BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #67
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhill View Post
Same. I had a 2017 right after they came out but 10 months later the family grew. It was a monster for the price. Leased at $500/mo for 15k miles a year.
Putting a blower on the Camaro makes it a beast, but sadly they didn't go dual fueling like ford did so you need a whole new fuel system to really push it to big numbers.

It's a shame as the camaro is an objectively better platform than the mustang, visibility aside
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 12:08 AM   #68
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Putting a blower on the Camaro makes it a beast, but sadly they didn't go dual fueling like ford did so you need a whole new fuel system to really push it to big numbers.

It's a shame as the camaro is an objectively better platform than the mustang, visibility aside
Depends on what your goal is. Chevrolet makes cars that can carve up the curviest roads and tracks with ease and poise that now outshine European manufacturers. I for one am glad they've moved on beyond the "performance in a straight line" idea, encompassing all around performance. To that extent, I don't care that it doesn't have the dual injection, it comes out of 2nd gear at 80mph when the shift-lights come on.

The thing that is curious about the Mustang is how Ford has almost always handicapped it, either with very narrow tires/wheels, brakes or the suspension. It's not that they can't design something on the same level, but they refuse to and they make bare-stripped versions of the GT that come with obscenely narrow tires. I guess the end goal is to sell cars and they do that, but they lose my respect in the process selling out so much of the time. It seems more like Chevy says "well, why can't we put 305s on this thing with the same engine as the Corvette and mag ride?" And then they do. They seem far more willing to "break the rules" to keep the progress moving forward.
      11-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #69
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Depends on what your goal is. Chevrolet makes cars that can carve up the curviest roads and tracks with ease and poise that now outshine European manufacturers. I for one am glad they've moved on beyond the "performance in a straight line" idea, encompassing all around performance. To that extent, I don't care that it doesn't have the dual injection, it comes out of 2nd gear at 80mph when the shift-lights come on.

The thing that is curious about the Mustang is how Ford has almost always handicapped it, either with very narrow tires/wheels, brakes or the suspension. It's not that they can't design something on the same level, but they refuse to and they make bare-stripped versions of the GT that come with obscenely narrow tires. I guess the end goal is to sell cars and they do that, but they lose my respect in the process selling out so much of the time. It seems more like Chevy says "well, why can't we put 305s on this thing with the same engine as the Corvette and mag ride?" And then they do. They seem far more willing to "break the rules" to keep the progress moving forward.
Agreed, even the pp1 and bullit only come with 275s and the pp2 is marketed as overly track focused and a niche option.

I wish the GT came with performance pack as standard and 305s but there's a reason the mustang outsells the camaro and that's sadly due to the market who.doesn't care about tires, steering or the v6 vs the v8
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 06:55 PM   #70
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
18 GTs are going mid 9s on E85, so no, same fuel it won't be walking away.

I wouldnt want to daily a basic 4 pot that boosted either
$17k is a lot of dough
33k vs 50k
They don't run 9s on the street on street tires good luck with traction
4000lbs is a lot of weight to lug around and your mpg will be good awful low teens high 9s

The golf will still maintain low 20s even if you drive it spiritedly
I'd always choose a car with 1/2 the power and 1/2 the weight
Drama on a mustang just means oversteer into crowds at C&C anyways
You're clueless. A whippled GT doesn't get low teens high 9's for fuel mileage. My 2004 Cobra with KB 2.8 and 654rwhp got 17 city. Motors are even more efficient nowadays.

Even on DRs the mustang will be stupid fast. I ran 315/35 NITTOs and had no issues in 2nd gear on up. A little spinning in 1st.

You're obviously a serious VW fanboy and have no idea what you're talking about.
      11-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #71
The Island
Rep
Drives: 2015 X6 35i MSport

New MSRP on American Muscle cars is crazy, but in comparison to the competition you get a lot of performance.

Back in May, I bought a CPO 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack, eibach pro kit springs, and Ford Performance Borla 2.5in cat back for 30k. Got 8k for my 2013 Jeep Wrangler trade-in. Financed 24k out the door.

Since then, installed a 2018 GT intake manifold, gt350 CAI, GT500 56lb injectors, and a dedicated e85 tune. Comparable builds have shown about 515hp to the crank or about 440hp to the wheels. So far, I've only put in about 1k in mods.

I've never been that into American Muscle, but after owning this mustang and driving the current gen Camaro SS I have to say I'm a believer. Also, you have to admire how American manufacturers are really catering to their enthusiast market.

That being said, American cars have a long way to in terms of tech, interiors, materials, and overall quality (major panel gaps).
Appreciate 0