BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-21-2021, 04:55 PM   #1
NorthernDancer
Lieutenant Colonel
611
Rep
1,946
Posts

Drives: Sedona 128
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa On Canada

iTrader: (3)

Record price for a 128?

Today on BAT: 2009 w/many options incl M Sport pkg. 6MT, Cali car, maint records, 90K miles. $19,000.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 10:02 PM   #2
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Suprgnat's Avatar
Ukraine
1739
Rep
2,218
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2013 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
Today on BAT: 2009 w/many options incl M Sport pkg. 6MT, Cali car, maint records, 90K miles. $19,000.
fotontom
__________________
Inertia is the enemy!
My car's photo history: https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1570551
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 09:25 AM   #3
jdt10768
Private First Class
jdt10768's Avatar
67
Rep
194
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i MSport 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Columbia, SC

iTrader: (0)

I saw that! Good news for us
Appreciate 1
Almuliman162.00
      11-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #4
Thunderguts
Captain
Thunderguts's Avatar
650
Rep
890
Posts

Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Not even a record: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2009-bmw-128-6/

That's an insane price for 90k though. WTF! So can I get $25k for mine? I wouldn't sell it though, not even for $25k. Maybe $30k.
__________________
Official BMWP Whore - BMWP suspension kit w/ M3 arms, BMWP big brake kit, BMWP intake w/Mishimoto tube, BMWP exhaust, BMWP carbon strut brace, BMWP short shifter, and BMWP carbon spoiler. OZ Leggera HLT w/ 245 square setup.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 03:29 PM   #5
m_thompson
Major
m_thompson's Avatar
United_States
122
Rep
1,397
Posts

Drives: M-Sport 128i, 328xi, 3.0CS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New England, USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
1972 3.0CS  [10.00]
Mine is the same except for the colors, and has 30k less miles. Worth more than $19k?
__________________
'09 128i - Black Sapphire Metallic\Coral Red\Glacier Silver\N51 DISA\6MT\Navigation\Premium\M-Sport\Heated seats\Xenon\Headlights\iPod\Smartphone\Euro Delivery
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 05:28 PM   #6
NorthernDancer
Lieutenant Colonel
611
Rep
1,946
Posts

Drives: Sedona 128
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa On Canada

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_thompson View Post
Mine is the same except for the colors, and has 30k less miles. Worth more than $19k?
Well yes as long as: never seen winter snow & salt, you have all receipts for maintenance [I don't because I do my own oil changes and brakes], no damage to drivers seat left side bolsters.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 10:58 AM   #7
m_thompson
Major
m_thompson's Avatar
United_States
122
Rep
1,397
Posts

Drives: M-Sport 128i, 328xi, 3.0CS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New England, USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
1972 3.0CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
Well yes as long as: never seen winter snow & salt, you have all receipts for maintenance [I don't because I do my own oil changes and brakes], no damage to drivers seat left side bolsters.
Oh well, its hard to skip winter driving in New England.
__________________
'09 128i - Black Sapphire Metallic\Coral Red\Glacier Silver\N51 DISA\6MT\Navigation\Premium\M-Sport\Heated seats\Xenon\Headlights\iPod\Smartphone\Euro Delivery
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 12:52 PM   #8
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
1097
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Central Virginia

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [0.00]
And pre-LCI, SULEV, split in seat stitching, small mirrors. Really seems high to me, but I have a friend who will be selling the same car in a 2013 with only 45k so he's encouraged!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 10:29 AM   #9
Thunderguts
Captain
Thunderguts's Avatar
650
Rep
890
Posts

Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
small mirrors.
I always thought the small mirrors were more desirable. I prefer them anyway.
__________________
Official BMWP Whore - BMWP suspension kit w/ M3 arms, BMWP big brake kit, BMWP intake w/Mishimoto tube, BMWP exhaust, BMWP carbon strut brace, BMWP short shifter, and BMWP carbon spoiler. OZ Leggera HLT w/ 245 square setup.

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 10:11 AM   #10
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
1097
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Central Virginia

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguts View Post
I always thought the small mirrors were more desirable. I prefer them anyway.
Great looking. A pain to use as mirrors. And more likely for the dimming elements to go bad than the later ones. I have, and still have, both. Love to put the larger ones on my wife's car. When I'd go from my '13 128i Msport to her Year-One-of-the-1 I felt like I was cutting off half of my field of view.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 11:30 PM   #11
lvfb
Private First Class
14
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: BMW 128i cabrio
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

i bought (2x) 2009 e88s in july. one was 5900 and the other was 7900usd. both around 95k~ miles

Last edited by lvfb; 11-29-2021 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: edit for year
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 03:18 PM   #12
TheMadMax
New Member
6
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 128i
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

That is insane. you can get a fairly low mileage (4-60k) 135i with M-sport and DCT around here for about that price.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 06:34 PM   #13
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
1097
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Central Virginia

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMax View Post
That is insane. you can get a fairly low mileage (4-60k) 135i with M-sport and DCT around here for about that price.
Yeah but . . . those aren't really the same as a 128i 6-speed, are they now?!

When I bought my 128i M-sport 6-speed I had no interest in a 135i—DCT or even 6-speed. Likewise, when I purchased my E39 530i Sport 5-speed people told me "You could have had a V8." I didn't want one of those, either!

