BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-30-2022, 08:20 PM   #1
yem.ble
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i

FTM possible on pre-LCI non-iDrive 128i?

I've read a lot of threads but haven't found anyone who actually confirmed it's possible to replace TPMS with RPA aka FTM on this model.

I removed $2VB with protool, and the RPA options show enabled. RPA threshold set to factory 01. Cluster shows a flat tire option, no warnings or codes. Perfect.

Except, when I lowered one tire by 15psi and went for a drive, no warning appeared after half an hour driving around. It just doesn't detect any problem.

Before I buy a set of wheel sensors and go back to TPMS later this week.. can anyone confirm either way if FTM should work? 2011 US 128i (E82).
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 02:33 PM   #2
cerealwars
Riffraff
Rep
Drives: 128i 6M, 1UZ S13, '62 C10

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
I'm going through the same thing right now. Disabled TPMS with Protools and successfully ditched the warning lights. Love the idea of FTM. After reading some threads on E90post, it seems we may have to edit the VO to add FTM. I'm guessing no USA cars ever had FTM enabled because of TPMS being mandated in its place.

I've got Bimmergeeks Protools, I may dabble with trying to add FTM soon.
I haven't come across anyone successfully coding it on for an E82 yet. Thought I'd give this thread a bump in case anyone else has pioneered this.
Appreciate 0