BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-27-2015, 12:47 PM   #265
MaDoNiOn
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 130i E81

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenEsteban View Post
Good luck with your vert.
haha thanks! Yea still saving for one! i wanted to get a manual but after seein that video of the burgling and backfiring a DCT would so soo sick! it sounds flippen cool! can just imagine driving my vert down cape town with that noise :P

Bmw 135i Convertable White...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #266
Rocmit
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

DME ZB number after latest update...

Hi all,

Could someone with SIB 12 15 14 update and access to INPA post their ZB number for their DME?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 06:52 PM   #267
gabeyts
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M-Sport

Does anyone with the software update have jerkiness in lower gears with the AC on? No stalling just hesitation and jerking while accelerating.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 07:03 PM   #268
e36addict
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeyts View Post
Does anyone with the software update have jerkiness in lower gears with the AC on? No stalling just hesitation and jerking while accelerating.
Intermittently, yes. It's not all the time, but when it happens, very annoying.
      09-18-2015, 06:49 AM   #269
TX135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Coupe DCT

I only get jerkiness when the car is cold and I begin the drive with the Sport button on. The first few automatic shifts seem harsh, even with the slow acceleration out of the neighborhood.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 03:50 PM   #270
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Did OP have downpipe and aftermarket exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 05:49 AM   #271
dg108
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX135i View Post
I only get jerkiness when the car is cold and I begin the drive with the Sport button on. The first few automatic shifts seem harsh, even with the slow acceleration out of the neighborhood.
I get the same thing so I just drive the first couple of miles without the sport button to let the fluid warm up then all is good.
      10-20-2015, 12:36 PM   #272
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Does anyone know how or if the SIB: 12 15 14 affects PPK1? I want to get the SIB update but also keep the PPK1. Can both be applied to the car?

I just bought a used 2012 135i N55 DCT and I'm trying to determine what tune it still has. I have an appointment with the dealer this Saturday. It's still under warranty.

The car has had a histroy of updates (vanos recall, battery replacement, idling issues with DME changes). Also, it was sold as a certified pre-owned. I'm the third owner.

There are a few instances of software updates in the full repair history and the PPK1 was done well before these updates. The car does have the exhaust burble, has a bit of lag in throttle, and seems to lurch forward at stops with light braking. Also, it is unclear if the PPK1 was overwritten.

I like the burbble but I want to ensure that my car has the latest update (SIB: 12 15 14) and PPK1.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 12:41 PM   #273
rudyv1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
Does anyone know how or if the SIB: 12 15 14 affects PPK1? I want to get the SIB update but also keep the PPK1. Can both be applied to the car?

I just bought a used 2012 135i N55 DCT and I'm trying to determine what tune it still has. I have an appointment with the dealer this Saturday. It's still under warranty.

The car has had a histroy of updates (vanos recall, battery replacement, idling issues with DME changes). Also, it was sold as a certified pre-owned. I'm the third owner.

There are a few instances of software updates in the full repair history and the PPK1 was done well before these updates. The car does have the exhaust burble, has a bit of lag in throttle, and seems to lurch forward at stops with light braking. Also, it is unclear if the PPK1 was overwritten.

I like the burbble but I want to ensure that my car has the latest update (SIB: 12 15 14) and PPK1.

Thank you!
Please update us once you get back from the dealer
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 02:08 PM   #274
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:

Thank you!
The software updates will not erase PPK.
      10-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #275
bdot
Rep
Drives: 135is (#491)

So I brought my car in to have this update installed on Monday. I was experiencing the same issues as described in the service bulletin. I mentioned SIB 12-15-14 to the SA and he said they'll check it out.

Fast forward to today, my SA calls me and tells me that the problems the car is displaying are exactly what service bulletin describes. I'm thinking, sweet, just install the update and I'll be on my way. Turns out, the techs did install the update as per the bulletin and the car is still displaying the same symptoms. SA goes on to tell me the techs need to "dive deeper" and it may be a mechanical issue.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 07:10 PM   #276
TX135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Coupe DCT

It fixed mine immediately and has been perfect since. Previous SIBs intended to fix the issue did not, but that one did.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2015, 07:51 PM   #277
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
my update was flawless as well....
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 11:39 PM   #278
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

I had the software update installed per this SIB and I don't think it fixed my issue. PPK flash though, throttle response is near perfect now, save a bit touchy in first trying to go slow at a light.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 08:01 AM   #279
bdot
Rep

Since there are so many users here who have reported the DME update fixed their issues (especially Chunner, since he has a DCT 135is as well) I'm a bit surprised that it didn't for me.

When the A/C is off, the car feels fine. There is a bit of throttle lag but atleast the engine revs don't bounce and cause the car to lurch forward. Could the issue even be mechanical given the fact that the car seems fine while the A/C is off?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 03:13 PM   #280
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Looks like my car had the SIB update. The car has PPK1. There’s a subtle jumpiness to the car when rolling slowly on the brakes, but not always. Dealer said this is normal. Idle speed has never been a problem. I do get a bit of lag in throttle occasionally when not in sport mode. When in sport mode the throttle is extremely responsive though.

