BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #45
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
All this so called "Tech" how about increased security against something little like....CAR THEFT.
How about driving training and education instead?
You are one strange individual Anyways, maybe a little car theft is in your future.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 05:11 PM   #46
SchwarzerReiter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428i

I dont understand why everyone is complaining and making posts like "i buy a BMW to drive it myself". Here's why:

1. Not everyone is like you. Lots of people buy BMWs, from old businessmen, to soccermoms, to car enthusiasts. That's why BMW offers a multitude of cars with different specs and engines.

2. I have a 4 series and i love to drive it on twisty roads. Sometimes though i am stuck in traffic, sometimes i just want to do the shopping, sometimes i am angry as hell and incapable of driving properly.
Sometimes when i'm done with a night shift i have to drive home after being awake all night and that is when EVERYONE else is driving to work. I cant tell you how many times i almost fell asleep on the wheel while stuck in traffic after work.

3. Highways, need i say more? I'd rather be watching a movie in my car if i can, instead of driving at a straight line.

4. Getting home while drunk, injured, tending to your kids or pregnant wife whose water just broke or another injured person, becoming unconscious (where the car could theoretically either stop or drive you to a hospital without the need of an ambulance).

5. BMW is in the same ballpark as Mercedes and Audi, not Ferrari. Ferrari can say whatever they want because they ACTUALLY make purist supercars and because they're goddamn Ferrari. But if Mercedes is offering you a self driving car that brews your morning coffee and walks your dog for you, then BMW has to offer that too.

6. All these gadgets might decrease insurance costs if they become the norm and most people use them during their daily drives. It will also save lives. You can still turn them off and drive down a mountain road, nobody is taking that away from you, so please stop pretending that you only drive your BMW at 10/10 and only for fun.

Last edited by SchwarzerReiter; 06-26-2019 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
jmg18493.00
clee1982796.00
      06-26-2019, 06:15 PM   #47
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
And high beam assist! The number of times I've blinded on-coming traffic has made me just turn it off and do it the old fashioned way!
While I don't do a ton of night driving, I use the high beam assist and I have never been flashed by a driver coming in the other direction. However, I have the adaptive lights and had them coded to undo the disabling of the antidazzlde feature.
Ditto. Anti-dazzle works extremely well.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #48
AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
While I don't do a ton of night driving, I use the high beam assist and I have never been flashed by a driver coming in the other direction. However, I have the adaptive lights and had them coded to undo the disabling of the antidazzlde feature.
Interesting, I've found it a bit slow to react myself however I notice you have a far newer car than mine so perhaps the technology has improved over the generations.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 11:30 AM   #49
bladers
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Tesla deployed this feature in its cars about a month ago.
No they haven't!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 04:20 PM   #50
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerReiter View Post
I dont understand why everyone is complaining and making posts like "i buy a BMW to drive it myself". Here's why:

1. Not everyone is like you. Lots of people buy BMWs, from old businessmen, to soccermoms, to car enthusiasts. That's why BMW offers a multitude of cars with different specs and engines.

2. I have a 4 series and i love to drive it on twisty roads. Sometimes though i am stuck in traffic, sometimes i just want to do the shopping, sometimes i am angry as hell and incapable of driving properly.
Sometimes when i'm done with a night shift i have to drive home after being awake all night and that is when EVERYONE else is driving to work. I cant tell you how many times i almost fell asleep on the wheel while stuck in traffic after work.

3. Highways, need i say more? I'd rather be watching a movie in my car if i can, instead of driving at a straight line.

4. Getting home while drunk, injured, tending to your kids or pregnant wife whose water just broke or another injured person, becoming unconscious (where the car could theoretically either stop or drive you to a hospital without the need of an ambulance).

5. BMW is in the same ballpark as Mercedes and Audi, not Ferrari. Ferrari can say whatever they want because they ACTUALLY make purist supercars and because they're goddamn Ferrari. But if Mercedes is offering you a self driving car that brews your morning coffee and walks your dog for you, then BMW has to offer that too.

6. All these gadgets might decrease insurance costs if they become the norm and most people use them during their daily drives. It will also save lives. You can still turn them off and drive down a mountain road, nobody is taking that away from you, so please stop pretending that you only drive your BMW at 10/10 and only for fun.
I agree with this BUT automatically stopping at red lights is NOT a safety feature in my book. It is a risk feature and a stressful one. If a driver needs to have his car stop automatically at red lights, he needs Uber or Lyft.
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1707.50
      06-30-2019, 12:43 PM   #51
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

when will BMW improve upper and lower oil pan gaskets?