BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-15-2017, 09:34 PM   #111
OzJustin
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AT Monaco Blue

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Sorry old thread to be revive. I've just bought a Blackvue DR650GW-2CH But seems like the whole point of getting full HD is to be able to read the number plate. But seems like I can't see the number place when driving? Yes this means also pause the video and zoom in. unless it comes to a complete stop. Anyone have this issue? or any I expecting too much??
The camera bitrate has a big influence on this, particularly for night time driving. If the image is grainy when on the move this will be a contributing factor. I agree if you can't read the plate then there is limited value in having the camera.

Re your expectations - While BlackVue is popular (particularly in Australia), they have never been held in the highest regard for bitrate/overall quality and there are much better cameras out there these days.
      02-18-2017, 04:06 AM   #112
Caduceus
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 (sold), 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Sorry old thread to be revive. I've just bought a Blackvue DR650GW-2CH But seems like the whole point of getting full HD is to be able to read the number plate. But seems like I can't see the number place when driving? Yes this means also pause the video and zoom in. unless it comes to a complete stop. Anyone have this issue? or any I expecting too much??
Another tip for you. The camera records audio. If you are involved in, or witness to, a camera-worthy incident, read the rego plate out loud. If later review of the footage shows the plate to be unreadable, you will still be able to match your reading of the number with a vehicle description or a partial plate.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #113
mrexcuse
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Tiguan, M2 Comp, 330 Touring

This was super helpful even thought it was from a few years ago. Saved me from having to test all of the circuits. Ended up using number 8 to coincide with the 12 volt outlet for the switchable power.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 04:34 AM   #114
Pinarelloman
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 320D

So, I fitted a Blackvue 650 with front and rear camera to the wifes VW Tiguan.
One month later she is parked nose in to a brick wall in an underground car park in Sydney and comes back to the car and there blue gooey stuff on the bonnet and guard.

She reports it to the car park security and comes home.

By then the paint is lifting. Its paint stripper.

Pull the Blackvue memory card and download the footage. The rear camera clearly shows the criminals car coming down the ramp, driving up to her car. The front camera gives a perfect view of his face as he pours the paint stripper on the bonnet. repair price was $2500.

I gave the footage to the Police, it took 6 months to catch up with him. He is having a government sponsored holiday and the insurance company want the money back that they paid for repairs.
Appreciate 1
lammy4.50