BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-21-2016, 12:55 PM   #111
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post
Mustang was picked up yesterday by a truck. Did a couple WOT pulls in her for the last time

I already made the grilles on the 135i black

I love my 1er to death and am on my 2nd one (my favorite car so far), but I would've had a hard time parting with that Mustang. Beautiful blue paint and that sweet sounding Corsa exhaust. They're not for everyone, but I always liked Mustangs, I owned 2 and my daughter used to own a '66. Too bad you couldn't keep them both! Haha!

With that said, welcome to 1ADDICTS!
      09-21-2016, 01:00 PM   #112
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I love my 1er to death and am on my 2nd one (my favorite car so far), but I would've had a hard time parting with that Mustang. Beautiful blue paint and that sweet sounding Corsa exhaust. They're not for everyone, but I always liked Mustangs, I owned 2 and my daughter used to own a '66. Too bad you couldn't keep them both! Haha!

With that said, welcome to 1ADDICTS!
I would've loved to keep both haha but I am happy with the interior upgrade and am excited to mod a turbo car

I am linking this video again because I just posted it and it might be overlooked since its on the last page

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #113
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Car looks fantastic man, congrats again. The RPM issue is definitely annoying, interesting that the brake pressure affects it.
      10-31-2016, 02:37 PM   #114
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Car was junk. Traded it in on Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 02:39 PM   #115
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Car was junk. Traded it in on Saturday.
Wow! Curious, what happened and what'd you trade it for?
      10-31-2016, 03:51 PM   #116
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow! Curious, what happened and what'd you trade it for?
I had it shipped from Illinois since I live in Florida. I paid $220 for an inspection at a BMW dealer to make sure nothing was wrong and it passed. First night I got I noticed the RPMS rising and doing funny stuff like we were talking about up there ^^. Throttle response was also super laggy. Also noticed the first night that the "alignment" was off. Went to get it aligned a few days later and it was still pulling after the alignments so I figured maybe the tires were causing it since the rear ones were getting bald. Went to put on the downpipe at a friends and noticed the front control arm was so bent it was rubbing and chipping away the tie rod.

Never installed the downpipe since the bolts were too rusted to remove the stock one but was gonna install the MHD tune for N55. Tablet said ECU not supported so my friend contacted MHD and they said my ECU must've been replaced at some point.

Then... I noticed a noise coming from the rear wheels. Almost like a tire rubbing but it was coming from both sides so it could have been the axles, differential, etc, idk..?

Then.. after being under the car we noticed the exhaust and different parts underneath were all dented and the muffler had green marker writing on it meaning that it was a replacement most likely.

Carfax was clean. If the BMW dealer actually did the inspection properly they would have seen all of damage underneath. I'm not even sure that they drove it since the pulling to the right that the car was doing was clearly noticeable. As was the laggy transmission along with the RPMs dropping and rising when at a stop.

Conclusion: previous owner or someone that had possession of it before me probably smacked a curb really hard

Last edited by 50shadesofhockenheim; 10-31-2016 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 04:54 PM   #117
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Oh man that really blows man I'm sorry to hear about the issues... what did you trade it in for?
      10-31-2016, 04:59 PM   #118
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Oh man that really blows man I'm sorry to hear about the issues... what did you trade it in for?
2013 335i M sport, estoril blue II. Salesman also gave me an extra 1yr/25k mile maintenance on top of the 4yr/50k, and its also CPO for 6yr/100k for basic warranty like for things that shouldn't go wrong.

Although this is a lot nicer car and I am a lot happier now I was not planning for this to happen. I took a loss on the 135i but I guess I learned my lesson. At least I learned at still a young age (22) not to buy a car without warranty that I haven't seen before. And don't trust inspections, even if they are from a BMW dealer like mine was. And only buy CPO if you are buying used.

Appreciate 3
Matticus913474.50
VRG_135836.50
      10-31-2016, 05:08 PM   #119
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
2013 335i M sport, estoril blue II. Salesman also gave me an extra 1yr/25k mile maintenance on top of the 4yr/50k, and its also CPO for 6yr/100k for basic warranty like for things that shouldn't go wrong.

Although this is a lot nicer car and I am a lot happier now I was not planning for this to happen. I took a loss on the 135i but I guess I learned my lesson. At least I learned at still a young age (22) not to buy a car without warranty that I haven't seen before. And don't trust inspections, even if they are from a BMW dealer like mine was. And only buy CPO if you are buying used.
Looks great! Love the color. Hope this one works out better for you.

I see it comes with a guard.
      10-31-2016, 05:12 PM   #120
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Looks great man!! Definitely sucks that you had to go through all that to end up with this car but she looks like a winner. I definitely agree with the warranty aspect, I never buy new because I don't keep cars long enough to be worth it but I ALWAYS get a warranty on any car I buy. They've paid out every single time so far, and this 135i is my 13th vehicle lol.

