BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-22-2020, 06:36 PM   #1
JCip91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver 135 DCT

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Strange code fix

Just wanted to share my experience cause I couldn't find too much about this topic. A couple of days ago i removed my JB4 and went to MHD. After everything was said and done the car pulled these TMAP codes:
  • 281A - Absolute pressure sensor, intake pipe, electrical: Short to B+
  • 2BD9 - Rail Pressure Sensor, electrical: Short circuit to B+
  • 387F - Power Management: Standby current violation
  • 3BCF - Message (status KOMBI, 0x1B4): MIL activation implausible

-DME shadow codes:
  • 2820 Absolute pressure sensor, intake pipe: Multiple fault

Apparently it is common to have these codes if the JB4 comes in contact with the jumper post during install. I have had the JB4 on for as long as I have owned the car so I do not recall that ever happening. Farther research showed it was a broken TMAP DME ground. Easy fix, just jump the ground wire coming from the TMAP sensor to the nearest ground post which was on the stock tower. It was the black and yellow wire for me.

Well immediately after, during the test drive actually, the car went into limp mode and starting pulling these codes:
  • 2C3E - Quantity control valve, activation: Short circuit to earth
  • 2C58 - Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequence
  • 2CA2 - Wastegate valve, activation: Short circuit to earth
  • 2D0C - Oxygen sensor heating before catalytic converter, activation: Short circuit to earth
  • 2D10 - Oxygen sensor heating after catalytic converter, activation: Short circuit to earth
  • 332E - Terminal 87_1: No voltage

I was having trouble finding Terminal 87. After some research I found it was a leg on a blue relay in the engine wiring box. This relay powers fuses 11, 16, 37 and, 38 and are all DME fuses. Well I pulled number 11 and found it was blown. Slapped in a new one and everything cleared! So far the codes have not returned and the engine is out of limp mode.

https://wheelwell.com/joe-cipriani-iii
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
agy2k2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

Hey I have the same exact issue with Fuse 11 blowing causing the same codes and limp mode. Problem is, fuse pops after 20 seconds of being in the hole. Something is causing the fuse to keep popping. Any ideas?

I read someone else's post about electric water pump leaking coolant into the electrical plug and shorting out causing similar problem. My water pump seems to run fine as I can activate w scan tool.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 04:58 PM   #3
335ijoe
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

Which tmap sensor did you ground the one on the charge pipe or the intake manifold ? JCip91
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 05:04 PM   #4
335ijoe
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

JCip91 would you mind showing me a picture on how you grounded the tmap sensor so that i can have an idea im having the same issue. And i just don’t want to risk messing up the dme
Appreciate 0