BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-30-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Need some input on daily and spirited driving

I've been driving stick for a good amount of time (15) years. All of my cars have been manual in the past and I will never ever buy a car without a manual transmission. I've noticed the past 2 years that I've been driving very sloppy since my new clutch and flywheel install, and just recently it's getting really bad. Clutch is the BMW 545i (F10) clutch with the Ebay dual mass flywheel. Car makes a ton of noise at idle and I'm aware it is normal. I do have a modified CDV valve and the clutch fluid was bled when the modifided CDV was put in 2 years ago.

Transmission bushings are the E46 M3 and they do help along with D6 ATF tranny fluid by Redline. Another stipulation that I am encountering when driving is shifting. When I shift normal during daily driving I notice that my shifts feel much much better when I push in the clutch all the way down with good force. If I'm on the phone or I'm just driving normal and I don't push down the clutch pedal all the way down with good force the shifts feel knotchy and not right.

I'll be adding a video to show you guys either today or tomorrow on how I drive normally and in "spirited" fashion. Please give me any input on what I should fix in my driving routine. Thank you

Last edited by SixBanger; 06-02-2017 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: Added Video
Appreciate 0