BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Lightbulb Are extended paddles PnP for retrofit M3 steering?

Currently I'm looking for a possibility to get extended paddles for my E82 135i dct but it appears the design of our dct paddles different with M3 paddles. There are some retrofit parts that I might be needed through tischer but want to clarify if any of you know more about this.

On tischer I could buy OEM M3 steering wheel and OEM M3 paddles, and after that I can buy the extended paddles. Is it true that once I retrofit M3 steering wheel and paddles, extended paddles become plug n play? How about the wiring? Evan from tischer suggested me to make sure to other members that it fits and direcly PnP.

Let me know what do you think guys. Any comment and opinion are highly appreciated. Thank you.
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
ParkNuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

My brother has an M3 and just installed extended paddles over the weekend. I'm personally not a huge fan of them (because they're huge) but if you have the wheel then your pnp options should fit no problem, and I doubt the wiring is any different with the aftermarket paddles.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkNuts
My brother has an M3 and just installed extended paddles over the weekend. I'm personally not a huge fan of them (because they're huge) but if you have the wheel then your pnp options should fit no problem, and I doubt the wiring is any different with the aftermarket paddles.
Is it that big? I'm just looking into possibility of retrofitting though. The reason I don't really want it because its plainly for my comfort and it costs roughly $1K if I have retrofit from steering to paddles. Thanks for your info though
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
ParkNuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

I don't think it's a big increase in comfort / convenience. If you need that, might as well knock it into D. They look really big behind the wheel, kind of tacky. Not that the material is, but the appearance of big paddles isn't for me. I personally don't think it's worth it to have to buy an M3 wheel to get the bigger paddles. I always preferred the feel of my DCT paddles over my bro's 09 DCT paddles anyhow, but I haven't gotten tons of seat time. He says he likes being able to not be at 10 & 2 or 9 & 3 and being able to shift. If I can get some seat time I'll report back.
Appreciate 0