I also had some serpentine belt squealing when parked and moving the steering lock to lock. The dealer replaced the belt under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 05:32 PM   #281
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Looks like my car had the SIB update. The car has PPK1. There’s a subtle jumpiness to the car when rolling slowly on the brakes, but not always. Dealer said this is normal. Idle speed has never been a problem. I do get a bit of lag in throttle occasionally when not in sport mode. When in sport mode the throttle is extremely responsive though.
If you like the way your car feels in sport mode, you should drive that way all the time (if you don't already). That's what I do.
      10-28-2015, 11:15 AM   #282
EL937
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral Grey M2, 6MT

Running several months on 12-15-14 (maybe 5/6 months?) and honestly I feel like this thing is back to where it was before. When I left the dealership it drove like a completely different car with all my complaints fixed but it feels like it is right back to where it was... with the most egregious offense being when I go to slow down for a stop light and it turns green before I completely stop, I swear there is 2 seconds between when I mash the pedal and any power actually gets delivered to the wheels.

I've had people who know absolutely nothing about cars ask me why my car is so jerky at low speeds and I honestly don't have a response. I also see the revs bouncing again, particularly with the AC on. As a matter of fact it was hovering around 1k for a few seconds this morning at a stop light before it dropped down to 650-700 or wherever idle normally sits.

I'm starting to wonder if the throttle adaptation is the culprit... Every time the dealer completely resets it I notice a huge difference. I haven't had any luck with doing it myself... just doesn't seem to work.

I absolutely adore this car and have no intentions of ever getting rid of it but jesus there has got to be a permanent fix for this. It's just so easy to forget the issues in traffic or at stop lights/left turns when I have my foot down on a twisty back road
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #283
alias747
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i M-Sport

I am having the EXACT same feeling....

I got the SIB 12-15-14 DME update done over a month ago and it seems the car just gets worse every day. My 2013 135i is at the dealer right now and the tech said that he didn't feel there was any issue with the drive-ability with it... Serious? I told them with the A/C on (even off...) there is often a huge delay in pressing the pedal and getting the car to go on a rolling stop. The SA is thinking it is the way the DCT transmissions work on these. I really don't think the tranny is the issue, I feel it is all throttle. They even had BMW look into the ECU to see if they could find any "shadow faults" and apparently there is none. Now they are saying BMW wants me to come ride in the car with the tech and point out exactly where the problem is occurring. My dealer is over an hour away and it's just a hassle.

I don't know. I have only had this car for less than 4 months and if the throttle is impossible to fix, I might just sell it next spring. I should love this car so much more and every time I get into it I just think about how frustrating it is going to be to drive... UGH...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL937 View Post
Running several months on 12-15-14 (maybe 5/6 months?) and honestly I feel like this thing is back to where it was before. When I left the dealership it drove like a completely different car with all my complaints fixed but it feels like it is right back to where it was... with the most egregious offense being when I go to slow down for a stop light and it turns green before I completely stop, I swear there is 2 seconds between when I mash the pedal and any power actually gets delivered to the wheels.

I've had people who know absolutely nothing about cars ask me why my car is so jerky at low speeds and I honestly don't have a response. I also see the revs bouncing again, particularly with the AC on. As a matter of fact it was hovering around 1k for a few seconds this morning at a stop light before it dropped down to 650-700 or wherever idle normally sits.

I'm starting to wonder if the throttle adaptation is the culprit... Every time the dealer completely resets it I notice a huge difference. I haven't had any luck with doing it myself... just doesn't seem to work.

I absolutely adore this car and have no intentions of ever getting rid of it but jesus there has got to be a permanent fix for this. It's just so easy to forget the issues in traffic or at stop lights/left turns when I have my foot down on a twisty back road
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 02:00 PM   #284
alias747
Rep

You hear anything else? Because the SIB didn't fix mine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdot View Post
So I brought my car in to have this update installed on Monday. I was experiencing the same issues as described in the service bulletin. I mentioned SIB 12-15-14 to the SA and he said they'll check it out.

Fast forward to today, my SA calls me and tells me that the problems the car is displaying are exactly what service bulletin describes. I'm thinking, sweet, just install the update and I'll be on my way. Turns out, the techs did install the update as per the bulletin and the car is still displaying the same symptoms. SA goes on to tell me the techs need to "dive deeper" and it may be a mechanical issue.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 02:23 PM   #285
bdot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias747 View Post
You hear anything else? Because the SIB didn't fix mine....
Actually my SA called me today and said after letting the car sit for a few days, the update "adapted" to the car and now the problem is fixed. I'm pretty sure that's not how things work but I could be wrong. In the back of my mind I feel like they were saying all that other stuff to stall working on my car. In the end though, they said the problem has been fixed and that's all that really matters to me. I'll be picking up my car in a bit and I'll see for myself.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 03:59 PM   #286
alias747
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdot View Post
Actually my SA called me today and said after letting the car sit for a few days, the update "adapted" to the car and now the problem is fixed. I'm pretty sure that's not how things work but I could be wrong. In the back of my mind I feel like they were saying all that other stuff to stall working on my car. In the end though, they said the problem has been fixed and that's all that really matters to me. I'll be picking up my car in a bit and I'll see for myself.
Sounds fishy for sure... Hate to be negative, but I am thinking you are going to be disappointed like a lot of us on here.... Let us know how it goes!
Appreciate 0