BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-02-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
mschwass
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

WTB: Big brake kit to suit E82 135i

Hi guys,

Anyone out there looking to sell a BBK to suit E82 135i?

Open to ideas.

Ideally something front and rear, but not a necessity.

Am in Canberra but happy to pay freight.

Cheers,

Matt
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 05:09 PM   #2
accomotors
Free Spirit Tattoo Racing
Australia
Rep
Drives: 130i

There's a guy in Ngunnawal selling brake bits from a 135i. Not sure exactly what he's got, but I did see rear discs.
If you like I can PM you his number, might be worth asking?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 09:42 PM   #3
bm49
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i manual, 2010 320d

Hi Matt
I have just noticed your WTB and thought it may be worth making contact in case you are still looking for parts as I also live in Canberra.
Until last year I had a log booked E82 135i race car that was also my daily driver. I mainly ran it for around 3 years in the NSW Super TT category. One of the first mods was to replace the factory Brembo 6-piston setup as the pistons fall apart and dust boots melt when subjected to the additional heat generated by competition brake pads. I replaced them with the less sexy but durable single piston sliding calipers used on 335i's and E92 M3's thereby keeping them street legal. On track they were very effective and my car could match or our-brake many cars that were some 500-600kg lighter. The use of standard size but premium rotors (DBA) helped immensely when I needed to change rotors at the end of each season compared to the exorbitant price of overseas manufactured items from BBk's. A big crash at SMP in a wet race destroyed my car but I salvaged most of the modified parts including the brakes, KW Clubsport suspension, twin oil coolers, bolt-in roll cage,8.5" square wheel setup, race seat etc which I will be advertising very soon. Send me a PM if you want to have a chat about some of the issues associated with modifying 135's.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0