BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-29-2021, 08:25 AM   #1
DaveyLC
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Android 10.25": Learning CIC Buttons - What am I doing wrong?

I have installed the Android 10.25" head unit in my 2010 E88 which originally had the basic Business headunit (no CIC).

I bought a CIC controller and made up the wiring loom so I could connect it to the 4 pin connector on the new head unit (screen), the buttons seem to be recognised by the original head unit some how but I can't for the life of me get the android unit to learn the buttons.

I'm either being really stupid or this simply won't work

Please see my video:

Last edited by DaveyLC; 01-29-2021 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 06:03 AM   #2
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyLC View Post
I have installed the Android 10.25" head unit in my 2010 E88 which originally had the basic Business headunit (no CIC).

I bought a CIC controller and made up the wiring loom so I could connect it to the 4 pin connector on the new head unit (screen), the buttons seem to be recognised by the original head unit some how but I can't for the life of me get the android unit to learn the buttons.

I'm either being really stupid or this simply won't work

Please see my video:
That controller you have bought is an F-Series, Radio-Professional controller, not a navigation controller.

I wonder why the car does respond at all to anything, as 1st: F-Series normally do have a 500kbit/s speed bus while E-Series do have 100kbit/s, and 2nd: the controller rely on a stay-alive signal of an original F-Series Headunit.
So without an F-Series Radio Professional the controller does not get a signal to wake up and work at all.

Whats the partnumber of this controller ?

Kri
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 08:03 AM   #3
DaveyLC
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
That controller you have bought is an F-Series, Radio-Professional controller, not a navigation controller.

I wonder why the car does respond at all to anything, as 1st: F-Series normally do have a 500kbit/s speed bus while E-Series do have 100kbit/s, and 2nd: the controller rely on a stay-alive signal of an original F-Series Headunit.
So without an F-Series Radio Professional the controller does not get a signal to wake up and work at all.

Whats the partnumber of this controller ?

Kri
Thanks for the reply Kri, the number on the controller is ZE931769502.

I've just ordered the "chinese" one that would have come with the head unit for 40$ so fingers crossed that will work.
Appreciate 0