BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-22-2020, 01:53 PM   #1
Mineral///M4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW ///M4 Coupe

Fuel pump in check control

Hello all,

During this past week in my check control the fuel pump warning will come on for a few minutes then go off. I live in NC and the weather has gotten cold to us this past week. The car is up to date on all maintenance and is loving the weather. I have all the typical mods complete including RB Next Gens & a BPC tune. I do have a Fuel it stage 2 LPFP. 172K miles. Do you see any concerns?

Thank you,
b
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 09:06 PM   #2
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

Why wouldn't you just replace the fuel pump if it appears to be failing at 172,000 miles?

Peace... Mack
So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine1 View Post
Hello all,

During this past week in my check control the fuel pump warning will come on for a few minutes then go off. I live in NC and the weather has gotten cold to us this past week. The car is up to date on all maintenance and is loving the weather. I have all the typical mods complete including RB Next Gens & a BPC tune. I do have a Fuel it stage 2 LPFP. 172K miles. Do you see any concerns?

Thank you,
b
I mean .. if it lasted 172k i think theyr should be studies done on it ..
      02-07-2020, 09:50 PM   #4
Mineral///M4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW ///M4 Coupe

I do not know if it is failing. The light just comes on from time to time for only seconds then it might go a week without coming on. That is why I asked about cold weather. It came on tonight for a few seconds & it is cold here in NC. Earlier this week it was super nice weather & no light. The car runs strong as it should.

Mackeroni what would you advise. The HPFP was replaced last year and the fuel it LPFP stage 2 was installed before I bought the car at 119k miles.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 10:36 AM   #5
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I'd suggest getting it diagnosed. Sitting around guessing at whether it could or could not be any of the fuel pumps is not going to help.

My experience with fuel systems are of the older systems. So I don't know if any of what I'll say applies but would think so. You should be able to throw a fuel pressure guage some where along the fuel system to see what it's registering. You could also scan the DME to see if there are any trouble codes. You can also probably see what the DME is seeing for fuel pressure as I would think there would be a sensor(s) for this.
Appreciate 0