BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-17-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
BrodyShuffles
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 F30

Malfunction Lights??

So a couple months ago I had the "Engine Malfunction power loss" error come up. I swore it was the HPFP so I took it to the dealer while it was still under warranty but the light went away. It did not come back on until about two days ago. I started my car the other day and it came on so I drove it home and turned it off. I started the car maybe 10 minutes later and the light didn't come on until the next morning. Now when I start it i get the "engine malfunction light, DBC malfunction, DTC malfunction, Start up assistance malfunction, and it takes a couple seconds to start with some long cranks." Any ideas on this? Could it be a low battery? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
SamelCamel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

I am guessing low battery. I believe erroneous errors begin to pop up when the battery is low. If your battery is old, I would just replace it. If your battery is still fairly new you can always try to trickle charge it back to 100% and see if that stops the errors for a day or two.

Good luck,

-Sam
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 02:00 PM   #3
SamelCamel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

One more guess; you will get similar behavior if you pull certain fuses so if it still happens you may want to re-seat your fuses and make sure none are blown.

-Sam
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 01:46 PM   #4
BrodyShuffles
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamelCamel View Post
One more guess; you will get similar behavior if you pull certain fuses so if it still happens you may want to re-seat your fuses and make sure none are blown.

-Sam
Thank you.. So I replaced the battery and still having the same issues. How do I go about resetting the fuses? I just don't understand why all the lights would come on at the same time out of no where.
Appreciate 0