Last edited by BMWCCA1; 12-06-2021 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-17-2021, 02:18 PM   #14
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
chris_flies's Avatar
United_States
2897
Rep
2,829
Posts

Drives: In Exuberance
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Woodbridge, VA, USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Great looking. A pain to use as mirrors. And more likely for the dimming elements to go bad than the later ones. I have, and still have, both. Love to put the larger ones on my wife's car. When I'd go from my '13 128i Msport to her Year-One-of-the-1 I felt like I was cutting off half of my field of view.
Stick the European lenses on! Super easy swap and it disappears the car's blind spots. One of the things I miss the most from my 1'er...swapping them on my E91 would be something like $600 with the auto-dimming nonsense.
__________________
2012 BMW 328i 6-Speed Wagon | Deep Sea Blue with Grey Dakota Leather (Manual Swapped)
(SOLD) 2009 BMW 128i 6-Speed Coupé | chris_flies' 128i thread
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 11:57 PM   #15
Z3SpdDmn
Private First Class
23
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: PWC #80 M235iR, #007 SpecE30
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dexter, MI

iTrader: (2)

This is good validation of where I thought the market was going on these. I was figuring my car would be ~$20k if the right buyer was in the room, but I keep going back to the fact that I couldn't replace it with something better for the money! Faster? Sure. But these are one of the last great, light-ish, simple-ish drivers' cars from BMW!
__________________
-Anthony Magagnoli
Pirelli World Chalenge: Rooster Hall Racing/FCP Euro #80 M235iR - 2017 Rookie of the Year
NASA ST2 5.2 Motorsports Shelby GT350 #941
'08 "130i GT" 6MT / '01 Z3 3.0i Coupe 5MT / SpecE30
Drive Faster Now
Appreciate 1
Olgeezer1140.00
      02-13-2022, 01:07 PM   #16
NorthernDancer
Lieutenant Colonel
611
Rep
1,946
Posts

Drives: Sedona 128
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa On Canada

iTrader: (3)

Just listed [Feb 12th?] on BAT a 2011, lemans blue, red interior, M Sport, 6MT, 48K miles significant paint work right side [keyed?]. Already $11,500 with 6 days to go.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 10:38 AM   #17
jdt10768
Private First Class
jdt10768's Avatar
67
Rep
194
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i MSport 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Columbia, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
Just listed [Feb 12th?] on BAT a 2011, lemans blue, red interior, M Sport, 6MT, 48K miles significant paint work right side [keyed?]. Already $11,500 with 6 days to go.
watching that one, will be interesting
just hang onto your car and keep it in good shape
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2022, 03:24 PM   #18
NorthernDancer
Lieutenant Colonel
611
Rep
1,946
Posts

Drives: Sedona 128
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa On Canada

iTrader: (3)

Sold on BAT for $22,100

They keep going up folks.
The Good: great, maybe the best colors, low mileage, M Sport, 6MT
The no so Good: whole right side repainted, 17" wheels, black mark on rear seat, once stolen, some rust.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 06:31 PM   #19
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
1097
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Central Virginia

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
They keep going up folks.
The Good: great, maybe the best colors, low mileage, M Sport, 6MT
The no so Good: whole right side repainted, 17" wheels, black mark on rear seat, once stolen, some rust.
Also stolen/recovery on CarFax, no heated seats, painted rear-valance. Not even sure if it had comfort-access. A tribute to the color combination that it did as well as it did with all the negatives involved. I have a good friend watching this carefully as he prepares to sell his 48,000-mile 2013 Space Gray/Black Leather, M-sport 6-speed with sunroof, Nav, H/K, with clean Carfax and no paintwork. He's thinking the longer he waits, the more it should bring! Can this bubble sustain itself? I'm about to hit 104,000 in my Alpine White 2013 M-sport stick with black leather, Xenons, H-K, heated seats, no paintwork, 18-inch Apex Anthracites, and thinking about how much enjoyment covering those miles has brought me compared to making it a garage queen. I drive it every day I can.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 07:08 PM   #20
Almuliman
Second Lieutenant
Almuliman's Avatar
United_States
162
Rep
281
Posts

Drives: 2013 LMB 6MT 128i
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Outside Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Crazy. It started at what I paid for mine in July. 75K, LMB over Oyster leather, M-sport 6MT with sunroof, nav, H/K, heated power seats, Comfort Access, clean Carfax, no paintwork (although the bottom of the front bumper is scraped up, there are chips on the hood, and an odd dent on the top of the driver's side front fender). Whether or not the TC Kline double adjustable suspension affects price will depend on the buyer, I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 11:01 PM   #21
NorthernDancer
Lieutenant Colonel
611
Rep
1,946
Posts

Drives: Sedona 128
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa On Canada

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Also stolen/recovery on CarFax, no heated seats, painted rear-valance. Not even sure if it had comfort-access. A tribute to the color combination that it did as well as it did with all the negatives involved. I have a good friend watching this carefully as he prepares to sell his 48,000-mile 2013 Space Gray/Black Leather, M-sport 6-speed with sunroof, Nav, H/K, with clean Carfax and no paintwork. He's thinking the longer he waits, the more it should bring! Can this bubble sustain itself? I'm about to hit 104,000 in my Alpine White 2013 M-sport stick with black leather, Xenons, H-K, heated seats, no paintwork, 18-inch Apex Anthracites, and thinking about how much enjoyment covering those miles has brought me compared to making it a garage queen. I drive it every day I can.
Bought my very 1st BMW in Richmond Va. in 2004. 89 325iX that had never seen snow, 98% original paint, summer HP Kumhos. If I lived there, I'd be driving my 128 almost every day too. As it is, mine must sit in winter storage
usually 5 months each year. 2008 with 66,800 miles. Oh, and the bubble will keep going. In about 3 yrs I think I'll be able to sell my 128 for more than I paid for it in 2011. "They don't build them anymore"
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 02:32 PM   #22
NorthernDancer
Lieutenant Colonel
611
Rep
1,946
Posts

Drives: Sedona 128
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa On Canada

iTrader: (3)

Recently on BAT

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-128-11/
2011 white/dk brown, 79K miles, $16,600
no sport
4 owners
1 open recall
oil pan gasket done [$$$]
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST