Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzequielR
were you the guy i met at LIPSG this past week? once again i must state your car is gorgeous.
the only 3 series owner I spoke to recently was when both of us got off the LIE and he had a sky blue wrapped 3er which looked very nice as i commented to the driver...was that you? if not then maybe you encountered someone else!

Last edited by IEDEI; 07-05-2014 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #68
SNOOPY11
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Welcome to the club and glad to see you're enjoying your little beast.

This car is a benchmark in some many areas, I love how alive it feels and how connected you are to the car at all speeds, its like you're hardwired in with full control.

I also have a B7 RS 4 and the steering/power delivery feels asleep in the low end but really comes alive on the top end (where the 1M runs out of breath and feels a lil nervous- understandably so). One car exposes each others weakness, the RS is a serious performer but it feels like safe/boring speed even at autobahn speeds. I have never felt that with the M yet.

I see you're from brooklyn.. I grew up there and plan on coming back and meeting with friends at caesars bay during one of the gtg. Do you go by there at all?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 12:35 AM   #69
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus_Prime View Post
Congrats! Welcome to the club. Hope you enjoy the car in good health and in good times!

I'm like you in that I drive. A lot. I saw your other thread about daily driving a 1M when you've got a long commute and posted my response there: (link).
thanks, man!

well i definitely understand your logic about not wanting to commute in it....but i AM WEIRD. My sole purpose for acquiring the 1M is to drive the pants of it...

i work hard...i drive a lot....and i really want to commute in something special, because i feel i deserve it. For me, cars (and any other objects) are just objects which make things a little bit better for us to do things with. I hear a lot of talk about the 1M being a 'collectible' and having 'investment potential'....but for me, the 1M is a very epic car which i am going to enjoy the hell out of for at least a couple years as my primary commuter car; after 2-3 years i might reduce its role to a secondary enjoyment car. right now, it's my primary enjoyment tool! I want to drive it through snow and rain and sit in traffic jams with it! I consider living to be more special than any car!
This is what BMW M IS ALL ABOUT.

a sports car you can drive every day.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #70
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
This is what BMW M IS ALL ABOUT.

a sports car you can drive every day.
most definitely!!!! i can't tell you how much fun it is to DD the 1M.

Surprisingly, i actually find it a bit better as a DD than the 135is was----even though i really enjoyed the 135is as a commuter car as well. No squishy suspension and no bobbing/bodyroll anywhere in the 1M. I like a firm ride and the 1M is very very direct and connected to the road. It really is a fantastic car to use as a commuter!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #71
Klepper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Congrats! I am glad you made the switch! Both cars are fantastic to drive.
Appreciate 0