BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-10-2018, 10:40 PM   #23
One28i
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1

seems like everyone is on a similar path. here is what my plans are:

base line is a 128i m sport in stick, no other option, so no sunroof, no nav, no leather and no audio upgrade...

i got 8x17 ET47mm style 44 painted hyper grey on with 225 45 r17 MPSS. Waiting on Bilsteins B8 front dampers, almost went hardcore with Ohlins R&T, not yet too much $$$... i have sourced 1m/m3 front suspension arms, and also went with rear lower camber arms, as I want a more direct connection on the dampers, but i wait for dampers to come... RSFB to be swapped with full poly bushing by Whiteline, just in the process of making the tool for install... Dinan camber plate in hand too, waiting on dampers before install. I picked up BMW Perf springs, in hand but not installed, guess why... no dampers yet. BMW perf exhaust, exhaust installed already, easiest mod so far.

I am hunting for red or beige leather interior with manual controls for buy or $wap plu$ and rear splash/mud guards
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #24
FLATBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
If you think you will be keeping the springs for a long time, you should consider changing the struts/shocks out. If you are trying to keep the spend down look at Bilstein OE replacements (B4 I think and not too pricey). The logic here is the time and/or expense of changing out the dampers - especially the fronts - is high.
Solid advice, I have 50K on my car and the rear struts need to be replaced along with the rubber / plastic spring pads that are worn through.
Appreciate 0