BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read




 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
10M3
Private
24
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Philly

iTrader: (-1)

My 1M Value

Hey guys,

I am considering selling my 1M in order to jump into a different car.

What do you think this car is worth and should the mods stay or revert to stock before the sale?

2011 BMW 1M - Valencia Orange - 3,500 Miles

SunTek PPF on Entire Car
Brand new Micheline 4S Tires + New TPMS
Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust (from the mid pipe)
Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills
Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel with Alcantara and Orange Accents

The car is in 10/10 condition. Always garaged and taken care of with the best products.

Thanks!

Last edited by 10M3; 09-03-2018 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2018, 11:19 AM   #2
Thunderguts
First Lieutenant
201
Rep
319
Posts

Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Definitely revert to stock.

The market is all over the place, with some optimistic souls wanting $120k. I've also seen Carmax sell a few in the 50-55K range. The only way to be sure is to throw it up on BaT and see what you get.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-1m-28/

Last edited by Thunderguts; 08-29-2018 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2018, 12:40 PM   #3
10"
Major
10"'s Avatar
2009
Rep
1,259
Posts

Drives: orange BMW 1M.
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Brooklyn

iTrader: (0)

Stock will get you more money. A shame you never even drove it...hopefully the next owner will drive the hell out of it!

Current market price of these cars with so few miles would be, in STOCK condition: at least $65-75k.

The days of car max selling these for $50k are long gone, Thunderguts! Was like that about 2-3 years ago...that was the low point of the 1M market been on the up ever since...
__________________
don't read this. too late...
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2018, 01:26 PM   #4
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
441
Rep
2,415
Posts

Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Stock will get you more money. A shame you never even drove it...hopefully the next owner will drive the hell out of it!

Current market price of these cars with so few miles would be, in STOCK condition: at least $65-75k.

The days of car max selling these for $50k are long gone, Thunderguts! Was like that about 2-3 years ago...that was the low point of the 1M market been on the up ever since...

I wouldn't say that. For comparison, here's a 1M with a little over 35k miles that recently sold on Bring-a-Trailer:


https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-1m-30/
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 01:57 PM   #5
etr2016
Second Lieutenant
United_States
64
Rep
245
Posts

Drives: 1M - Black
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Scottsdale,AZ

iTrader: (0)

The modified ones always sell for less. For the sake of my personal purchase, where the vehicle was an investment and for fun, I wouldn't consider a modified one. In the case of this sale, the owner didn't even know if the car had a tune prior to their ownership...which is probably not going to fly with the typical 1M buyer, hence the 48k price.
__________________
2011 - 1M - Black
2019 - VW Golf R - Black - Manual
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #6
Win
Private First Class
Win's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10M3 View Post
Hey guys,

I am considering selling my 1M in order to jump into a different car.

What do you think this car is worth and should the mods stay or revert to stock before the sale?

2011 BMW 1M - Valencia Orange - 3,500 Miles

SunTek PPF on Entire Car
Brand new Micheline 4S Tires + New TPMS
Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust (from the mid pipe)
Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills
Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel with Alcantara and Orange Accents

The car is in 10/10 condition. Always garaged and taken care of with the best products.

The photos are huge, so I here's the link to all of them:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/skn0bnbxf...1Z8M0ubTa?dl=0

Thanks!
Single owner. 4K miles. August 6th. $72.5 +fees

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-1m-28/
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 02:11 PM   #7
10M3
Private
24
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Philly

iTrader: (-1)

Very good info... Thanks guys!

How does Bring A Trailer work? Anyone have experience?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 02:13 PM   #8
Tornado1M
Lieutenant
Tornado1M's Avatar
United_States
361
Rep
458
Posts

Drives: 1M, X5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr2016 View Post
The modified ones always sell for less. For the sake of my personal purchase, where the vehicle was an investment and for fun, I wouldn't consider a modified one. In the case of this sale, the owner didn't even know if the car had a tune prior to their ownership...which is probably not going to fly with the typical 1M buyer, hence the 48k price.
Agreed!

Plus there some questions and discrepancies with the mileage...CarFax did not sync with actual car.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 02:16 PM   #9
Tornado1M
Lieutenant
Tornado1M's Avatar
United_States
361
Rep
458
Posts

Drives: 1M, X5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Depending on timing I believe you would be in the 70-75k range assuming you revert everything back to stock.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 02:34 PM   #10
Thunderguts
First Lieutenant
201
Rep
319
Posts

Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
The days of car max selling these for $50k are long gone, Thunderguts! Was like that about 2-3 years ago...that was the low point of the 1M market been on the up ever since...
I'm a surprisingly strong defender of Carmax in certain circumstances. On basic cars, no way. Carmax charges about 15% more than market value on basic vehicles. Hell, with dealer discounts I could buy some new cars cheaper than their Carmax counterparts with 2 years and 15k miles.

Their pricing model fails with collectible cars, however. I purchased a 2009 Bullitt Mustang from them with 4,200 miles for 5k less than private sale prices at that time. They've listed several Civic Type Rs with 2000 miles for $39k when private sale prices are nearer $44k. I've only seen one 1M for sale on Carmax this year, but the price was very reasonable as I recall.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 02:45 PM   #11
dkat
Private
86
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2000 BMW Z8 & 2011 1M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Go to BaT website. All the info is there. From what I have witnessed, best results are had by seller that provides timely responses to questions asked and there is no discrepancies between what is auctioned and it's description.
Also, you can not have too many photos. Hire a professional photographer for best results.
Or call EAG. (Enthusiast Auto Group) They are always looking for low mile 1M's
Appreciate 2
10"2008.50

      08-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #12
10"
Major
10"'s Avatar
2009
Rep
1,259
Posts

Drives: orange BMW 1M.
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Brooklyn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Stock will get you more money. A shame you never even drove it...hopefully the next owner will drive the hell out of it!

Current market price of these cars with so few miles would be, in STOCK condition: at least $65-75k.

The days of car max selling these for $50k are long gone, Thunderguts! Was like that about 2-3 years ago...that was the low point of the 1M market been on the up ever since...

I wouldn't say that. For comparison, here's a 1M with a little over 35k miles that recently sold on Bring-a-Trailer:


https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-1m-30/
The car is an exception. It had mismatched odometer readings, unknown status of modifications. Check the history of BAT sales and this was not the "usual" for a US-based 1M for sale. The odometer issues are significant if true...hard to clarify if not well documented.
__________________
don't read this. too late...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 08:58 PM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Lieutenant General
M3 Adjuster's Avatar
Albania
7938
Rep
11,685
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
The car is an exception. It had mismatched odometer readings, unknown status of modifications. Check the history of BAT sales and this was not the "usual" for a US-based 1M for sale. The odometer issues are significant if true...hard to clarify if not well documented.
and still sold for $48K.... not bad.
__________________
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter Ex-president (retired 2017) , Chief Driving Instructor - LIFETIME Member # 119366
If you don't STAND for something.. you'll FALL for anything
Past: 1991 BMW E30 M3 street car ; 1988 BMW E30 M3 track car -
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:31 PM   #14
Tornado1M
Lieutenant
Tornado1M's Avatar
United_States
361
Rep
458
Posts

Drives: 1M, X5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

So, EAG is selling a 1M VO with less than 4K miles for $82K.......seems high in my opinion which is probably why it's been sitting for so long with there other overpriced cars
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:54 PM   #15
etr2016
Second Lieutenant
United_States
64
Rep
245
Posts

Drives: 1M - Black
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Scottsdale,AZ

iTrader: (0)

EAG is going to be on a Smoking Tire podcast....man, I hope they ask about their profit margins!
__________________
2011 - 1M - Black
2019 - VW Golf R - Black - Manual
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 07:07 AM   #16
rad doc
Lieutenant
205
Rep
500
Posts

Drives: 1M AW loaded
Join Date: May 2011
Location: texas

iTrader: (0)

