BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #23
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The West Coast VDC in Port Hueneme, California receives cars for the West Coast customers. Here is some more info on what goes on the VDC. They handle all BMW's that come shipped over from Germany. Only the X3/X5/X6's get trucked direct to your dealer.

http://www.thedieseldriver.com/2010/02/bmw-vdc/
Dackelone, thanks for the link! I actually took a tour of the Port Hueneme VDC in November 2011, and it was fascinating. It is amazing all of the different things they do there, and the sheer magnitude of the operation and volume of cars they move through.

Now, I only wish they had a 1 Series Perf SSK option for PIA, but no suck luck here.

HeyMoe53 -- sounds like an awesome Easter dinner with your kids. Well done!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #24
MA128
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128 Coupe 6MT

Garage List
2013 128 Coupe  [0.00]
HeyMoe53 - great minds think alike

Here's my build:

128 6MT Coupe
Mineral Grey
M-Sport
Premium (w/ black leather)
Cold Weather
Xenon
Harman Kardon
Bluetooth w/ BMW Assist
Anthracite trim

I love my 2009 128 and, as you can see by my signature, the suspension is finally right. The only reason I want to buy a new one is because I want to have this car forever (especially being the last chance to get I-6 and hydraulic steering). My current 1er has almost 70,000 miles on it now and will have about 140,000 miles by the time I retire. If I buy a new one now, it will have only 70,000 miles on it and be a good candidate for long term ownership when I put on many fewer miles per year. I'll probably sell my 2009 to my son.

OP - I highly recommend the Xenons. I'm 58 so that's part of the reason but these are just fantastic headlights.

You'll note that I do not want the technology package. Although iPod navigation is a little clumsy without iDrive, I simply hate screens stuck on top of dashboards. The 128 has such a clean, low-profile dash and it's a more pure, or "vintage," driving experience. That's another reason to grab a 2013 car. I despise the "iPad" that BMW sticks on top of every F30 dash and imagine they'll do the same with the 2014 2-series.
      04-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #25
HeyMoe53
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 M240 AW/Coral MT

I just keep getting wonderful comments from so many fellow "1ers." I love all of the comments!

Maybe, all of this fun is an early birthday present (will be 60 on Friday).

I'll remember to raise one (or more) for all the "1ers" that evening.

Again, thanks to all!!!!

Moe
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #26
HeyMoe53
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 M240 AW/Coral MT

OK--time for an update.

I placed an order on Monday for a new 128. Here's the build...

LeMans Blue
Oyster interior (I'm confident that I can keep it clean)
Manual transmission (no other way for me)
M-Sport (another given)
Premium (couldn't get Sirius without it, decided I wanted the power seats)
Heated seats

Still thinking about Performance Center Delivery. I'm kind of wondering how much longer it would take, compared to the ETA at my dealer in Pennsylvania.

My dealer had production slots available, so they are telling me I'll get it in six weeks.

I'm comfortable with the deal. I could have maybe cross-shopped some, and scored a couple of hundred dollars more.

I don't do that. Never have. If I am happy with a dealer, I'll never do that if their offer is competitive.

At my dealer, I am treated just as well as if I were driving an M, or a 7-series. Every single time.

They will be getting a very nice 1er in trade. They have commented, "We know how you take care of your car."

Well, sometime in June, I will have a new 1er to fuss over, and have fun driving.

Thanks to each and every one of you for your comments.

Regards,

Moe
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #27
exPat
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT

Likely putting in my order tomorrow morning for a 128i with 6mt and M-package. Dealer is being very accommodating at invoice plus small fee. Makes me wonder if I'm leaving money on the table.
Appreciate 0