BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-09-2022, 06:47 PM   #1
henrylun
Registered
6
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: May 2022
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

DIY Suede Gauge Cover

Someone at MPact had the 1M gauge cover and I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and make my oem one look a little better.





Appreciate 3
      08-13-2022, 10:19 PM   #2
WrathOTM
Private First Class
WrathOTM's Avatar
96
Rep
126
Posts

Drives: BMW 128i
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

iTrader: (0)

So does that stuff come like a wrap that just sticks on? Or did you have to glue it.
__________________
Mods to date: 3SIM - Sport Seats- BMS Clutch pedal stop- Poor man's cold air intake- Wood wrap on interior trim- TPMS delete- Cowl Delete-
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 03:29 AM   #3
NickTheQuick
New Member
NickTheQuick's Avatar
Italy
12
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: BMW E82 123d 2012
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylun View Post
Someone at MPact had the 1M gauge cover and I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and make my oem one look a little better.





How did you make the yellow part on the steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 09:17 AM   #4
scratchgolf135
Private First Class
32
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: alpine white 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fishers, IN

iTrader: (0)

Looks good! I did the same but tried to add stitching similar to the 1m dash. Isn't 100% perfect but good enough. chose to use BMW red thread to match the rest of the interior. I ordered the fabric and thread from Relicate since they seem to have legit alcantara.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 10:42 AM   #5
uzone02
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW E82 135i
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

nice work man
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 03:29 PM   #6
Dgc4571
New Member
7
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i coupe
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchgolf135 View Post
Looks good! I did the same but tried to add stitching similar to the 1m dash. Isn't 100% perfect but good enough. chose to use BMW red thread to match the rest of the interior. I ordered the fabric and thread from Relicate since they seem to have legit alcantara.

That looks absolutely amazing! What color number thread and alcantara did you get from relicate? There are just so many options, and i love how yours turned out
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 09:35 PM   #7
scratchgolf135
Private First Class
32
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: alpine white 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fishers, IN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgc4571 View Post
That looks absolutely amazing! What color number thread and alcantara did you get from relicate? There are just so many options, and i love how yours turned out
Thanks! I used anthracite unbacked alcantara (9002) and bmw red thread (0504) Tex 135.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST