BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #23
JDZ609
Rep
Drives: 2011 E88 Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1482914

I'd generally stick to one thread for a subject.
Yeah, sorry. Like I said...newbie.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 06:20 AM   #24
pito2121
Private
Rep
Drives: Bimmers!!

Garage List
2012 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Personally I would go JB4 instead of the MHD tune. While MHD is great, it requires an android device, which I don't know if u have already and a certain DME. If you don't have the older style DME you will have to pay for a unlock before u can even consider MHD. Plus depending on what u plan to do in the future the JB4 adjusts really well to future mods. There are upgrades to the JB4 to allow anything form bluetooth capability all the way up to 6 additional injector control, and the JB4 has several tunes that can be changed on the fly. No flashing!! One of the biggest advantages of the JB4 is the safety capabilities built into it that the a DME flash doesn't offer, and it has excellent tech support. If you decide to go with big power number u can stack a JB4 backend through an MHD license and have all the great features of the MHD and the JB4 itself, then sky is the limit for tuning and power. After the JB4 I would do a catless downpipe. U can change from a stage 1 to a stage 2 on the JB4 and really feel ur moneys worth. Next the intercooler for sure. Keep it on stage two or u can run the JB4 on stage 5 (auto tune) and it will adjust PSI for you. So......JB4......catless DP......intercooler.

Burger Tuning- JB4
VRSF or N54 tuning downpipe- I know VRSF is on back order but there is a reason for it, they are that good for the money.
VRSF again for the intercooler. The 5 inch is good but the 7inch will be better for future mods. U don't want to modify the same part twice. Plus the trimming required is to the black plastic under the bumper not the bumper itself so its really easy to do and look great.

After that Exhaust, intake, and charge pipe. At this point u will have great power and get all the great turbo sounds to make ur driving not only fast but exhilarating. Be advised, with a catless downpipe and the DCT u will get a cabin drone and you will have exhaust smell, but the fun factor will over power those and u will get used to it. Also, if your on a budget live in the for sale section of this forum and the others related to you car. One's man's junk is another man's treasure. Put a post starting with WTB and let people know what ur looking for and how much u have to spend. Sometimes parts come to u!! Good luck and happy modding!!

Last edited by pito2121; 04-23-2018 at 06:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 08:27 AM   #25
gtjosh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver 2011 135i DCT

I have the same year and setup as you. 2011 N55 with the DCT. I have had this car for about 2 years now and have slowly been modifying it. I started with a K&N high flow air filter. The next part I added was a Evolution Race works charge pipe for that added insurance because I knew i would eventually turn up the boost. I then switch out my tires for non runflats (seriously you want to get rid of the RFTs). I then decided I would go with a MHD OTS tune. Our year does not need to be unlocked I chose MHD Stage 1 just to get used to the power before I add more and it woke the car up. Its a night and day difference.

I have a VRSF catless dp sitting on the shelf ready to go on as well as a 5" ER intercooler. I am just waiting to add those until I do some maintenance.

If you want to save up for a better quality intercooler I would say you would be happy with a stage 1 tune for now and you can save up. Just my 2 cents happy modding and welcome.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #26
niceast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e82

Last edited by niceast; 11-25-2018 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0