BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #45
Lexington
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Blue Water

I feel your pain and agree a month is too long. So much for great BMW customer service. What about contacting her supervisor?I
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #46
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
I feel your pain and agree a month is too long. So much for great BMW customer service. What about contacting her supervisor?I
Well, I don't really think that it is my advocate that is not doing what they can. I am more concerned about the whole operation. Does the marketing department (or whatever department handles this kind of stuff) review the customer file before they suggest that a 30 day out tech visit is the solution?:iono:

My file states, or at least it should state that my car shakes under acceleration and goes into limp mode and that this has been going on for two weeks already. You would think that they would realize that driving a car in this condition for 30 days might drive someone crazy enough to drive the thing into a ditch.
| Alpine White | Coral | Gloss Black | Paddles | Sport | Comfort | Heated Seats | I-Pod | Performance Rotors | Shadowline Grill | GB E-Brake | GB Gear Selector | 35% Tint | BMS Intake | GP Thunders | Debaged | Bimmian Black Roundels |
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 05:47 PM   #47
ARES45
Major
Rep
Drives:

The really should provide you with some sort of replacement car in the mean time. Sorry to hear this.
      10-31-2008, 06:58 AM   #48
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Totally unacceptable...

Get yourself a lawyer and get things rolling.

Maybe explain to them that if you get stranded (and hurt or otherwise) due to a car THEY KNOW has problems, they could be opening themselves up to a real problem.

And why the heck is "marketing" even involved. IMO this is a technical and legal issue, marketing is a misdirection/stall tactic.

No offense bud, you sound like a really reasonable guy, but, you need to get more aggressive here, enough is enough.

Get off this forum and go get in their faces one way or the other!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #49
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
Totally unacceptable...

Get yourself a lawyer and get things rolling.

Maybe explain to them that if you get stranded (and hurt or otherwise) due to a car THEY KNOW has problems, they could be opening themselves up to a real problem.

And why the heck is "marketing" even involved. IMO this is a technical and legal issue, marketing is a misdirection/stall tactic.

No offense bud, you sound like a really reasonable guy, but, you need to get more aggressive here, enough is enough.

Get off this forum and go get in their faces one way or the other!
I see where you are coming from but you are required by law to go through the arbitration process before going to court. You are required to give them one chance to fix the issue to your satisfaction first.

I have the car in the shop right now for a Regional Tech to "inspect" the car. I am not sure what they mean by "inspect" though:iono:

Is he inspecting the car to make sure it has not been abused and actually has the issues I am reporting so that they can move forward with my repurchase?

Or, is he inspecting the car to try and fix the issue and then try to talk me into keeping the car now that a big Regional Tech has fixed the issue?

I hope it is not the latter. With all the issues this car has had so far I don't think I will ever feel comforatable keeping the car. I will always have the thought in the back of my head that it might go into limp mode again. Not to mention the depreciation I have lost in the car due to it being in the shop all these times. You can't really put a price on the depreciation I have taken so even if they wanted to compensate me for it I would not know how much would be enough:iono:

I will keep you all updated.

Thanks,

Brandon
| Alpine White | Coral | Gloss Black | Paddles | Sport | Comfort | Heated Seats | I-Pod | Performance Rotors | Shadowline Grill | GB E-Brake | GB Gear Selector | 35% Tint | BMS Intake | GP Thunders | Debaged | Bimmian Black Roundels |
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #50
Noize
Under the radar
United_States
Rep
Drives: FWD in reverse

Good luck Brandon. I hate that you are having to endure this, and hope it is resolved to your satisfaction very soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #51
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

I-One-Da?

Wow, I hope this turns out well. I also hope you are able to post the outcome. If by any chance they do decide to block you from posting...some kind of settlement... can you at least find a way to get word out you ended up in a good way... This is really sad to read. Never fun to see a fellow 1addict brother suffer like this...

Hope some of our other posts can keep you sane... Take care!

EspressoBoy
      11-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #52
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

UPDATE:

I took the car in on last Thursday to have the Regional Engineer look at the car.

Turns out that they basically ignored my requests and sent the Engineer out to just try and fix the issue with the car and not pursue any other form of customer service for me:iono:

The tech reported that he found a couple fuel injectors that were "marginal" and suggested replacing all of them to be sure. This seems like a logical reason for the misfires but why did the dealership not see this? I am no mechanic but I do know that there are only three things that could cause a misfire. Not enough fuel, not enough air, or no spark. It seems to me that the first two things I would look at would be the coils/spark plugs and then the fuel system (ie. injectors, fuel pumps). How did the dealership miss these bad injectors:iono:

So now the list of parts replaced include:

1. Low pressure fuel pump
2. Coil and plug from bank 2
3. Coil and plug from bank 1
4. All six fuel injectors

I have not got the car back from the dealership yet. The fuel injectors are supposed to be in today.

