BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
gtslacker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

AW 1M for sale at dealer in Augusta, GA

Hey guys...just a heads up there is a 1M available at Taylor BMW in Augusta, GA. (It was my car)

http://www.taylorbmw.com/used/BMW/20...396d132b13.htm

Ken was my CA when I bought it (he's a good fella). He also facilitated my selling it back to them. Ask for him if you call about it.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtslacker View Post
Hey guys...just a heads up there is a 1M available at Taylor BMW in Augusta, GA. (It was my car)

http://www.taylorbmw.com/used/BMW/20...396d132b13.htm

Ken was my CA when I bought it (he's a good fella). He also facilitated my selling it back to them. Ask for him if you call about it.
What did you replace it with?

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
gtslacker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
What did you replace it with?
I haven't replaced it yet. Not sure what will be next. Driving an E46 M3 right now.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

So, this is a stripper? No Sat-Nav, Power Seats etc?
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
gtslacker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
So, this is a stripper? No Sat-Nav, Power Seats etc?
Yessir...this is a proper 1M. Zero options.

Kidding of course on the "proper" designation....just happens to be my preference.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

Nice car....how much did the dealer pay for it. Have a friend looking.

Thanks.
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
gtslacker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedomn View Post
Nice car....how much did the dealer pay for it. Have a friend looking.

Thanks.
I'm not going to go into exact dollars on here, but I will say I wouldn't expect them to negotiate a whole lot. They didn't leave much room.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
LukeM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

$60k for a stripper???? Way too much!!! Dealers at auction are picking up loaded 1M's in the low to mid $50's (at Mannheim)
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #9
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

Not sure I agree 60 is "way" too much. Prices having been creeping up since 2012. Mine is loaded but I actually think the strippers will be worth more years from now once the NAV is totally outdated.

I really just like saying the word "strippers"
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedomn View Post
Not sure I agree 60 is "way" too much. Prices having been creeping up since 2012. Mine is loaded but I actually think the strippers will be worth more years from now once the NAV is totally outdated.

I really just like saying the word "strippers"
I'll go ahead and agree. Especially since I made sure mine stripped before leaving the factory, like the proper stripper she is. Although I did get HK stereo, bluetooth/ipod, and what the hell,... heated seats. Most important was to NOT to ruin the dash w/ idrive, and keep the weight of motorized seats off the car. Oh and of course win the extra headroom you get w/ manual seats.

Kid stopped me at the gas station yesterday and insisted my car would sell for $80k. So - I'll give your buddy a break and let mine go for $70k. Special deal for you, my friend.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #11
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Guess car sold, no longer on site...anyone know final price? Mileage?
      11-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #12
gtslacker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Guess car sold, no longer on site...anyone know final price? Mileage?
Pretty sure it's still there...don't know why it's not on the site anymore.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #13
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM3 View Post
$60k for a stripper???? Way too much!!! Dealers at auction are picking up loaded 1M's in the low to mid $50's (at Mannheim)
Stripper or loaded doesn't matter, especially on 1M. I'm looking at 1Ms and when I see "loaded or NAV" I skip them. It's still a 1M configured the way I and many guys would want it. Not sure why so many still don't get it. Loaded is not a good thing especially if you are old-school car nut or weekend cone-racer.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #14
JAX S50
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 M

Garage List
2011 1M  [9.00]
1997 M3  [0.00]
1993 M5  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Stripper or loaded doesn't matter, especially on 1M. I'm looking at 1Ms and when I see "loaded or NAV" I skip them. It's still a 1M configured the way I and many guys would want it. Not sure why so many still don't get it. Loaded is not a good thing especially if you are old-school car nut or weekend cone-racer.
I Agree 100%--that is why mine only has the HK option. It will be for sale soon at $60k and has only 4800 miles on it. At that price and mileage, I expect it to sell quickly.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #15
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Sorry, but that seems pretty slow to think that being loaded or having a Nav has any effect the performance of the car at the track. The screen isn't intrusive to the drivers view nor does the "added" weight affect you time.

But to each their own, it just annoys me to hear that a "stripper" version of the 1M confers some sort of advantage at auto-crossing or the track.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #16
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
Sorry, but that seems pretty slow to think that being loaded or having a Nav has any effect the performance of the car at the track. The screen isn't intrusive to the drivers view nor does the "added" weight affect you time.

But to each their own, it just annoys me to hear that a "stripper" version of the 1M confers some sort of advantage at auto-crossing or the track.
Sorry, but respectfully disagree. Manual seats give you close to 1 1/2 more headroom for a helmet. One less bump and distraction in your line of site. Albeit a small difference the real point of this is that many are fixated on loaded being more desireable and thereby costing more. The poster said 60K for a stripper! My point is that in a 1M it really doesn't matter because there are many like me that want strippers for the cleaner dash, more headroom and less things to break. In the real world a stripper and loaded 1Ms are basically on par and to reiterate....loaded is somehow taken as a positive by many but it is not to everyone. My group of friends immediately discount sports cars that say loaded. Now if you want a Mercedes sedan or minivan it would make a difference there because it is a different type of car. So to each his own choice but strippers are hot!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #17
BMW Gator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C8/R8/1M/X5/JK Rubicon/FJ40

+1 Strippers>non Strippers
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #18
Ayrton91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 3.5d

So given the NAV argument, how painful do you guys think it would be to remove the NAV/iDrive from a non stripper?

I had originally ordered a stripper, but some fluke in BMW's ordering/production system ended up giving me iDrive/NAV. I actually like it now and don't see it as a handicap in the track, but my plan is to keep this car for as long as I live (and even beyond, jejeje), so as the iDrive/NAV gets obsolete at some point I would consider stripping my non stripper...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #19
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton91 View Post
So given the NAV argument, how painful do you guys think it would be to remove the NAV/iDrive from a non stripper?

I had originally ordered a stripper, but some fluke in BMW's ordering/production system ended up giving me iDrive/NAV. I actually like it now and don't see it as a handicap in the track, but my plan is to keep this car for as long as I live (and even beyond, jejeje), so as the iDrive/NAV gets obsolete at some point I would consider stripping my non stripper...
Unless you completely strip all audio incl MOST bus and Combox, it is only slightly less complicated than the reverse. You'd have to go install a 663/professional Radio HeadUnit (that can still be equipped with bluetooth, USB, and can re-use any audio streaming, sos and other Combox features). New dashboard and middle console. IDrive will not go obsolete for changing car settings and is slightly easier than through the steering column stalk. The NAV is already succeeded by the new F version NAV.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #20
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

IMHO the debate stripper vs. loaded is pretty pointless if personal use purposes are no part of the equation. What do you use your car for. If you use the 1M as DD, gizmos can be fairly practical and comfortable as aid. And if some bell/whistle turns out to be a 'sunk cost' on resale day: who cares - in the meantime you enjoyed your ride.

Same goes for the mileage debate: "no, don't drive it often, higher miles impact resale value". What the heck: enjoy your car - drive it. It's an automobile, not an autoimmobile. Garage queens belong in museums, not in your garage.
      02-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #21
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
IMHO the debate stripper vs. loaded is pretty pointless if personal use purposes are no part of the equation. What do you use your car for. If you use the 1M as DD, gizmos can be fairly practical and comfortable as aid. And if some bell/whistle turns out to be a 'sunk cost' on resale day: who cares - in the meantime you enjoyed your ride.

Same goes for the mileage debate: "no, don't drive it often, higher miles impact resale value". What the heck: enjoy your car - drive it. It's an automobile, not an autoimmobile. Garage queens belong in museums, not in your garage.
+1

The majority of the buyers want NAV and power seats. The Porsche GT3 now comes standard with NAV. OMG What's going to happen to its resale value?

I don't believe at this time the options are totally sunken cost. Dealers are pricing loaded 1M above strippers as they should. Right now mileage seems to be the biggest hit on resale value.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #22
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

+1 too. It's all about what's important you. A stripper car has it's merits for some, but to say it will be worth a lot more in a matter of fact way has no supporting evidence. Turn on Mecum and watch some classic cars with loads of obsolete crap in them pull more money for having every possible option in their time (i know, i know...it made them 1 of 3). Coveted strippers from that era typically had uprated mechanicals to complement them, not a paltry 30lbs. Enjoy whatever you have for the reasons you chose to, and don't try to diminish what you don't have.