BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

1st major problem since new

Hey all.

Have had my car for 18.5 months. Got 13,500 miles.

Loving it still.

I was getting on the highway Monday night and it gave a little stutter while I was cruising up to speed on the on-ramp. Didn't rev past 3000. I don't beat on it while it is warming up.

Merge into traffic and BONG BONG...The CEL reduced power light comes on. Luckily I pass right by the dealers' exit omw home from work. I noticed that the turbos aren't working. Stopped at the exit, noticed a really rough idle and sound.

The SA come out to see the code...asks a tech to take a look at it and I have a seat in the showroom. 1/2 hour later...SA comes out to tell me the code is for the Valvetronic and "I'm gonna get you into a loaner car." I asked how bad is the problem...SA said they aren't quite sure yet.

Got a 328 loaner and I was on my way.

Picked it up today and the SA wasn't there to discuss the issue. While they had it they changed my In-cabin air filter, did a brake fluid flush and a wash/vacuum...THANKS :-)

13515 GWCODE 43666026 PERFORMED VEHICLE TEST - FAULT FOUND 2DCE VALVETRONIC NO ADJUST POSSIBLE - FOLLOWED TEST PLAN B1214_TVD_VVMO AND RECEIVED GWCODE - REPROGRAMMED VEHICLE AND TEST DROVE - FAULT DID NOT RETURN

Any thoughts on the severity? Any worry?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Sounds like they updated your SW and sent you on your way. They want to see if this vanos problem comes back or not. Then they will most likely need to replace the ($$$)vanos unit.
Appreciate 0