BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-19-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
cafj85
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Lower control arm (wishbone) & Fender removal

Hi guys,

I've gotten all the parts needed to repair my car. I'm having trouble removing the passenger side front fender. I've removed all of the bolts except for two located behind the door, I'm getting an extender for those later today.

How do you remove the one in the picture, it's round so I'm guessing you have to unbolt from the top?

Also, the passenger side front wheel hangs slightly to the right when the steering wheel is centered. Took the wheel off and it seems the lower control arm (BMW calls it wishbone) is heavily bent. Could this be the culprit?. I've pictured both the driver and passengers side suspension.

Anything else look off?

I've never done any DIY with any vehicles other than changing a flat tire but I've been having a lot of fun learning on my car. Do you know what the size on the bolts for the wishbones are (I don't own any sockets of that size). I also only have a 3/8 wrench, Do I need to purchase a 1/2 torque wrench instead?

Upon removing the fender liner the white hose that goes to windshield wiper reservoir started leaking slightly which is odd because I didn't touch it when removing the fender liner.

Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0