E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 325i E90 Delivery taken - Loads of details inside!

07-11-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
itznin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

325i E90 Delivery taken - Loads of details inside!

Finally the day came…….. delivery taken 7/9/05 at Richmond BMW (Richmond, VA)

The details of my ride can be found in my signature so I won’t waste any space on it as this post is going to be a bit lengthy as I want to share as much information with you guys a possible.

The details of my “first impression period” with the car was quite the amount of driving as I had to take the car home (from VA to NJ) so I really had some time with the car (about 500 miles driven over the weekend).

I won’t bore you with how much I love the car etc, I just will comment on the hot topics being discussed here recently that were very helpful to me. Basically, all of the experiences, etc that you guys have gone through I looked for and tested when I got the car. So here goes:

Bluetooth – Motorola V710 (Verizon) sync was successful and setup in less than 2 minutes. I already had the latest software on the phone (thanks to you guys of course). Phone sync, address book transfer, voice commands working – overall perfect working condition.

IPOD integration via AUX input

My setup: Monster Cable iAirPlay Charger, Griffin AirClick Remote Control, Male-Male radio shack aux plug.

The problem with my setup is the Monster Cable iAirPlay charger doesn’t fit in the armrest. Since it has the airplane connector and the car connector, it’s double the size as a regular car charger, therefore making it a little too big and the armrest doesn’t close. For my trip I just used the regular cigarette adapter but I am going sell this iAirPlay on ebay and pick up the regular car adapter. Overall the sound quality (with the IPOD volume all the way up) was very good. All of my Mp3s are encoded at 192khz and they sounded exceptional. The AirClick remote worked flawless and is highly recommended.

Sirius Satellite Radio – Sound quality was very good, I don’t see why everyone was complaining about the sound quality. You can tell it’s not CD quality but I mean it doesn’t sound cloudy or faded at all. My signal varied as I went through many states (VA to NJ) and the quality of the sound stayed consistent the whole time. I don’t regret the Sirius install and would actually recommend to all ordering an E90. (Don’t forget as discussed in other posts you get credit for one year subscription for free, so your balance if you get the “never pay another bill plan” is only about $380. Roughly 29 months of service and you never have to pay again, you can’t beat that)

Voice Commands – Worked well, you have to learn how to say certain names from your phone book in order for the IDrive to understand you. For example if I want to call “Alex”, I have to say “Call A-lex” and emphasize the A. I used the voice command to control the Navigation and of course the cell phone, both worked without a problem, no complaints.

Transmission delay from stop – I do feel the transmission delay as discussed in other threads. I believe the delay has gotten better after a few hundred miles on the car. It was more noticeable in the first 100-200 miles. Has anyone else seen improvement with this issue over time?

Car riding very rough – As discussed in another thread (can’t find link at the time). My car was riding very rough and I remembered the information from another thread stating to check the tire pressure. Unfortunatly I didn’t have my gauge with me when I was on the road so the VA to NJ trip was pretty bumpy and I wasn’t too thrilled with the ride. When I got home the fronts had about 38 PSI (should be 29) and the backs had about 39 PSI (should be 32). After adjusting the tire pressure the car drove like I expected it to drive, basically like driving a different car! MUCH IMPROVED. Another thank you is owed to the forum for the info on this.

Break-In Period – I was easy on her and tried to vary the RPM’s as much as possible although it was difficult as I was on the highway most of the time. I shifted between 5th and 6th gear just to vary the RPM’s while on the highway. I also kept her under 4k RPM all but one time (hit about 4.5k).

I hope this information is helpful; overall I love the car and wouldn’t trade it for anything. Sorry no pics yet but by next week I’ll have PLENTY for you guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #2
Spaceman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Great review! Thanks for the post. I will also look into my tire pressure to make sure its on the right PSI. Tranny hesitation after 1250miles is not that bad anymore, not sure if the car adapted to me or me to the car. Either way, I am happy.
      07-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #3
res_ipsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i SparkGraphite

Hey first off congrats on your taking delivery! Thanks for the in-depth writeup, I've already got my car but still nice to hear people's reactions to their own Good to hear sirius isn't so bad.. i'm thinking of having it retrofitted.

This is good advice for every owner.. buy yourself tire pressure measurer and keep it in the car. Tire pressure can affect handling and ride quality a lot!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2005, 06:07 PM   #4
m3nxt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2001 325Ci

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking...

(A) What made you decide to work with Richmond BMW rather than a dealer closer to home?...and (B) What was your impression of the overall buying experience at Richmond BMW? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2005, 06:53 PM   #5
RachelS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I thought tire pressure was 35 front 38 rear
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
jbl16
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP DCT

:mad: Pics or ban!!
      07-11-2005, 09:23 PM   #7
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

My advice about Sirius is to try to listen to it yourself, if you can. Perception of audio quality is a very personal thing. We see the same kind of disagreement on the boards when discussing the quality of the E90 audio systems without Sirius. Some people say the stock audio system is great, some say it terrible. Ditto for Logic 7.

My disappointment in quality is still there, but the programming is unparalleled and country-wide coverage is a great advantage. I am happy I have it for the latter reasons.
      07-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #8
itznin
Captain
Rep

nooooooooooooo bannnnnnnnn

Pics will be up on the weekend!

The reason I went to Richmond is because my company owns that dealership (they are the closest dealership to NJ, that we own)

I got a decent deal ($1000 over invoice), could have done close to the same deal here but figured it would be fun to fly down to VA and drive the E90 back.

Also it was my anniversary with the wifey so we spent the weekend in DC.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2005, 09:36 AM   #9
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by itznin
Car riding very rough – When I got home the fronts had about 38 PSI (should be 29) and the backs had about 39 PSI (should be 32).
Remember, those values are for COLD tire pressure, not after driving from VA to NJ. Even driving to the corner gas station is enough to increase your tire pressure a few PSI.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #10
itznin
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede
Remember, those values are for COLD tire pressure, not after driving from VA to NJ. Even driving to the corner gas station is enough to increase your tire pressure a few PSI.
Thanks for the heads up, the car was sitting a while but probably not enough for it to be "COLD" so I imagine I might be under the PSI standard right now.

Will check immediately, thanks again for that info!
Appreciate 0