Here is a tough one for you: whats my 1m worth? Original owner, 85k miles! Also has a ding on carfax from a 2 mph parking lot. Annoying but have repairs for less than 2k just bumper cover basically. Mods all reversible. Midpipe, custom orange belts, black wheels, bms catch can, short shift kit, black fender/kidney trim. High miles but complete maintenance from including preventative things like water pump, intake blasting, etc. I was thinking 40-45k if I ever sold.
Appreciate 1
10"2008.50

      08-30-2018, 07:15 AM   #17
canadianbimmerlover
Private
48
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: 1M x 2, X6 M, Z4 M, Z4 Dinan
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Edmonton, Canada

iTrader: (0)

A stock car might get you $70K USD. They are retailing for a above $75K for a near perfect stock car with less than 5K miles. The last stock VO car on BaT with under 5K brought in just over $72K.

I might suggest you keep the car and store it. The prices for these cars are really starting to climb. We might see 90-100K for a really nice low mile example in 5-7 years.

If you are going to sell it, bring it back as close to stock as possible.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 08:00 AM   #18
MMM PWR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
79
Rep
287
Posts

Drives: 1M and E46 ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

Beauty car. I want your steering wheel. If I was in the market I would pay more for yours with the steering wheel and akra exhaust - great adds. Revert the front grill to stock
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 08:22 AM   #19
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
FIRSTM's Avatar
United_States
110
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FLORIDA

iTrader: (0)

I'm not sure about storing it and sell later idea, If you take care of it properly and maintaining it while enjoying all those years driving, those few thousands $$$ difference that you lost for driving it is really meh...
As for op, put back to stock, sell your parts, and have all maintenance records, you will make more for selling as stock car and aftermarket parts separate.
Appreciate 2
10"2008.50
Tornado1M360.50

      08-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #20
Thunderguts
First Lieutenant
201
Rep
319
Posts

Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbimmerlover View Post
I might suggest you keep the car and store it. The prices for these cars are really starting to climb. We might see 90-100K for a really nice low mile example in 5-7 years.
I think this quote was attributed to Jim Glickenhaus...

That's like never having sex with your wife/girlfriend so she'll be perfect for the next guy.

For the love of all that's holy, drive your car and enjoy it. You basically have a hall pass. As long as you maintain it and don't crash, your car will always be worth more than you paid. That's incredibly rare.
Appreciate 3
10"2008.50

      08-30-2018, 09:51 AM   #21
10"
Major
10"'s Avatar
2009
Rep
1,259
Posts

Drives: orange BMW 1M.
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Brooklyn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbimmerlover View Post
I might suggest you keep the car and store it. The prices for these cars are really starting to climb. We might see 90-100K for a really nice low mile example in 5-7 years.
I think this quote was attributed to Jim Glickenhaus...

That's like never having sex with your wife/girlfriend so she'll be perfect for the next guy.

For the love of all that's holy, drive your car and enjoy it. You basically have a hall pass. As long as you maintain it and don't crash, your car will always be worth more than you paid. That's incredibly rare.
Well said. Storing cars to make a profit is a game for fools...

The whole point of the 1M was to enjoy it...some people clearly never got the memo.
__________________
don't read this. too late...
Appreciate 2
      08-30-2018, 10:31 AM   #22
Tornado1M
Lieutenant
Tornado1M's Avatar
United_States
361
Rep
458
Posts

Drives: 1M, X5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Here is a tough one for you: whats my 1m worth? Original owner, 85k miles! Also has a ding on carfax from a 2 mph parking lot. Annoying but have repairs for less than 2k just bumper cover basically. Mods all reversible. Midpipe, custom orange belts, black wheels, bms catch can, short shift kit, black fender/kidney trim. High miles but complete maintenance from including preventative things like water pump, intake blasting, etc. I was thinking 40-45k if I ever sold.
Awesome for you! Nice to see some people who put the miles on and enjoyed the car

My guess is that you would be closer to $40K, definitely under $40K once you go over 100K miles.

Can see it being purchased by someone who is planning on using it for a track car....and what an awesome track car to have
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST