BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

1er German Press/ Dealer Packett English Translation

Some of this I translated, most of it is google translation.
I'll be dropping in to clean it up every so often- and some of it I'll leave
because the google trans. is unintentionally funny.

BMW 1er Coupé

New BMW 1er Coupé concentrates on pure driving fun. With the compact, Zweitürer arranged the 1er model line continues to develop. The new model combines high performance gasoline and diesel engines, agile handling and a dynamic Design to enjoy the sporty moments of everyday life. The Topmodell is the 135i with full 306 HP, which in 5.3 seconds reaches 60 mph and achieves an electronically limited maximum speed of 250 km/h. With the introduction BMW 1er model line, which also includes the five and and three-door hatchback, BMW has successfully extended its line and at the same time with the first and still only rear wheel drive models has provided for a genuine enriching experience in the compact segment. The BMW 1er Coupé embodies the sporty requirement of the series regarding agility and handling.

Design

New BMW 1er Coupé develops the stylistic idiom further of the series. The long front, the carried back passenger space - the Greenhouse in such a way specified - and the short tail differentiate the Zweitürer (2-seater) in the competition surrounding field clearly. The Exterieurdesign with formed out wheel housings and long, frameless doors is optical expression of rear propulsion singular in this segment. Exclusively for BMW 1er Coupé is available the new body color Sedonarot Metallic. The offer of the lacquer finishes completed by eight further metal IC lacquers and three standard colours.

The Design of the front proves the new Coupé clearly as a member BMW 1er row. The organization of the radiator grille, the BMW-typical kidney, with a strongly minted chrome framework and the headlights is identical. Also the optionally available Bi-xenon-Rundscheinwerfer, including its coronaförmigen light guidance rings for the day headlight, characterizes the Coupé unmistakable as BMW.
Concise lines mark the sporty silhouette of the new Coupés. The shoulder line underneath the window area represents thereby the most salient element of the side view. Strongly formed out Seitenschweller accents the convex-concave surfaces of the body side panels, while a strong outlining as well as muskulös the issued fenders stresses the sportyness.
Typically for a Coupé of BMW is the dark, vitreous B-column. It produces the impression of a constant window area. As contrast to the sturdy body body the Greenhouse works thereby easily. For the Coupé the process of the roof line, which meets in a salient angle the stressed briefly seized tail, is just as characteristic. The long, frameless door and the strongly bent B-column shift the optical emphasis of the silhouette to the rear axle.

The strong tail has an integrated third brake light. As sporty characteristic the baggage compartment cover received a in-modelled outline edge, which supports optically the short tail stressed and at high speed the drift at the rear axle. The allocation inside the L-shaped rear lights follows the horizontal adjustment of the alignment within the tail range. Backup lights and direction indicators are represented as white volume. Additionally the Macher integrated a horizontal running light conductor into the rear lights, which are illuminated by light emitting diodes (LED) and illuminated in this way homogeneous.

BMW 135i Coupé with independent aerodynamics package

For optical differentiation BMW 135i Coupé is equipped in series as Topversion of the new model variant with a modified and aerodynamically optimized M-Aerodynamikpaket. The front apron with an increased central air intake stresses the sportyness of the vehicle. Both lateral, independently formed out air intakes are horizontal partitioned and of easily issued Flaps limited by a prop, in order to stress the broad front. Besides differs BMW 135i as only model by chromium-plated kidney staffs. The Seitenschweller BMW of the 135i Coupé is optically more concisely issued. An additional light edge strengthens optically the wedge form.
Into the tail apron BMW of the 135i Coupé blocked the Macher within the lower range a anthrazitfarbenen employment. The tail apron actually drew in in relation to the other model variants within the range of the wheels further and stresses the broad trace. An additional small spoiler lip - in the engine haven „Gurney “mentioned - supports the optimization of the aerodynamics. Furthermore the final tubing screens of the exhaust system are darkly chromium-plated.

BMW 135i Coupé
BMW 1er Coupé shows, how large the driving pleasure can be in a compact model. Particularly impressively this succeeds BMW the 135i Coupé, which achieves a Leistungsniveau singular in the compact class. The Topmodell is propelled by 3,0 litres the large row six cylinder engine with twin turbo and gasoline direct injection of the second generation (High Precision Injection). 306 HP from a capacity of 2979 cubic centimeters make an extraordinary driving dynamics possible. From 0 to 100 km/h BMW 135i Coupé sprintet in 5.3 seconds. Its maximum speed is limited electronically on 250 km/h. The maximum torque of 400 Newtonmeters is to 3.0 litre engine in a very broad number of revolutions volume from 1300 rpm to 5000 rpm at the disposal and marks that as particularly passage strong. The average fuel consumption in accordance with European Union standard amounts to 9.2 litres premium fuel per 100 of kilometers. Thus BMW 135i Coupé becomes the consumption-most favorable vehicle of its performance class and a particularly fascinating example for efficient dynamics. The use of two loaders, which supply in each case three cylinders with compressed air, leads to one with turbo engines so far did not reach Spontaneität. Substantial advantage of the small dimensioned loaders is their small moment of inertia. The turbo-hole - that moment, which passes, until the loader takes up its work-promoting effect -, typical with loaded engines in the past, is not perceptible therefore any longer. In driving resembles the rating of the turbo-prop engine in BMW the 135i Coupé of the force development of a clearly capacity-stronger suction engine. While maintaining the suction engine concept such dynamics would have been realizable only by a substantial increase of the capacity, connected with an appropriate Gewichtszunahme and the effects resulting from it on the vehicle balance and consumption.

Complex chassis
BMW 1er Coupé transfers the engine strength over the rear wheels to the road. In series over a manual 6-Gang-Getriebe is switched. To the hand transmission first BMW 120d Coupé can alternative be combined optionally with a six-course automatic transmission; the other engine variants will follow. This construction principle - engine in front, drive in the back - makes optimal traction, balanced weight distribution, outstanding directional stability and safe handling possible. In addition drive and steering element minted a agiles handling result from the separation of the functional areas. As Topversion of the series BMW equips the 135i Coupé with 18-Zoll-Leichtmetallrädern, which underlines the drivingactive character. In addition BMW 135i Coupé has in series a M-Sportfahrwerk and a high speed brake assembly, consisting of 6-Kolben-Festsätteln at the front axle and 2-Kolben-Festsätteln at the rear axle. The chassis BMW of the 1er Coupés underlines the dynamic and sporty character of the vehicle. In series are the anti-skid system (ABS) for the brakes and automatic stability control (ASC) on board, revving an individual drive wheel up when starting prevented. The likewise standard Cornering Brake control (CBC) stabilizes the vehicle if necessary when braking in curves. These functions represent components of the driving stability regulation dynamic stability control (DSC). It prevents a breaking out of the vehicle with the tail (override) or a pushing in particularly fastidious driving conditions by purposeful deceleration of individual wheels and a reduction of engine performance over the front wheels (Untersteuern). The drivingdynamic character of the new BMW 1er Coupé remains thereby.
As subfunction of the DSC of system the mode aligned to optimized propulsion is dynamic to Traction control (DTC) at the disposal. It permits a higher slip at the drive wheels in the comparison to the basic adjustment. So the vehicle can take up travel for example in deep snow also easily revving up wheels. In addition the DTC mode permits a higher transverse acceleration up to controlled circling rift. If necessary the driver can deactivate the DSC system completely.

