BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #45
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Thx, all! Was very helpful. Got this one: http://caseattle.com/2012-BMW-135i-C...-98109/6136806

Very fun! And definitely feel more "connected" to the road than my 335i (and it feels pretty good). Also, initial impression is that DCT is awesome.

Only thing I can't figure out so far is how to get bluetooth music to work with my phone...
Congrats on the new purchase. The 135i will be a lot of fun to push around the track. With a good suspension setup the car should have good stability for track day use. I think it may be a bit more forgiving than the Porsche as long as you don't get too happy with the gas pedal.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 07:02 PM   #46
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
Congrats on the new purchase. The 135i will be a lot of fun to push around the track. With a good suspension setup the car should have good stability for track day use. I think it may be a bit more forgiving than the Porsche as long as you don't get too happy with the gas pedal.
Thx!

I am looking forward to it. I am new to this, so I don't expect I will reach any car limits for a while. When I do, then I'll upgrade. I like the advice I have received thus far; Safety first, reliability second. Everything else is after that.

The only things I intend to do before my first HPDE in June is replace the brake fluid with Motul RBF600 and find a decent helmet that doesn't break the bank. Figure with M-Sport options I'll be OK with the stock FMIC, oil cooler, and radiator here in the PNW. I am interested in the brake spacers (I've read some posts on brake overheating and want to see what I can do to avoid that!) and new pads to improve braking as a next step.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #47
AndyW
United_States
Rep

So, doing some research today...wrt the subframe bushing upgrade, M3 swap or powerflex performance? Keeping in mind this won't be a dedicated track car. Thx!

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #48
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
I also build custom tunes too, they perform pretty damn well. Email me at spx.tuning@gmail.com
Thx, but I am already on team WedgePerformance .

Quote:
Cool...guess I was hoping it would have been "baked in"...

What is your custom ATF cooler setup, if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry team wedge.... Lol jk.... My tunes are free which is cool

It's a 10 row core with an8 fittings. Just split the return line from the heat exchanger
      04-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #49
spxxx
Boost
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
Thx!

I am looking forward to it. I am new to this, so I don't expect I will reach any car limits for a while. When I do, then I'll upgrade. I like the advice I have received thus far; Safety first, reliability second. Everything else is after that.

The only things I intend to do before my first HPDE in June is replace the brake fluid with Motul RBF600 and find a decent helmet that doesn't break the bank. Figure with M-Sport options I'll be OK with the stock FMIC, oil cooler, and radiator here in the PNW. I am interested in the brake spacers (I've read some posts on brake overheating and want to see what I can do to avoid that!) and new pads to improve braking as a next step.
You will hit your driving limits very fast even stock haha the torque coming out of turns is fun.

You'll want a tune that eases into the timing as to limit wheel spin powering out of turns.
      04-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #50
houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Sorry team wedge.... Lol jk.... My tunes are free which is cool

It's a 10 row core with an8 fittings. Just split the return line from the heat exchanger
I've probably asked you this already, but any install pictures of the trans cooler? How do you splice into the stock return line. Is there a fitting you can use after cutting the line?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #51
houtan
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
So, doing some research today...wrt the subframe bushing upgrade, M3 swap or powerflex performance? Keeping in mind this won't be a dedicated track car. Thx!
The install using the two piece white line replacement bushings is waaaaaaaaay easier. Performance wise should be the same as m3. I've had mine installed for a couple of years, zero issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 11:07 PM   #52
AndyW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
The install using the two piece white line replacement bushings is waaaaaaaaay easier. Performance wise should be the same as m3. I've had mine installed for a couple of years, zero issues.
Are you talking about the inserts? I can't find actual two piece whiteline rear subframe bushings (or I am googling wrong...).

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 12:50 AM   #53
houtan
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Are you talking about the inserts? I can't find actual two piece whiteline rear subframe bushings (or I am googling wrong...).
No, not the inserts.

http://topgearsolutions.com/whiteline-rear-sub-frame-rear-cross-member-f-r-bushings-kdt917-bmw-e90-e92-e82-free-shipping/

Search around for that.
Appreciate 1
AndyW650.00
      04-12-2017, 01:07 AM   #54
AndyW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, not the inserts.

http://topgearsolutions.com/whitelin...free-shipping/

Search around for that.
Ah...thx. Not sure what was going on...couldn't easily find them on the whiteline site either. Now that I have the part # it's even on Amazon!

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #55
spxxx
Boost
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No, not the inserts.

http://topgearsolutions.com/whitelin...free-shipping/

Search around for that.
Ah...thx. Not sure what was going on...couldn't easily find them on the whiteline site either. Now that I have the part # it's even on Amazon!
Do the full bushing... Before my car turned into mostly track oriented I went with inserts and regret it