BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-05-2019, 04:19 PM   #1
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

WTB: Clean 1M, Valencia or Alpine

Hey guys previous 1M owner thinking of picking up another. Looking for a loaded 1M in either Valencia Orange or Alpine White with full service history, all original paint, and as low miles as possible. Doesn't have to be stock so long as all stock parts are included. If you know of one or are thinking about selling please PM me. Thanks!
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Hope you find something perfect so I can welcome you the 1M 2-timers club.

I sold my 1M in 2013 and missed it. Looked a bunch of cars then finally bought a used one 2015. The one key difference is that you have some insane rides. Surprised you want one after seeing the list of cars you have.

Also final thought, don't rule out base 1Ms. They have a more flexible seating position since the seats go down lower, a dash that stands out now next to all the cars with screens and less to go wrong now that you are in the used market not to mention a little bit lighter.

Most of them are going on Bringatrailer now but this is a great place to post. I didn't find mine on here but it was a comment from a Canadian 1M owner and pictures of their hood that made me realize that Canadian 1Ms met US EPA and Calfornia standards and at that time the CAD had dropped significantly. So best wishes on the search and hope to make you a member of the two-time club.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #3
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Hope you find something perfect so I can welcome you the 1M 2-timers club.

I sold my 1M in 2013 and missed it. Looked a bunch of cars then finally bought a used one 2015. The one key difference is that you have some insane rides. Surprised you want one after seeing the list of cars you have.

Also final thought, don't rule out base 1Ms. They have a more flexible seating position since the seats go down lower, a dash that stands out now next to all the cars with screens and less to go wrong now that you are in the used market not to mention a little bit lighter.

Most of them are going on Bringatrailer now but this is a great place to post. I didn't find mine on here but it was a comment from a Canadian 1M owner and pictures of their hood that made me realize that Canadian 1Ms met US EPA and Calfornia standards and at that time the CAD had dropped significantly. So best wishes on the search and hope to make you a member of the two-time club.
My main reason for looking at a 1M again is the rarity along with the back seats; would be nice to have something that doesn't depreciate. I have an almost 7 year old and also a 1 year old at home and I would like a sports car with back seats as well. Neither my R8 or the GT3 RS have back seats and my 7 yr old is now too heavy for the airbag off sensor. I am frankly a bit weary of him riding in the front of either car just in case something were to happen God forbid. It is much safer for kids in the backseat though I do take my due diligence in having the seat as far back as possible when he rides passenger now. I am also considering a clean e46 M3 (one of my favorites and I had two before) as well as some other non BMW 4 seaters.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 1
nachob2312.00
      01-07-2019, 06:10 PM   #4
M_Thrizzle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VO 1M; E46 ///M3

If you want very low miles, check out EAG in Ohio. You'll pay a premium for it though.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 10:29 PM   #5
Alan1M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

https://www.bmwcca.org/ads/203441
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #6
JeffreyBMW1M
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

About to list my Valencia 1M for sale (37k Miles)

Hi PunjabiM3,

I saw your post and thought I would respond. I'm about to list my 1M and just contacted BAT, but their reserve was way too low in my opinion. I've only owned the car 13 months but it's completely stock, in great shape and never tracked. Happy to send pics and more detail if you're interested. I'm just looking to get back what I paid really (+some taxes). Just looking for a fair, quick, deal with someone who has the capacity to pay. Please PM me.

Jeff
Appreciate 0