Interior Design
The Interieur BMW of the 1er Coupés offers a clear and at the same time solid, high-quality seeming. Dynamic, horizontal elements create the formal connection of front and rear range. The interior, which offers place up to four persons, lends a high-qualityness, which is to be found otherwise only in higher Fahrzeugklassen to the vehicle. The cockpit is drawn for strained lines and surfaces from far. The upper range of the instrument panel is held in black. A high-quality, naturally working Narbung underlines the quality seeming. The lower, part of the instrument panel held in one of the world colors in such a way specified - to the choice stand black, grey or beige - the horizontal Design adjustment stresses and obtains such a generous space feeling. The control console for maintenance and climatic regulation inserts itself by soft radii and flowing surface transitions harmoniously into the instrument panel. The CONTROLLER of the optional control system iDrive was integrated BMW-typically into the center console. Galvanized Perl gloss surfaces are used among other things at the door openers, at the opener of the glove subject, at the rotary buttons of the radio and the optional climatic mechanism, at the iDrive CONTROLLER as well as to the Zierspangen of the optional sport leather steering wheel. The optionally available leather equipment „Boston “stresses additionally the high-quality impression. BMW 1er Coupé is in series equipped in the rear with two single seats, which make high comfort for the passengers possible. The armrests as well as into the cowl integrated material or imitation leather employments take up the Design of the door linings. Between the two seats a shelf offers to additional reservoir. For the harmonious tuning of the Interieurs on the respective body color and for the stress of an individual style, BMW the 1er Coupé four pad variants stand to the selection with: two material, a material leather combination and leather equipment. These can be combined in suitable in each case colour with three world colors and nine equipment colors. For the decoration borders the selection exists aluminum with fine cross section optics, particularly nobly working gemasertes poplar of six versions, under it, technically seeming titanium as well as high gloss diamond-black and Kashmir silver.

For Coupés atypical, can be turned down the backrest of the Fondsitze in series - divided in the relationship 60:40 -, in order to increase the load volume 370 litres of the seizing trunk further. A standard baggage net as well as optionally available additional folding tie-down rings and bands guarantee the slide-free stowing of load away. In addition optional 12 volt V in the trunk makes the enterprise possible of external devices like for example a cold box.Premium level also in the details of the equipment
With equipment details, which were to be found so far particularly in higher Fahrzeugklassen, BMW 1er Coupé in the areas comfort and security underlines its Premium character. Thus the optionally available Bi-xenon-main headlights and likewise when desired the available adaptive curve light with integrated bending light make the travel safer with darkness still. The day headlight increases meanwhile the perceptibility of the vehicle with normal and vague lighting conditions. Following road users are effectively warned by in two stages acting the stop light with standard LED optics during a possible emergency braking BMW of the 1er Coupés. Beyond that the rear seats are in series provided with ISO fixed attachments for child seats.

M-Sportpaket
Particularly sportily oriented drivers BMW of the 1er Coupés know their vehicle with components from the program BMW M GmbH optically and drivingdynamically additionally revaluations. Optionally the M-Sportpaket is available, which in modified form already partly to the standard BMW of the 135i Coupé belongs. It covers the M-Aerodynamikpaket, consisting of front and rear bumpers as well as special sidesmolder-learns and fog headlights. The external finish „Le Mans blue Metallic “is exclusively in connection with the M-Sportpaket selectable. „The high polish Shadow LINE contained in the package “lends a particularly sporty Touch to the optics of the lateral window areas. In addition the offer contains light alloy wheels in two different Designs. Are available thereby wheel size of 7 x 17 tariff to 8.5 x 18 tariff for tires up to a dimension of 245/35 R18.
With the M sport package standard sport seat with additional side stop are referred with sportiven, independent material/imitation leather equipment. So customers can order Boston optionally with the leather equipment „“. To the firm components of the M-Sportpakets belong likewise the M-Sportfahrwerk for higher traction and smaller lateral Wankverhalten of the vehicle, the entrance borders with M-Logo, the M-Lederlenkrad and the M-footrest for the left foot of the driver. The bellows of shift lever and emergency brake as well as the grasp of the emergency brake are in series in high-quality leather „Walknappa “implemented. The roof sky of the M of sport package is held in anthracite coal. The Interieurinhalte of the package rounded off by the decoration borders in aluminum Glaciersilber, which stresses the sporty character of the cockpit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0