BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #155
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

@ the test driver and/or his camera friend:

Dear folks,

As we know by now, you recently got the chance to test drive, c.q. street race, the 1M and you definitely seemed to like it. So it is the right time to purchase the one you are now familiar with: the 1M you drove. No need to call around numerous dealerships in vain, unlike lots of car enthusiasts clamoring to get hold of the 1M. No need to order and wait anxiously for one. The one you drove is available as we speak.

Only issue still to tackle is the price: how much over MSRP? Tell your dealership that $40K over sticker is a bit over the top. $35K over sticker should be an acceptable deal for you.

Get an insurance for road assistance. Good value: return on investment sooner than you might expect.

Early engine replacement should not be a major concern for you: true, materials are expensive and fully at your expense due to your highly demanding driving skills (void warranty), but for sure the dealership you are working for (c.q. used to work for) can make you a good price for the labor costs.

Enjoy your 1M!

P.S.: if you are looking for an interesting read: try the 1M manual.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #156
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep
Drives: the ladies crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Okee Dokee... thanks my friend !
iirc, it also comes packaged with a codec to allow you to play all its formats in windows media player if you don't want a new media player.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #157
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

1. I personally apologize if anyone was somehow offended even though I specifically stated it was not that sort of accusation and simply to gain accuracy to make sure and get the right person. I guess ethnicity is a sensitive topic for you. Sorry I'll never bring it up again.
2. AWESOME that we got so much information! How'd the name Nick come up? and Is he still employed?

Last edited by DooBs; 08-17-2011 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #158
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooBs View Post
1. I personally apologize if anyone was somehow offended even though I specifically stated it was not that sort of accusation and simply to gain accuracy to make sure and get the right person. I guess ethnicity is a sensitive topic for you. Sorry I'll never bring it up again.
2. AWESOME that we got so much information! How'd the name Nick come up? and Is he still employed?
Well done! and we move on..

and +1 on the "Nick" where did that come from...

also the VLC media player works for those that cant get it to work with what they have... It even loaded thru my firewall.. No IT permission needed..
      08-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #159
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

Quote:
Well done! and we move on..

and +1 on the "Nick" where did that come from...

also the VLC media player works for those that cant get it to work with what they have... It even loaded thru my firewall.. No IT permission needed..
I got the player downloaded but the video itself is just like 1 second long that I downloaded from the first post not sure what I'm doing worng here.

Just shows the guy outside the car saying "this is the 1m"
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #160
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post

update: the car is back in service. as of now they aren't selling it until they make sure everything is correct on the car (he wouldn't even take money until he talked with his manager). he heard about the incident; they all did, and i believe that it is being handled (he obviously couldn't give me exact details; ie "is the douche fired"?). i also don't believe that they're going to try to mark the car up $40,000 anymore either, but he's calling me back to let me know. this is obviously a very big deal for them though. guess i'll find out more when i get a callback.

now i'll flip this story a little bit. sure...it's absolutely horrible. the dill-hole drove SOMEONE ELSES car like a racecar up and down public streets. that is....how do i say....a little....dickish. But the car is a car, and it's meant to be driven. And some people may not even care (believe it or not). Example: i went to a Subaru event in SC at CMP motorpark and they had a BRAND NEW 2011 STi racing around the track with a semi-pro driver tearing it up for anyone who wanted a ride. Fun fact: the car was already SOLD to someone in the charlotte, nc area. HE KNEW that it was going to be put through this. BEST PART: he STILL bought it for FULL MSRP. yup. would i buy the car like that? nope. most of you? probably not...but there are people out there that would.

oh well...

That's awesome you called them up but I am suspicious of their story. I am sure they did ABSOLUTELY, nothing, no checks, not even a wash to the car. Why would they. The car is fine. An unsuspecting buyer will never be able to tell the difference just by driving the car.

The crux of the story is disclosure. If Pacific BMW informs potential buyers of the incident most of the folks here won't be as up-in-arms about it. Just like few guys won't mind their fiance doing a 50 men gb right before marriage as long as she was honest about it
      08-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #161
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
I got the player downloaded but the video itself is just like 1 second long that I downloaded from the first post not sure what I'm doing worng here.

