BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #1
twinturbovan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i M Sport Vert

Which dealerships in texas uses AIR for DCS???

I got verification through a dealership that my car is open recall for the new Index 12 recall. However my local dealership in san antonio has not been able to find it because they dont use the program called air. Anyone know who in Texas uses air to get this recall covered?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 09:26 AM   #2
BimmerAg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

BMW of San Antonio is worthless...the Austin dealer should be able to take care of you, give them a call.

p.s. This isn't the first time I've heard of or experienced their incompetence. When they sold me my car about 3 years ago, I asked about the airbag recall and they assured me that it had been fixed and that they could be fined for selling it without completing the recall fix. Well, then about 6 months ago, I get a letter in the mail that my car has an open recall for the blower motor wiring AND driver's front airbag. So I had been driving around for over 2 years with a claymore mine in front of my chest. Not too happy about that...
lab_rat394.50
      02-12-2020, 11:42 AM   #3
twinturbovan
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerAg View Post
BMW of San Antonio is worthless...the Austin dealer should be able to take care of you, give them a call.

p.s. This isn't the first time I've heard of or experienced their incompetence. When they sold me my car about 3 years ago, I asked about the airbag recall and they assured me that it had been fixed and that they could be fined for selling it without completing the recall fix. Well, then about 6 months ago, I get a letter in the mail that my car has an open recall for the blower motor wiring AND driver's front airbag. So I had been driving around for over 2 years with a claymore mine in front of my chest. Not too happy about that...
Well I went to the san antonio dealership and they verified the new injector recall and my vin and although it does fall under the open recall they cant cover my car yet because my vin is not in the system for the recall yet. I called BMW of North America and they're all A*! Holes. BMW Of San Antonio said they will cover it once my vin is put in the system for the recall. I explained to BMW Of North America that last time there was the blower motor wiring recall it took forever for me to get it and it's unfair and unsafe and they didnt give a damn. They said I have to wait and there isn't anything they can do. Arizona stated they'd cover it but I'm in texas!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 02:53 PM   #4
lab_rat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is (#5 of 586)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerAg View Post

x2

I have experienced the same level of "service" at BMWofSA.

I now drive to BMW of South Austin for any recall work. Nothing but great experiences there.

Otherwise, the only people who work on my Bimmers are Berk and his crew at MyGermanAuto in San Antonio:

https://mygermancarsa.com
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #5
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

What I read in the recall said it was for 2008 cars ... up to 11/30/2008 exactly.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 09:54 PM   #6
twinturbovan
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
What I read in the recall said it was for 2008 cars ... up to 11/30/2008 exactly.
yes and mine was made in September of 08 already got it verified twice at two different dealerships but my vin has not been listed but Arizona did say they would cover it. none in texas yet...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #7
blue135
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Convertible

Curious recall. Not unlike the airbag thing. Took months and months before my VIN made it to list.
Blower recall was near immediate, interestingly.
I keep checking to see when my VIN makes list (3/08 build).
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 01:11 PM   #8
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Is There REALLY a New N54 Injector Recall for 2020?

BimmerAg twinturbovan blue135 iminhell1 lab_rat

This injector recall for early 2008 cars isn't really a new recall. Its mainly for early cars that NEVER had the initial recall done. See video...

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 04:54 PM   #9
twinturbovan
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
BimmerAg twinturbovan blue135 iminhell1 lab_rat

This injector recall for early 2008 cars isn't really a new recall. Its mainly for early cars that NEVER had the initial recall done. See video...

This recall is not a reopened recall. It is definitely a new recall from failed injectors for the previous recall.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 01:50 PM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbovan View Post
This recall is not a reopened recall. It is definitely a new recall from failed injectors for the previous recall.
Did you watch that video?

It looks to me(from watching this video) that IF you had some of your injectors replaced(bank one or two, say only three injectors) under this original recall... you are SOL now. IF you never had the recall done... then BMW will replace all six injectors now. But IF you had some replaced before... I don't think BMW will do them now. IDK... it never hurts to take your car into a dealer and ask.
Appreciate 0