Good luck with the 335 man sad you probably won't be on this forum as much but I'm sure you'll love it!

Quote:
I see it comes with a guard.
VRG_135836.50
      10-31-2016, 06:18 PM   #121
1smokehouse
Second Lieutenant
Guam
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LE

Garage List
Sorry to hear about the 1er. I too am in the process of buying one. Reading your post has me a bit nervous, but hopefully it all works out.

I really love my 128i and have been looking for a 135i ever since. They rarely come up for sale locally so I had to search stateside for what I wanted.

I am buying my car through Beepi online. A 2013 135i DCT M-Sport fully loaded with 45k mi for 24,199. The car is in Mountain View Ca, and being prepped for shipment from Oakland to Guam this week. The car has some minor wear and tear, curb rash, chips and dings, Beepi inspection and clean car-fax and is still under original factory warranty.

The process has been smooth so far and the staff at Beepi have been great. Car should arrive here the third week of Nov.
      10-31-2016, 06:38 PM   #122
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smokehouse View Post
Sorry to hear about the 1er. I too am in the process of buying one. Reading your post has me a bit nervous, but hopefully it all works out.

I really love my 128i and have been looking for a 135i ever since. They rarely come up for sale locally so I had to search stateside for what I wanted.

I am buying my car through Beepi online. A 2013 135i DCT M-Sport fully loaded with 45k mi for 24,199. The car is in Mountain View Ca, and being prepped for shipment from Oakland to Guam this week. The car has some minor wear and tear, curb rash, chips and dings, Beepi inspection and clean car-fax and is still under original factory warranty.

The process has been smooth so far and the staff at Beepi have been great. Car should arrive here the third week of Nov.
Good thing you at least have some warranty. You should check with a BMW dealer to see when it actually runs out since it goes by the in service date of the car, not when it was first sold.

The 8spd ZF trans shifts just as fast as the DCT in my opinion
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 06:54 PM   #123
1smokehouse
Second Lieutenant
Guam
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LE

Garage List
Quote:
Good thing you at least have some warranty. You should check with a BMW dealer to see when it actually runs out since it goes by the in service date of the car, not when it was first sold.

The 8spd ZF trans shifts just as fast as the DCT in my opinion
I think it runs out in February 17. I can also do an extension if want. I already talked to the dealer here, I just need to bring it by for them to register it in their system.

Once I have shipping notification I plan to order the PPK1 and have it installed. Should make a great car even better!
      11-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #124
YearOneOne
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13 135i mineral grey

Quote:
I had it shipped from Illinois since I live in Florida. I paid $220 for an inspection at a BMW dealer to make sure nothing was wrong and it passed. First night I got I noticed the RPMS rising and doing funny stuff like we were talking about up there ^^. Throttle response was also super laggy. Also noticed the first night that the "alignment" was off. Went to get it aligned a few days later and it was still pulling after the alignments so I figured maybe the tires were causing it since the rear ones were getting bald. Went to put on the downpipe at a friends and noticed the front control arm was so bent it was rubbing and chipping away the tie rod.

Never installed the downpipe since the bolts were too rusted to remove the stock one but was gonna install the MHD tune for N55. Tablet said ECU not supported so my friend contacted MHD and they said my ECU must've been replaced at some point.

Then... I noticed a noise coming from the rear wheels. Almost like a tire rubbing but it was coming from both sides so it could have been the axles, differential, etc, idk..?

Then.. after being under the car we noticed the exhaust and different parts underneath were all dented and the muffler had green marker writing on it meaning that it was a replacement most likely.

Carfax was clean. If the BMW dealer actually did the inspection properly they would have seen all of damage underneath. I'm not even sure that they drove it since the pulling to the right that the car was doing was clearly noticeable. As was the laggy transmission along with the RPMs dropping and rising when at a stop.

Conclusion: previous owner or someone that had possession of it before me probably smacked a curb really hard
I ran into a similar problem with my previous 128i excpet it had rear end damage. My advisor told me that carfax doesnt really add up to anything because its not mandatory to report to them. theyve just made a good reputation somehow. I learned the same lesson, got my CPO 135i and no going back. ive always admired that blue, it looks good man!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #125
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YearOneOne View Post
I ran into a similar problem with my previous 128i excpet it had rear end damage. My advisor told me that carfax doesnt really add up to anything because its not mandatory to report to them. theyve just made a good reputation somehow. I learned the same lesson, got my CPO 135i and no going back. ive always admired that blue, it looks good man!
Exactly.. You can basically total a car and take it to a private shop and pay for everything out of pocket and not have it come up on the carfax. Feels so much better having a CPO, right?
Appreciate 0