BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-11-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
old135
Rep
Drives:

Trianon - due to arrive April 3rd Port Hueneme

The Trianon departed Bremerhaven on March 3, stopped in Southampton and then on to New York and finally to Port Hueneme by April 3. You can check if your car is on this ship by going to the Wilhelmsen site and putting in your VIN. The ships call letters are LAIZ4 if you want to track the progress of the ship.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
actualsize
Oversteer Achiever
Rep
Drives:

Trianon

Quote:
Originally Posted by old135 View Post
The Trianon departed Bremerhaven on March 3, stopped in Southampton and then on to New York and finally to Port Hueneme by April 3. You can check if your car is on this ship by going to the Wilhelmsen site and putting in your VIN. The ships call letters are LAIZ4 if you want to track the progress of the ship.
I went to www.wlna.com but could not find a box in the tracking section where a VIN could be entered. The site isn't much help, and it looks like something other than a VIN is needed. Never done this before. Do you have more specific instructions or a link to a FAQ on this?

And is the Trianon the first ship coming to Cali with 1's on it? I'm not even certain that's the ship I'm on.

Found the FAQ. I'll keep trying to figure out which ship I'm on. I'm learning that it might not be a Wilhelmsen boat.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
old135
Rep
Drives:

Go to the site for tracking - Wallenius Wilhelmsen Lines http://schedule.2wglobal.com

go to Customer Centre, click on Cargo Tracking. On the right hand side of the page select Auto Cargo, type in your VIN under the Cargo ID and submit. If your car is on the Wilhelmsen Lines, it will give you the ship your car is on and the status. Once you have the ship you can search for the Voyage Details and it will give ou the arrival and departure at each port.

Note, it took a day or two before my car showed up on the site. The dealer sent me an email earlier in the week and it took a day or two before I found it.

Good Luck
Appreciate 0