      10-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #9
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep

Just to add, I reverted to a Akra with valve, as the Lightweight system was way too loud for trackdays.

Will have a Slek rear diffuser to sell soon, as now also have the 2 piece Revosport cf diffuser to fit soon.
      10-12-2018, 07:34 AM   #10
Mogge94
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe, Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsta View Post
Just to add, I reverted to a Akra with valve, as the Lightweight system was way too loud for trackdays.

Will have a Slek rear diffuser to sell soon, as now also have the 2 piece Revosport cf diffuser to fit soon.
Would you say that the lightweight system is noticeably louder than the akra with opened valves?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #11
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogge94 View Post
Would you say that the lightweight system is noticeably louder than the akra with opened valves?
Yes, I loved the LW exhaust note on full chat, but it did get too much after a while, no chance of using the radio/bluetooth phone etc. The valve makes so much difference, the drone is less too.