BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-11-2020, 09:52 AM   #1
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Coding to disable airbag light

We retrofit a 4 series sport seat into my 2010 135i and got everything working but there is an airbag light. Likely because the seat has an airbag when the 135 seat did not.

Is there a way to code out the airbag error with BimmerCode or even Carly? I have BimmerCode already so that would be preferred.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 09:34 PM   #2
amg6975
Captain
Rep
Drives: '12 M1.5, '05 ZHP, '98 M3/4/5

Using NCS Expert/Dummy it’s very straight forward to code off.
Appreciate 1
darkrom188.00
      08-15-2020, 11:44 PM   #3
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Your 1er seats didn't have airbags? You SURE? Dunno why the car would think the occupancy sensor isn't tripped then.

Sounds like the 4er seats aren't wired in properly.
darkrom188.00
      08-17-2020, 03:49 AM   #4
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Your 1er seats didn't have airbags? You SURE? Dunno why the car would think the occupancy sensor isn't tripped then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post

I don't know now I'm doubting that. The 135i m sport seats have airbags in them?

Everything else works on them so not exactly sure what's going on. I trust my buddy doing the work a lot more than myself when it comes to this stuff. I'll run it by him again and see what he thinks. It's definitely a nice upgrade. Especially the new style headrests.

Maybe it's time to finally figure out coding with a laptop not just the apps.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 07:10 AM   #5
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
I don't know now I'm doubting that. The 135i m sport seats have airbags in them?

Everything else works on them so not exactly sure what's going on. I trust my buddy doing the work a lot more than myself when it comes to this stuff. I'll run it by him again and see what he thinks. It's definitely a nice upgrade. Especially the new style headrests.

Maybe it's time to finally figure out coding with a laptop not just the apps.
Yeah they do.
darkrom188.00
      08-17-2020, 08:58 PM   #6
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg6975 View Post
Using NCS Expert/Dummy it’s very straight forward to code off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg6975 View Post
Using NCS Expert/Dummy it's very straight forward to code off.
Do you know what exactly to code out? I can access the airbag module I'm just trying to code out as minimal as possible. I obviously want all my other airbags to work in the car, but I NEVER have anyone in the back seat of this car, so I don't mind if the seat airbag is disabled assuming that's what it's for, the rear seat.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 09:09 PM   #7
nieves.e82
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
We retrofit a 4 series sport seat into my 2010 135i and got everything working but there is an airbag light. Likely because the seat has an airbag when the 135 seat did not.

Is there a way to code out the airbag error with BimmerCode or even Carly? I have BimmerCode already so that would be preferred.
Just put in bucket seats into my 1er today, and if you have protol you can just disable it. Left side airbag (SIDEBAG_LINKS_1) and right side airbag (SIDEBAG_RECHTS_1).
Appreciate 1
darkrom188.00
      08-18-2020, 10:25 AM   #8
amg6975
Captain
Rep
Drives: '12 M1.5, '05 ZHP, '98 M3/4/5

Quote:
Do you know what exactly to code out? I can access the airbag module I'm just trying to code out as minimal as possible. I obviously want all my other airbags to work in the car, but I NEVER have anyone in the back seat of this car, so I don't mind if the seat airbag is disabled assuming that's what it's for, the rear seat.
There are no rear seat airbags. Just the curtain that extends the whole length of the car. Google how to code fixed back seats, I don't remember exactly but the info is readily available.