Here is the other messed up part of this whole situation. The dealership tried to be sneaky and write the low pressure fuel pump and the first set of coil replacement off as 1 single visit in their system. Because of this their system only shows 3 total shop visits instead of 4. The very first visit that I was counting in my first post was when they told me that the engine malfunction light was on because of the gas cap being loose. Of course this was not the case because I later found out that there is a seperate light for the gas cap. So this is now 5 total visits to the shop, 4 with parts replaced, but only 3 showing in the BMW system. If you look at the dates on their Service Invoices you can clearly see that the two visits they rolled into 1 were days apart

Bottom line is that BMW NA thinks that I should be satisfied with the Regional Engineers fixes and that the matter is closed for now. I guess I will have to take things to the next step now

Never again will I buy a BMW and I will also persuade any of my friends and family to stay clear of BMW. Not only are BMW's problematic, BMW seems to not stand behind their product. For a luxury brand that is very very sad and not the experience I was hoping for:iono:

I do have to say that the car was great when it ran fine for those 1200 miles
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #53
ARES45
Major
Rep
Drives:

Good luck with the next step. In the end, you payed a lot of money for a new vehicle, and you didn't get treated right for that purchase. It really sounds like a dealer problem rather than a serious problem with the hardware of the car. I wish BMW NA could make the dealership buy it back as punishment for crappy service.
      11-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #54
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARES45 View Post
Good luck with the next step. In the end, you payed a lot of money for a new vehicle, and you didn't get treated right for that purchase. It really sounds like a dealer problem rather than a serious problem with the hardware of the car. I wish BMW NA could make the dealership buy it back as punishment for crappy service.
I agree. It really is sad..
      11-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #55
baseballbreath
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I-One-Da? - I feel your pain, I had a very similar experience with my VW Jetta 1.8t. Long story short I had all the coil packs replaced, all the injectors replaced, and all the plugs replaced. Shortly after that maintenance was done the timing belt went and because of the style of engine it threw 2 rods and bent 2 pistons. The car needed a new engine. VW didn't want to do anything because it had just run out of warranty so that burden rested on my shoulders. I vowed to never buy another VW, so I understand where you are coming from with not buying another BMW and recommending to others that they not buy a BMW. I have learned through experiences that every car manufacture has their "lemons", but that doesn't mean their entire line is bad. As far as the customer relations goes, I think it is unacceptable. I wish you the best of luck in the end. I'm sorry that you have had to have this "BMW Experience". Please post your results.

09 135i Black Sapphire
prem, sport, cold weather package
hi fi, iPod, Nav

Performacne:
JB3
RR Oil Catch Can
RR Stage II Intake
RR Intake Plenum
RR CDV
BMW Performance Exhaust

Cosmetics:
CF Interior Trim
M Door Sills
GP Thunder 75K
Black CF Ambergones
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #56
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

Just wanted to give everyone an update.

The car ran great for about 6 weeks after they replaced the fuel injectors. BMWNA made good on their end and reimbursed me for all of my headaches. The day after I signed the papers to agree to their offering the car went back into limp mode just like it has since day one.

BMWNA had now taken the car off my hands and has been great to work with. They have shown that they stand behind their products and that customer satisfaction is important to them. Although the whole process was not fun to go through I have to give kudos to BMWNA for making things right.

Now I need to figure out what to replace the 1er with:iono: Space Grey is looking pretty good

Thanks to everyone that posted here and supported a fellow 1Addict through this whole situation:drinking:

Brandon:w00t:
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #57
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

Thats a hell of a saga. It looks like persistence and picking the right dealerships is the key.

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #58
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

get a 335d!!!
      01-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #59
boxerdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Saphire 135i Spt & Prem

My last cars:

1997 Jetta GT
2002 VW GTI
2003 Land Rover Freelander
2005 Jetta GLI
2006 Passat
All European and nothing mayor in any of them...
I know a few people with Toyotas and Nissan that had more issues than me. I think you just got unlucky this time but these are normally very good cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-One-Da? View Post
1. 78' Datsun Pickup
2. 89' Honda Accord
3. 95' Acura Integra
4. 97' Acura CL 2.2
5. 05' Honda S2000
6. 03' Subaru WRX
7. 06' Acura TL
8. 05' Nissan Altima
9. 06' Nissan Titan

I have had my fair share of cars and never had any issues besides the common things like alternator, battery, plugs, etc.

I was a little concerned with the "Euro cars are always in the shop" rumor before I purchased the 1er. As you can see I have always had Japenese cars. I don't want to say that this is common to all Euro cars but being my first one, I am a little sensitive to it:iono:
Appreciate 0