Dude, i wouldn't even know wher to begin to try to help...

I just loaded the player, clicked on the little orange cone, it loaded / opened, i added the video that i had saved to my desk top, clicked play, and off it went..... Im pretty technically savy, but i have issues with some stuff like this
      08-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #162
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:

I am sure you click on the wrong link from filedropper site. Doesn't seem like the video was downloaded.
      08-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #163
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
The crux of the story is disclosure. If Pacific BMW informs potential buyers of the incident most of the folks here won't be as up-in-arms about it. Just like few guys won't mind their fiance doing a 50 men gb right before marriage as long as she was honest about it
And if Pacific BMW doesn't, it's our duty as good denizens of 1Addicts to make sure any buyer of that car knows exactly what has been done to it. Hell, posting the VIN number should have Google linking to this thread as the first hit.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #164
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I am sure you click on the wrong link from filedropper site. Doesn't seem like the video was downloaded.
I don't know, I click filedropper to download the file and it says its done in like a fraction of a second and only like 305 KB. Something is messed up. I am spending way too much time on trying to see this video.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #165
josephvman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M Valencia Orange

Quote:
Your point holds merit and is well taken, but there is the underlying reality of what occured here.. True that probably nothing is wrong with this car......This time..... but like i said its the underlying fact that this dealer has persons in there employ that are disrepecting private property, and potentially creating damage and or leagal issues if god forbid a baby carriage was being pushed acrross the intersection when their employee decided to see what the rev limiter sounded like in someone elses car.. Maybe even yours one day. you get my point I hope..

and as far as your Nordschleife comment im with you 100% I was at lime rock in false grid with 1001 miles showing on the clock..BUT that was our choice, wasnt it ... we new the risks.. ( and enjoyed every minute of it )

I guess its like finding out that you and your buddy ended up being "tunnel buddies" with the girl next door... Its just not the same..

or

you went to your favorite diner for a double cheese burger... only to find out that the duch bag in the kitchen decided it was ok to add some "special sauce" to your burger...

one has the right to know or decide to make a choice!!
We're in total agreement. The fact that it didn't hurt the car doesn't mean that the two douchewanks don't need to lose their jobs, because both should be unemployed by now. What is it with idiots today? There have always been idots, but somehow today they feel the need to videotape themselves being idots and sharing it with the world.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #166
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep

Quote:
I don't know, I click filedropper to download the file and it says its done in like a fraction of a second and only like 305 KB. Something is messed up. I am spending way too much time on trying to see this video.
you're not missing much... just some douche dealer employee redlining a new 1m a few times, chirping tires etc. through residential streets. the video does need to find its way back to youtube, though, as apparently this format is nowhere near as accessible.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #167
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
If I wasn't at work it would be posted already.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #168
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtailpipes View Post
you're not missing much... just some douche dealer employee redlining a new 1m a few times, chirping tires etc. through residential streets. the video does need to find its way back to youtube, though, as apparently this format is nowhere near as accessible.
im at work. but use this link to convert: http://www.flvtomp4.net/ then post back up on youtube. done.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #169
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephvman View Post
What is it with idiots today? There have always been idots, but somehow today they feel the need to videotape themselves being idots and sharing it with the world.
youtube cockblocks idiots' 5th amendment rights protecting against self-incrimination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
If I wasn't at work it would be posted already.
that's reassuring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
im at work. but use this link to convert: http://www.flvtomp4.net/ then post back up on youtube. done.
i too am at work.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #170
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Anyone looking for "exciting" opportunities, or perhaps a sign-on bonus?

http://www.pacificbmw.com/employment/index.htm
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #171
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

http://jalopnik.com/5831766/how-a-bm...car-dealership
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #172
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
BOOM!

video included
http://jalopnik.com/5831766/how-a-bm...car-dealership
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #173
Franklin Joseph
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

holy moly....WOW...awesome!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #174
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep

nice. we made it to jalopnik... i'd call this mission accomplished
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #175
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Now if they will only crosslink it to Gizmodo, it will really explode.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #176
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Now someone email the link back to the GM at the dealership!
Appreciate 0