EDIT: nieves.e82 has you covered one comment up.
Appreciate 1
darkrom188.00
      08-19-2020, 05:40 AM   #9
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieves.e82 View Post
Quote:

Just put in bucket seats into my 1er today, and if you have protol you can just disable it. Left side airbag (SIDEBAG_LINKS_1) and right side airbag (SIDEBAG_RECHTS_1).
Is it left and right side for each seat? I only did the drivers seat since I was lucky and found it in matching color. Thanks a lot! I'm wondering if I just need to disable left or right or if it's both per seat.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 01:39 PM   #10
nieves.e82
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is it left and right side for each seat? I only did the drivers seat since I was lucky and found it in matching color. Thanks a lot! I'm wondering if I just need to disable left or right or if it's both per seat.
Left side will be disable driver seat air bag, and right side will disable passenger seat airbag.
Appreciate 1
darkrom188.00
      08-19-2020, 01:58 PM   #11
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Left side will be disable driver seat air bag, and right side will disable passenger seat airbag.
That's what I figured but I appreciate the help. I'll try it tonight. I want to keep as many airbags as possible obviously.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 02:12 PM   #12
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

No dice on fixing it. I didn't buy the diagnostics module. Do you think I need to pony up for that and clear the code after disabling the left side airbag? I went in and read the module again after and it is showing as disabled so the coding works. I don't mind supporting the devs, protool is a great app. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right things. Everything else on the seat is working properly which is good.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 02:46 PM   #13
nieves.e82
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No dice on fixing it. I didn't buy the diagnostics module. Do you think I need to pony up for that and clear the code after disabling the left side airbag? I went in and read the module again after and it is showing as disabled so the coding works. I don't mind supporting the devs, protool is a great app. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right things. Everything else on the seat is working properly which is good.
Everything on seat will work, and I just turned my car on and off and my airbag light went off, so I want to say no, but diagnosis module won't hurt in general to have.
Appreciate 1
darkrom188.00
      09-06-2020, 07:03 AM   #14
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

For anyone who stumbles upon this what I eventually did is code the drivers side seat to the oem performance seat in the vehicle order. I used protool to do this. Everything working great now. Highly recommend that method. Passenger side is unaffected and still stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 03:17 PM   #15
Mic413
Rep

Digging up an old one. I just put a non airbag driver's seat in. I tried coding the seat air bag and ten with Protool, sill setting light and dtc. Then tried the vehicle order, no dice. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 09:00 AM   #16
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic413 View Post
Digging up an old one. I just put a non airbag driver's seat in. I tried coding the seat air bag and ten with Protool, sill setting light and dtc. Then tried the vehicle order, no dice. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Seems like a lot of people have issues with protool. Probably not grabbing all the right functions. They vary by car. Go through protool in advance mode so you can see all functions and look for anything airbag related. Google around lots of tutorials for M cars out there and you can use those buzz words to find the relevant functions on your car. takes a little German-->English translating.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 01:14 AM   #17
Dingo222
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Exclamation

Hi friends, need some advise Using NCS Expert/Dummy to code off airbag light caused by faulty sensor at both left and right B pillar X-direction for 2005 X3 E83. I cannot find the parts 65773414264 either new or used in this entire universe

The only option for me now is how to code off airbag light Using NCS Expert/Dummy. Do I select nicht_aktiv just for the b pillar sensor only? Do I need to disconnect the b pillars sensor to code off the airbag light? I jump start the car wrongly at the battery and that could have trigger the airbag light.... other than that the car drive ok. Appreciate any advise given and thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 02:20 AM   #18
Adithompson1984
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 E83 2004 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo222 View Post
Hi friends, need some advise Using NCS Expert/Dummy to code off airbag light caused by faulty sensor at both left and right B pillar X-direction for 2005 X3 E83. I cannot find the parts 65773414264 either new or used in this entire universe

The only option for me now is how to code off airbag light Using NCS Expert/Dummy. Do I select nicht_aktiv just for the b pillar sensor only? Do I need to disconnect the b pillars sensor to code off the airbag light? I jump start the car wrongly at the battery and that could have trigger the airbag light.... other than that the car drive ok. Appreciate any advise given and thank you.

Did you have any luck with fixing this issue? I require the same part number to fix a faulty sensor the Airbag light is off and on intermittently and so can't pass an MOT!!!
Appreciate 0