BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

My BSM black 1M

A little drift Teaser of my 1M.

There is more to come later on for sure.

The car is insane and in sport mode you can balance the car with throttle. Only the wide michelin have to much grip to do that.

On this movie i have the 18 inch winter wheels with toyo tires in the size 235/40/18 it s the perfect setup for drifting the car. Massive fun.

I never thought i could enjoy the turbo so much. You can hear in the drift how fast the engine response is. More to come. I did not have time yet to make something special. But for now you have to do with this movie.

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
Whteverjklasdf
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

how would you compare it to your GT3 in terms of handling?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Advevo
Banned
Rep

GT3 is off course an increadable car. For trackdays a perfect tool. The maintenance is very expensive the car eats brakediscs for breakfast when used on track. Porsche parts prices are about 4 times more expensive then bmw prices. If you damage the car and you need to repair it it costs easily a new 1M coupe.

The 1M is the car you get in daily and enjoy more often. The 1M is the car you throw so lovely sideways and brings a smile on youre face. You can enjoy a car like the 1M more because you use it more. When driving the GT3 everybody is looking at you i am fed up with that. My 1M is black i want less attention. I just want to enjoy driving. With a GT3 its impossible.

A Gt3 is a car you need as second or third car.

I think i gonna build me a trackday car out of a 1M and sell the GT3 in a few months.I have used it 1.5 year and if i can sell it for a good price it s gone. I must say it was a real adventure with a GT3 and have no regrets whatsoever. But a GT3 has lots of cons on the road. On track it has lots of pros.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
Whteverjklasdf
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
When driving the GT3 everybody is looking at you i am fed up with that.
you're a good man.

i think it's important to be able to enjoy a car with a care-free mentality. I mean, unless one is rich to the point where wrecking a GT3 bears little financial consequence, he can't truly enjoy the car, at least not away from the track with so much runoff areas as safety margin.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
GT3 is off course an increadable car. For trackdays a perfect tool. The maintenance is very expensive the car eats brakediscs for breakfast when used on track. Porsche parts prices are about 4 times more expensive then bmw prices. If you damage the car and you need to repair it it costs easily a new 1M coupe.

The 1M is the car you get in daily and enjoy more often. The 1M is the car you throw so lovely sideways and brings a smile on youre face. You can enjoy a car like the 1M more because you use it more. When driving the GT3 everybody is looking at you i am fed up with that. My 1M is black i want less attention. I just want to enjoy driving. With a GT3 its impossible.

A Gt3 is a car you need as second or third car.

I think i gonna build me a trackday car out of a 1M and sell the GT3 in a few months.I have used it 1.5 year and if i can sell it for a good price it s gone. I must say it was a real adventure with a GT3 and have no regrets whatsoever. But a GT3 has lots of cons on the road. On track it has lots of pros.
Great insight. And some good drifts
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 02:49 AM   #6
Advevo
Banned
Rep

When driving in the dark also the grey accents in the speedo are a great gimmick. Very nice.

I have the manual seats they are much better then the electric versions. You can sit a little lower. When you are a bit tall never go for elec versions.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 03:10 AM   #7
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

more more more more more
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #8
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M COUPE

Quote:
When driving in the dark also the grey accents in the speedo are a great gimmick. Very nice.

I have the manual seats they are much better then the electric versions. You can sit a little lower. When you are a bit tall never go for elec versions.
just what i needed to hear..im 6'3 and opted for the manual seats because of my height...many thanks for the video
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 05:15 AM   #9
vito747
Private
Rep
Drives: 1 coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardio View Post
Quote:

just what i needed to hear..im 6'3 and opted for the manual seats because of my height...many thanks for the video

How much lower are the manual seats?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 05:32 AM   #10
Advevo
Banned
Rep

Don t know

But i have driven 1M one with elec seat and my own car has manual seats.

With the elec seat you have the feeling you sit above the seat (to high) and with manual seats you sit lower and more into the seat. The difference is there.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 05:52 AM   #11
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List
Quote:
Don t know

But i have driven 1M one with elec seat and my own car has manual seats.

With the elec seat you have the feeling you sit above the seat (to high) and with manual seats you sit lower and more into the seat. The difference is there.

cool, seems to be another advantage in addition to the manual seats probably being a little lighter i guess? - i ordered manual anyway

nice video, interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #12
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

I swear my previous 135i manual seats sat lower than my 1M manual seats. The right thigh bolster lined up with the middle trim piece near the hand brake (see pic) when at it's lowest adjustment point yet the 1M seats don't line up as well and they sit slightly above the middle trim piece.

Appreciate 0