BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-11-2016, 04:26 PM   #1
Kwroz21
New Member
Kwroz21's Avatar
Canada
5
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 09 BMW E82 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Windsor, On

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
N54 Downpipe Fix

Looking for anyone with experience installing a DP Fix (BMS/VRSF/X-Kitty)

I recently installed AR Design Catless Downpipes and a Cobb AP tuner. I now need to install a DP fix (bought mine from VRSF). The BMS DP fix install guide that's available online (
View post on imgur.com
) doesn't accurately represent my 09 N54 engine.

the manual calls out a yellow wires in slots 19 and 20. My car has a white wire in slot 19 and nothing in 20.

Has anyone installed a DP fix? Anyone come up against this issue?
__________________
2009 e82 135i
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 01:36 AM   #2
litebulb
Captain
litebulb's Avatar
Canada
59
Rep
631
Posts

Drives: '09 E88 135i M-Sport/6MT/SGM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Hi,

I believe mine were a different colour as well. Just make sure you label which wire is which. Also, don't run the DPfix for too long as it will muck up your calibrations.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwroz21 View Post
Looking for anyone with experience installing a DP Fix (BMS/VRSF/X-Kitty)

I recently installed AR Design Catless Downpipes and a Cobb AP tuner. I now need to install a DP fix (bought mine from VRSF). The BMS DP fix install guide that's available online (
View post on imgur.com
) doesn't accurately represent my 09 N54 engine.

the manual calls out a yellow wires in slots 19 and 20. My car has a white wire in slot 19 and nothing in 20.

Has anyone installed a DP fix? Anyone come up against this issue?
__________________
| Dinan S2=>MHD | e46 M3 trans mounts | Dinan CF CAI | ER CP | HKS SSQV4 BOV | RB PCV Valve | VRSF DP | N55 MP | BMW PE | OC | VRSF 7" FMIC | UUC Evo3 SSK | EBC GD Sport Rotors | EBC Redstuff | TRW F+R | | Whiteline KDT918 | H&R Front Sway | BMWP 313 | MPSS 225/255 | Scopione CF Rear Diffuser | iCarbon CF Rear Spoiler | P3 v2.1 Gauge | Interior LED Retrofit |
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 08:51 AM   #3
cky751
Private
cky751's Avatar
2
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: '09 135i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

I have read that you only want to run the dp fix for a day or two. Can someone else confirm this?
__________________
'09 135i 6MT w/ M Package: JB4 g5 iso| BMS DCI|Wagner rep. FMIC| N54 Performance 3" DP's|Powerflex bushings|CDV Delete|NGK|RB PCV valve and cap
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #4
vivanapoli806
Captain
75
Rep
797
Posts

Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive Msport
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cky751
I have read that you only want to run the dp fix for a day or two. Can someone else confirm this?
Yes. It's only meant to be used to pass emissions then taken off. Couple days I would say. After that it begins to mess with afr.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #5
lowbudgethero
Captain
lowbudgethero's Avatar
114
Rep
739
Posts

Drives: '98 Z3M (gone), '09 135i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 908

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivanapoli806 View Post
Yes. It's only meant to be used to pass emissions then taken off. Couple days I would say. After that it begins to mess with afr.
how?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 11:50 AM   #6
litebulb
Captain
litebulb's Avatar
Canada
59
Rep
631
Posts

Drives: '09 E88 135i M-Sport/6MT/SGM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
It is possible with the DPfix to run too lean and rich.
__________________
| Dinan S2=>MHD | e46 M3 trans mounts | Dinan CF CAI | ER CP | HKS SSQV4 BOV | RB PCV Valve | VRSF DP | N55 MP | BMW PE | OC | VRSF 7" FMIC | UUC Evo3 SSK | EBC GD Sport Rotors | EBC Redstuff | TRW F+R | | Whiteline KDT918 | H&R Front Sway | BMWP 313 | MPSS 225/255 | Scopione CF Rear Diffuser | iCarbon CF Rear Spoiler | P3 v2.1 Gauge | Interior LED Retrofit |
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 01:29 PM   #7
Kwroz21
New Member
Kwroz21's Avatar
Canada
5
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 09 BMW E82 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Windsor, On

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
In that case, do you recall what pins you used?
my pins 19 and 23 are populated but 20 isn't and i'm not sure what to do, I'd like to get it installed in as few attempts as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebulb View Post
Hi,

I believe mine were a different colour as well. Just make sure you label which wire is which. Also, don't run the DPfix for too long as it will muck up your calibrations.
__________________
2009 e82 135i
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 02:00 PM   #8
lowbudgethero
Captain
lowbudgethero's Avatar
114
Rep
739
Posts

Drives: '98 Z3M (gone), '09 135i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 908

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by litebulb View Post
It is possible with the DPfix to run too lean and rich.
How though? I thought the DP fix only affected the secondary O2 sensors, which shouldn't cause any adjustment by the ECU.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 04:20 PM   #9
lowbudgethero
Captain
lowbudgethero's Avatar
114
Rep
739
Posts

Drives: '98 Z3M (gone), '09 135i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 908

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
How though? I thought the DP fix only affected the secondary O2 sensors, which shouldn't cause any adjustment by the ECU.
http://www.***********.com/showthrea...-Bypass-Switch

answered my own question
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #10
lowbudgethero
Captain
lowbudgethero's Avatar
114
Rep
739
Posts

Drives: '98 Z3M (gone), '09 135i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 908

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
How though? I thought the DP fix only affected the secondary O2 sensors, which shouldn't cause any adjustment by the ECU.

answered my own question from reading another forum
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 07:23 PM   #11
litebulb
Captain
litebulb's Avatar
Canada
59
Rep
631
Posts

Drives: '09 E88 135i M-Sport/6MT/SGM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Sorry, I never ran into that issue. Also I did a bunch of reading before and after I installed the DPFix and don't recall any mentioning of missing wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwroz21 View Post
In that case, do you recall what pins you used?
my pins 19 and 23 are populated but 20 isn't and i'm not sure what to do, I'd like to get it installed in as few attempts as possible
__________________
| Dinan S2=>MHD | e46 M3 trans mounts | Dinan CF CAI | ER CP | HKS SSQV4 BOV | RB PCV Valve | VRSF DP | N55 MP | BMW PE | OC | VRSF 7" FMIC | UUC Evo3 SSK | EBC GD Sport Rotors | EBC Redstuff | TRW F+R | | Whiteline KDT918 | H&R Front Sway | BMWP 313 | MPSS 225/255 | Scopione CF Rear Diffuser | iCarbon CF Rear Spoiler | P3 v2.1 Gauge | Interior LED Retrofit |
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
down pipe, down pipe fix, emissions dpfix exhaust, exhaust, n54

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST