BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

If you want one, why won't you go in Canada?

Hey all,

As some of you may know, may dad just recently bought one in Quebec, Canada. The only draw back, he can only except delivery in November.

The thing he was told by the sales manager, is that a lot of people in Canada (well, at least Quebec) want one, but BMW Canada will only take orders when the car is fully paid in advance (or at least a GOOD amount of it is paid). They only want serious buyers. Therefore, people (here) are not willing to buy a car without test driving it, and only addicts or people with a passion for cars, will buy one without test driving it. At least, that is on the East side of Canada. I doubt you can still get one in Calgary or Vancouver.

Therefore, for those of you who REALLY want one, why don't you go on the East Side of Canada? I am sure you can find one!

Just a tip for further 1M lovers

Last edited by abisson; 08-01-2011 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
strati1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

I was sitting on a bus through Athens Greece yesterday and looked through the window into the BMW showroom and there sat my future car....a VO 1M. yum. Considering the amount of 4 banger hatches here that car is going to blow the doors off everything in Greece.
//Mods: Golf Tee, red out tails, smoked fogs, B&G S2 Springs, Adjustable Koni Yellows, Vorshlag Camberplates, PSS 225 square, Macht Schnell 90mm studs, H&R spacers 15mm front 20mm rear (no rubbing), RPI scoops, K&N
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
Hey all,

As some of you may know, may dad just recently bought one in Quebec, Canada. The only draw back, he can only except delivery in November.

The thing he was told by the sales manager, is that a lot of people in Canada (well, at least Quebec) want one, but BMW Canada will only take orders when the car is fully paid in advance (or at least a GOOD amount of it is paid). They only want serious buyers. Therefore, people (here) are not willing to buy a car without test driving it, and only addicts or people with a passion for cars, will buy one without test driving it. At least, that is on the East Coast. I doubt you can still get one in Calgary or Vancouver.

Therefore, for those of you who REALLY want one, why don't you go on the East Coast of Canada? I am sure you can find one!

Just a tip for further 1M lovers

East coast...aint going to happen. Dealers in atlantic found it very hard to get allocations..most went to larger dealers in Toronto or Montreal. As far as I know, I am the only one in Nova Scotia and MNavigator is the only in New Brunswick.

...I hope you aren't thinking Quebec is 'east coast Canada'
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
East coast...aint going to happen. Dealers in atlantic found it very hard to get allocations..most went to larger dealers in Toronto or Montreal. As far as I know, I am the only one in Nova Scotia and MNavigator is the only in New Brunswick.

...I hope you aren't thinking Quebec is 'east coast Canada'
Well... I agree with you, we aren't on the coast, but at least, we are not Manitoba

If you don't mind asking, did you MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
Well... I agree with you, we aren't on the coast, but at least, we are not Manitoba

If you don't mind asking, did you MSRP?
Yes MSRP. Car is due to arrive sometime in the next two weeks.
Appreciate 0