BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-09-2016, 11:38 PM   #177
cam36
Enlisted Member
11
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: 2012 Wrangler
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Hey everyone,

Based on the attached images, I assume I need to bench flash my DME? what's the process for this?

Thanks!
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 11:06 AM   #178
MHD Tuning
Major
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1621
Rep
1,216
Posts

Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyDC4 View Post
Are you planning on releasing a version that will allow the end users to custom tune their own cars in real time?
that would require a great amount of work. We are evaluating it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam36 View Post
Hey everyone,

Based on the attached images, I assume I need to bench flash my DME? what's the process for this?

Thanks!
Yes it's a 1726.
We are still waiting for the 3 different shops that proposed to test the OBD unlock to get back to us. That will come, we will post here.
Appreciate 3
cam3610.50

      12-14-2016, 07:39 PM   #179
cozmicf
Rik
Australia
16
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: DSB 135i 2011 DCT N55
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

I'm strongly considering getting MHD for my 2011 135i DCT (N55) and have a few general questions, which may or may not have been touched on in other posts but I just want to clarify here:
1. What kind of gains can I expect to see with a stock setup (HP, 0-60/100) - Stage 1, Stage 1+ (if I get a FMIC)?
2. Have there been any reports of reliability issues?
3. When will the beta period finish?
4. What are the logging capabilities like? I tried to find a video of this but couldn't find one
5. Will this flash help with lurching issues in 1st gear on the DCT?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 06:47 AM   #180
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
944
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmicf View Post
I'm strongly considering getting MHD for my 2011 135i DCT (N55) and have a few general questions, which may or may not have been touched on in other posts but I just want to clarify here:
1. What kind of gains can I expect to see with a stock setup (HP, 0-60/100) - Stage 1, Stage 1+ (if I get a FMIC)?
2. Have there been any reports of reliability issues?
3. When will the beta period finish?
4. What are the logging capabilities like? I tried to find a video of this but couldn't find one
5. Will this flash help with lurching issues in 1st gear on the DCT?
Stage 1+ targets a few more PSI of boost than stage 1. So the difference will definitely be felt.

No issues with reliability. Currently working to fix a 36CA code that some people have had pop up. But other than that no issues. OTS maps are conservative at the moment.

No ETA on the finish date. But maps are currently still safe to be used. And the OTS maps are constantly being revised and improved.

Logging is great. Hands down now other N55 logging touches MHD logging.

Yes, the OTS maps will improve all aspect of driving
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 10:33 AM   #181
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
420
Rep
2,278
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmicf View Post
I'm strongly considering getting MHD for my 2011 135i DCT (N55) and have a few general questions, which may or may not have been touched on in other posts but I just want to clarify here:
1. What kind of gains can I expect to see with a stock setup (HP, 0-60/100) - Stage 1, Stage 1+ (if I get a FMIC)?
2. Have there been any reports of reliability issues?
3. When will the beta period finish?
4. What are the logging capabilities like? I tried to find a video of this but couldn't find one
5. Will this flash help with lurching issues in 1st gear on the DCT?
Totally agree with everything Justin says in his post. But one thing I would recommend if you haven't done so already regarding the DCT lurching is get the latest update for the DCT. There are a couple of threads that identify the SIB that you can take to the dealership. If you are not under warranty, you may be able to find someone local that can flash the updated ZB for the DCT.

If you already had the update, MHD may very well resolve the issue as well.
__________________
2011 LMB 135i DCT
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #182
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
944
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Totally agree with everything Justin says in his post. But one thing I would recommend if you haven't done so already regarding the DCT lurching is get the latest update for the DCT. There are a couple of threads that identify the SIB that you can take to the dealership. If you are not under warranty, you may be able to find someone local that can flash the updated ZB for the DCT.

If you already had the update, MHD may very well resolve the issue as well.
Lurching is one other issue that I plan on fixing with the OTS maps. May may it into one of the next releases in the very near future.
Appreciate 2
      12-15-2016, 11:40 AM   #183
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
420
Rep
2,278
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
Lurching is one other issue that I plan on fixing with the OTS maps. May may it into one of the next releases in the very near future.
Awesome. Seriously glad you a here working on the n55.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 12:40 PM   #184
BoosTonian
Lieutenant Colonel
BoosTonian's Avatar
United_States
739
Rep
1,528
Posts

Drives: 2017 INFINITI Q60 RS
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
Lurching is one other issue that I plan on fixing with the OTS maps. May may it into one of the next releases in the very near future.
Justin, you had mentioned that OTS maps are conservative at the moment. Do you plan on making them more aggressive?

If so, what aspects of the maps are you making more aggressive? (more boost, timing, etc?)
__________________
2017 INFINITI Q60 RS - AMS | NITTO | STILLEN

retired: e82 135, F80, e92 M3, e90 M3, (2) e92 335, B8 S4, C209 CLK55 AMG, e46 330
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 01:56 PM   #185
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
944
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Awesome. Seriously glad you a here working on the n55.
happy to be here. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosTonian View Post
Justin, you had mentioned that OTS maps are conservative at the moment. Do you plan on making them more aggressive?

If so, what aspects of the maps are you making more aggressive? (more boost, timing, etc?)
the OTS maps in general will be improved substantially. From how smooth they are to power and etc. Aggressive is a broad term when it comes to tunes generally speaking. As there are many aspects of a tune.

But, as i Find more power, i will will definitely implement it if i deem its safe for all. i've already began some early testing on the stock turbo limits, as well as leveraging valvetronic. Vanos is nothing new.

Like i said in another post. Trust in MHD, we got you!!!
Appreciate 3
      12-16-2016, 03:13 PM   #186
MHD Tuning
Major
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1621
Rep
1,216
Posts

Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmicf View Post
I'm strongly considering getting MHD for my 2011 135i DCT (N55) and have a few general questions, which may or may not have been touched on in other posts but I just want to clarify here:
1. What kind of gains can I expect to see with a stock setup (HP, 0-60/100) - Stage 1, Stage 1+ (if I get a FMIC)?
2. Have there been any reports of reliability issues?
3. When will the beta period finish?
4. What are the logging capabilities like? I tried to find a video of this but couldn't find one
5. Will this flash help with lurching issues in 1st gear on the DCT?
Couple more points to add on what was already mentioned.
The concept of beta is really conservative. The app code is solid since it's sharing 99% of the code with the it's n54 app brother. Once we get the confirmation that people affected by the 36ca torque code no longer get it, we can put change to release state.

As for logging, you can do 30 channels concurrently at 10hz, that may improve later. You can display 2 to 8 gauges while logging. He's the current channels list.

Accel Ped. Pos.
Amb pressure
Battery volt.
Berechnetes Ist-Moment in der Funktionsüberwachung
Boost
Boost target
Coolant
Fuel mode
Gear
IAT
Lambda bank 1
LTFT
MAF
O2 sensor post cat
O2 sensor pre cat
Oil temp
Rail pressure mean
Rail pressure raw
RPM
Soll- Motormoment aus Getriebeüberwachung in der Funktionsüberwachung
Speed
STFT 1
Throttle Pos. Req
Throttle Position
Timing Cyl. 1
Timing Cyl. 2
Timing Cyl. 3
Timing Cyl. 4
Timing Cyl. 5
Timing Cyl. 6
Torque act. clutch
VANOS EX act.
VANOS EX req.
VANOS IN act.
VANOS IN req.
WGDC
Blend factor
Boost mean
Boost over shoot factor
Boost ratio (TPS)
Boost set limit
Boost setpoint factor
Boost setpoint factor (commanded)
Boost target ex
Commanded wgdc base value
Cyl1 Timing Cor
Cyl2 Timing Cor
Cyl3 Timing Cor
Cyl4 Timing Cor
Cyl5 Timing Cor
Cyl6 Timing Cor
Load actual
Load max
Load req.
MAF req.
MAF req. WGDC
Valve lift req. warm
WGDC After PID
WGDC base
WGDC spool
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #187
MHD Tuning
Major
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1621
Rep
1,216
Posts

Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

MHd update v0.65

All maps 0.24: reworked torque limiter for 36CA error, and light throttle mapping changes.
Major revision of the e30 map.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #188
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
The Wind Breezes's Avatar
845
Rep
1,856
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I would really, really like the option to purchase a map pack from you guys so I can make a custom tune for bigger turbo. I would even be willing to pay like $1k if it was comprehensive. Already have WinOLS, the problem is finding and identifying the damn maps from the stock rom!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #189
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
420
Rep
2,278
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
I would really, really like the option to purchase a map pack from you guys so I can make a custom tune for bigger turbo. I would even be willing to pay like $1k if it was comprehensive. Already have WinOLS, the problem is finding and identifying the damn maps from the stock rom!
Cant you just use MHD to generate the stock rom and modify it in tuner pro?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 07:17 PM   #190
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
944
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Cant you just use MHD to generate the stock rom and modify it in tuner pro?

yes
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #191
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
The Wind Breezes's Avatar
845
Rep
1,856
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Cant you just use MHD to generate the stock rom and modify it in tuner pro?
Again, the issue is there are no map packs, so while you can grab your stock rom you have no idea what the tables are (or even where they are without a lot of work manually going in and identifying them, yes there's an autofind feature in OLS but it requires a lot of tweaking and doesn't find that many maps and then you STILL have the issue of having to figure out WTF they are).

And I don't mess with tuner pro, WinOLS is a shitload better.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 10:46 PM   #192
bNks334
Major
bNks334's Avatar
341
Rep
1,016
Posts

Drives: '11 135i (N55)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Again, the issue is there are no map packs, so while you can grab your stock rom you have no idea what the tables are (or even where they are without a lot of work manually going in and identifying them, yes there's an autofind feature in OLS but it requires a lot of tweaking and doesn't find that many maps and then you STILL have the issue of having to figure out WTF they are).

And I don't mess with tuner pro, WinOLS is a shitload better.
The xdf is public for tuner pro use.

You'd have to define them yourself within winols. The xdf can't be imported into winols.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 12:38 AM   #193
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
The Wind Breezes's Avatar
845
Rep
1,856
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
The xdf is public for tuner pro use.

You'd have to define them yourself within winols. The xdf can't be imported into winols.
Oh, so there is a map pack available? That's awesome news!! Does it have everything the devs are modifying including speed limiter?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #194
UR25IO
Captain
UR25IO's Avatar
Australia
82
Rep
947
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SYDNEY AUSTRAILIA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD Tuning View Post
All maps 0.24: reworked torque limiter for 36CA error, and light throttle mapping changes.
Major revision of the e30 map.
May i ask what was the major revision that you guys done with the E30 map.
Eg lowering to boost targets etc

Reason why i ask i have been getting misfire at wot. Thinking it a issue with n55 dct not couping with boosting over 20psi.

Need to understand it before i get PS2 install and not to go over 21psi

I have just updated to 0.24 so far so good
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 05:31 PM   #195
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Leaving this here:
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 05:35 PM   #196
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
944
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR25IO View Post
May i ask what was the major revision that you guys done with the E30 map.
Eg lowering to boost targets etc

Reason why i ask i have been getting misfire at wot. Thinking it a issue with n55 dct not couping with boosting over 20psi.

Need to understand it before i get PS2 install and not to go over 21psi

I have just updated to 0.24 so far so good
There's really no issue running high boost. Just a matter of making sure the fueling is there. And things are done to keep the DCT happy.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #197
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
420
Rep
2,278
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_BMW_PNW View Post
Leaving this here:
Nice! What fuel? You have a log?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #198
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
117
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: 135i 2011
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PNW

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Nice! What fuel? You have a log?
Sadly Ken didnt log the run >.>
Pump with race mix
__________________
2011 135i N55 Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Stage 2 LPFP, N54tuning.com Catless DP, Cobb Drop in, AEM Meth Kit, MHD, BMS OCC, Tuned by WedgePerformance
PI, LSD, and Dif lockdown coming soon
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ecu, jb4, mhd, n55, tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST