BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-25-2022, 12:24 PM   #1
BikeNHV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i, F-350, Cooper SE

Manual non-sport to manual sport seat swap

Hi All,

I've found bits and pieces of info on this by searching, but trying to confirm a few things specific to my application.

I have an 09 Base 128i with black, manual, non-sport, non-heated seats.

I've picked up a set of red, manual sport seats form a 2011 135i. These have heat and electronically adjustable bolsters (switch toward the front of the seat base, its bolster not lumber right)?

It would be cool to get the bolster adjustment, and to a lesser degree the heated seats working.
  • Do I need to swap anything from the old seats to the new? Sensors, modules, seat belt stuff?
  • Is activating the bolster adjustment as simple as getting power to the appropriate harness connection? Ground is shared with the existing ground?
  • Any guidance on adding the heated seats? I assume I need a different lower center dash panel with the switches, but is any coding required for this?
  • Anything else I'm missing beyond the obvious of disconnecting the battery?

EDIT: I looked at the photos of the donor car and it does have I Drive. Mine does not. Not sure how this factors in.
23 Battery-powered MINI

Last edited by BikeNHV; 07-25-2022 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0