BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-30-2019, 09:07 PM   #1
Bigboss473
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 128i

N52 VANOS Warranty

Had my 2011 128i for about 2 yrs super fun car to drive has aftermarket headers and 135i m performance exhaust. Anyways no problems til recently, car just hit 75k. new belt/pulleys, oil filter housing which lead to the new belt, and most recently the valve cover. Seconds after pulling off from paying 1k to do the valve cover the service light comes on again smh the auto shop said that's what I wanted to happen that bmw wouldnt touch it with the leaking valve cover or with the light off. but that now it's just the vanos faults and after they fix that the car would be %100. Has anyone had vanos done recently at the dealer under warranty and if so how long did the whole process take? The dealers had the car for about a day and a half now all I've got was one call today saying theyve diagnosed the car and it's giving vanos fault codes. That they need to look at it for a bit longer while they take pictures and wait for approval for the warranty? Then they will need another full day after the approval. Sounds to me like they're going to try to blame the vanos failing on me somehow but I'm curious if anyone else has had the dealer try to not fix a warranty/recall
Appreciate 0