BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Police judge recommended speeding offender to get rid of her sports car

Today Belgian press reported about a Belgian Police Court decision (Police judge recommended a speeding offender to get rid of her Porsche 911). Don't get too carried away by your 1M.

Feel free to move this thread to the general 1er section if deemed appropriate.

Source: http://www.standaard.be/artikel/deta...MF20120402_134
------------------------------------------------
«You'd better choose another car than a Porsche»
Rotselaar/Geel - The Leuven Police Court [Belgium] has recommended a 40-year old woman to buy another car. The Court considers that the woman has assimilated herself too much with her Porsche.
A 40-year old woman from Geel was imposed a three month driving ban by the Leuven Police Court. On July 3, 2011 she was caught [by a speed trap] at the E314 [highway] in Wezemaal (Rotselaar) at a speed of 185 km/h [115 mph].
It was already the 12th time that the woman had been caught speeding with her Porsche.
The woman was also already caught once when she had parked her sports car on a parking space for differently abled people.
According to the judge a causational link exists between the driving behavior of the woman and her Porsche 911: «Apparently she has fully adapted her driving behavior to her car, piling up the offenses. I would like to recommend her to chose another type of car, because in my view this is the root cause of her very high speed results which have been registered.»
Apart from a three month driving ban the judge also condemned the woman to a EUR1,100 fine.

------------------------------------------------
Original text:
«U kiest beter een andere wagen dan een Porsche»
Rotselaar/Geel - De politierechter in Leuven heeft een 40-jarige vrouw aangeraden om een andere auto te kopen. Ze heeft zich te zeer vereenzelvigd met haar Porsche, vindt de rechtbank.
Een 40-jarige vrouw uit Geel heeft van de Leuvense politierechter een rijverbod van drie maanden gekregen. Ze werd op 3 juli 2011 op de E314 in Wezemaal (Rotselaar) geflitst met een snelheid van 185 kilometer per uur.
Het was al de twaalfde keer dat de vrouw betrapt werd op te snel rijden met haar Porsche.
De beklaagde werd ook al een keer betrapt toen ze haar sportwagen op een parkeerplaats voor andersvaliden achterliet.
Volgens de politierechter is er een oorzakelijk verband tussen het rijgedrag van de vrouw en haar Porsche 911. «Blijkbaar heeft ze haar rijgedrag volledig aangepast aan haar wagen en stapelen de overtredingen zich op. Ik zou haar willen aanraden voor een ander type auto te kiezen, want dat ligt volgens mij aan de grondslag van de wel zeer hoge snelheden die ze laat noteren.»
De rechter sprak naast het rijverbod van drie maanden een boete van 1.100 euro uit.

Last edited by Artemis; 04-02-2012 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Interestingly, the judge had been spotted at a local used Porsche dealership only the day before ...
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
fermat1313
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M, 2002 Honda S200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The woman was also already caught once when she had parked her sports car on a parking space for differently abled people.
That could be the first non-ironic usage of the term "differently-abled".

2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe | Valencia Orange | ED Ordered May 26, 2011 | Welt Pickup October 25, 2011 | PCD Pickup January 3, 2012
2002 Honda S2000 | Suzuka Blue | Purchased in 2012 with 81k miles.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List
€1100,-- that cheap?

gotta move to belgium

...some years ago they showed me two fat folders filled with my traffic violations and told me the next time i get caught speeding they would suspend my licence for good and i could come back after twelve months to apply for a new drivers licence...

i drive more carefully since

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Amazing story! So she is innocent but the car is guilty? That would be my defense!

Last year there was this guy from the UK that was pretty smart. I have heard of many people driving a car in Germany from another country here and their German registered car in the UK(or where ever). That way they don't get any tickets! lol

Anyway... this guy lived in Bayreuth (BT) but his Audi had UK tags/plates. When ever he would see a mobile "Blitzer" (camera) he would put up his Muppet doll... and say CHEASE Herr Polizei. I think the BT Polizei are still looking for this guy.

Name:  Muppet_car.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  44.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
ruf
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M

only in Belgium...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Anyway... this guy lived in Bayreuth (BT) but his Audi had UK tags/plates. When ever he would see a mobile "Blitzer" (camera) he would put up his Muppet doll... and say CHEASE Herr Polizei. I think the BT Polizei are still looking for this guy.
LOL Seriously??!?!
Appreciate 0