BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-21-2020, 09:08 AM   #1
yokomo963
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Yellow “Brake” light after Coding with Protools

Hey everyone,

Last night, I downloaded Protools to finally code out my TPMS and Airbag lights (track wheels don’t have tpms and have sparco seats installed). I was able to successfully code those two lights out.

Then I figured I’d go for a test drive after this and to my surprise the handbrake “brake” light is now yellow and stays on. Protools diagnostics is telling me rear brake sensor in the code reader but... pads are thick still and last time I drove the car (4days ago) there was no yellow “brake” light on the dash. This is the only light on the dash... first picture is the dash light (flash made the brake light look red but it’s actually yellow) and second pic is the outside pad I can see without lifting the car. You can see plenty of pad material

Did something go wrong with the coding or could sensors go bad from these 100+ degree days we been having lately? I plan on pulling the wheel off and inspecting the sensor after work. I’m probably going to jump it but I wanted to rule out coding issues or ask what else it could be.

Thanks,
Eric
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Check your brake fluid level or brake fluid flush service indicator.

Parking brake on or brake pad sensor triggered should be red.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 07:39 AM   #3
yokomo963
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Check your brake fluid level or brake fluid flush service indicator.

Parking brake on or brake pad sensor triggered should be red.
Thanks, I ended up pulling the rear wheel off and the pad sensor had fallen out of the caliper... I ended up just cutting the end off and jumped them. No more light
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 01:16 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokomo963 View Post
Thanks, I ended up pulling the rear wheel off and the pad sensor had fallen out of the caliper... I ended up just cutting the end off and jumped them. No more light
The computer doesn't know if the sensor is in the pad or not so that may have been a coincidence but glad you got it resolved.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #5
yokomo963
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
The computer doesn't know if the sensor is in the pad or not so that may have been a coincidence but glad you got it resolved.
Yup, thank you! While it was dangling it ripped one of the wires going to the sensor so that's what tripped the light.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #6
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokomo963 View Post
Yup, thank you! While it was dangling it ripped one of the wires going to the sensor so that's what tripped the light.
That will do it!
Appreciate 0