BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #23
Bimmer_Freak
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

The interior looks 100x better than our Bimmers! I seriously want one.
Attached Images

04-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #24
banglemangle
Lieutenant
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: bmw135

Those seats and glove box remind me of me of my 1979 Mk II red scirocco :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 02:52 AM   #25
Tit
Australia
Rep
Drives: 964C2 // 1M // R56JCW

If you've been inside a Mk6 Golf, you've been inside a scirocco...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 04:42 AM   #26
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
VW (and Audi) interiors look good in photos, but in reality, the materials are B grade. Cheap silver plastic everywhere. They may 'look' good, but they aren't good...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #27
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
VW (and Audi) interiors look good in photos, but in reality, the materials are B grade. Cheap silver plastic everywhere. They may 'look' good, but they aren't good...
I think our car has pretty crap interior, certainly no better than the golf. If fact, the interior of the entire line of bmw trials merc and audi by some margin, look and feel wise.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #28
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 Comp

Quote:
BMW's arent much better, thats why i refused to even look at any cars that had a "woodgrain" trim package, at least the "brushed" aluminium i ended up with doesnt look so fake/cheap
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #29
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
+1. Don't forget about rattles being standard equipment on VAG cars too! BMW's are built better and have higher quality materials. Just go and sit in one and you will see. VW's today still have the same old problems. They just refuse to change their corporate mind-set.

A friend of mine's wife works for VW in Wolfsburg... they tell me VW is the ONLY German car company that doesn't shut down for summer holidays. What do you do when 40% of your workforce takes off for summer break? Go to the next biggest town(next door) and hire out of school Uni studnets for 1/3 the costs(16 euros vs 48 euros per hour, 28 hour work week). No joke! VW hires young kids from Braunschweig Uni to work durring those summer months. Now you know why the quality control their sucks.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #30
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
+1. Don't forget about rattles being standard equipment on VAG cars too! BMW's are built better and have higher quality materials. Just go and sit in one and you will see. VW's today still have the same old problems. They just refuse to change their corporate mind-set.

A friend of mine's wife works for VW in Wolfsburg... they tell me VW is the ONLY German car company that doesn't shut down for summer holidays. What do you do when 40% of your workforce takes off for summer break? Go to the next biggest town(next door) and hire out of school Uni studnets for 1/3 the costs(16 euros vs 48 euros per hour, 28 hour work week). No joke! VW hires young kids from Braunschweig Uni to work durring those summer months. Now you know why the quality control their sucks.
HUGE +1

My father doesn't understand their build quality issues. He still blames me and my driving style for all the standard rattles in his Passat R36. lol. And he wonders why I drive zigzag style dodging potholes...

Wouldn't mind a Scirocco R to be honest!

Last edited by woosh; 04-30-2011 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 11:55 PM   #31
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iguy View Post
BMW's arent much better, thats why i refused to even look at any cars that had a "woodgrain" trim package, at least the "brushed" aluminium i ended up with doesnt look so fake/cheap
Ouch, I specifically didn't order any of the silver/aluminium finishes because I thought they looked cheap...

I have test driven the TT, TT-RS and the S5. All interiors are 'designed' better than BMW's but they are made from cheap materials and when you're sitting inside you can really tell. When I drove a Gallardo, inside it looked like a cheap $20k VW because it used the same stereo console as Audi and it ruined the car.

It's funny how people can have such different views! Each to their own
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 11:58 PM   #32
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Ouch, I specifically didn't order any of the silver/aluminium finishes because I thought they looked cheap...

It's funny how people can have such different views! Each to their own
haha well i just think that woodgrain should be reserved to "luxury" items like 7-series, High-end benz's, Rolls Royce, Bentley, chris craft boats and private jets etc

materials like brushed aluminium/"carbon fibre" suit "sporty" cars like 135's etc

but like you said each to their own
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #33
minijet
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Train

Quote:
I would have to disagree with you there.
I have both a 135 as well as a Q5 and can definitely say that the Audi's interior is superior to the bm's. looks is subjective, but i definitely believe the quality of the audi's interior is much better than the interior in our 1 series...

my old MKV Jettas interior on the other hand was more like the 1 series but the audi is definitely a step up.

A lot of people also comment about the rattles in the VAG cars but i haven't noticed that in either of them.
Appreciate 0