BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #45
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchableE82 View Post
bro i dont think the oil catch can had anything to do with it, because i would believe it to come from the tune, thats what we could think of when i talked about it with my guys, so i guess just removing the tune and leaving the oil catch would have been fine but now that you remove both we will see what happens.
well im waiting to see if anything changes.
I hear ya but heres the update.. was on the hwy this morning and after 3500 rpm reduced boost light came on again.. so no its not the JB3 or the RR Oil Catch can.. so next steps would be to remove the Catted DP's which I thought was the problem the whole time since this only started the same day the DP was installed.. will update again once this is done but most likely will be late next week.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #46
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
I hear ya but heres the update.. was on the hwy this morning and after 3500 rpm reduced boost light came on again.. so no its not the JB3 or the RR Oil Catch can.. so next steps would be to remove the Catted DP's which I thought was the problem the whole time since this only started the same day the DP was installed.. will update again once this is done but most likely will be late next week.
Can your scan tool log boost? Sounds like it's boost creep from the dp's. The psi is creeping up to a level that throws you into limp mode.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #47
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
Can your scan tool log boost? Sounds like it's boost creep from the dp's. The psi is creeping up to a level that throws you into limp mode.
No it doesn't show boost levels... if it did omg.. best tool ever and if it can show mph and all that stuff while driving then I think everyone will need one.. hmm boost creep eh.. any solutions you can recommend or opinions why it does that?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #48
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
No it doesn't show boost levels... if it did omg.. best tool ever and if it can show mph and all that stuff while driving then I think everyone will need one.. hmm boost creep eh.. any solutions you can recommend or opinions why it does that?
Well on other cars it can be tuned out but I don't believe custom maps are an option yet for the 135. If it is boost creep I would think other people would be having this issue as well when they replace their dp's but since you seem to be the only one it's a little puzzling.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #49
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

bump

Any luck with this?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #50
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Did you install the DPs yourself or have someone else do it? I took my car to COBB today to have the catted DPs installed, and they could not make them fit. The upper sensors were to close together no matter how they rotated the pipes, and of course there's only so much play in the pipes where they meet the exhaust. I'm wondering if you forced those sensors in could it cause a problem? I would think that you would get a code indicating a bad sensor, but perhaps there's some other interference from them pushing against one another that is confusing the engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #51
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
Did you install the DPs yourself or have someone else do it? I took my car to COBB today to have the catted DPs installed, and they could not make them fit. The upper sensors were to close together no matter how they rotated the pipes, and of course there's only so much play in the pipes where they meet the exhaust. I'm wondering if you forced those sensors in could it cause a problem? I would think that you would get a code indicating a bad sensor, but perhaps there's some other interference from them pushing against one another that is confusing the engine.
Had a shop install it.. and ya its a tight fit.. and that I am not sure of.. Will be getting it removed.. alot of speculations from talking to the RR tech Daniel but I rather remove it and see if the code still comes up.. it does then at least I can clear the codes and bring it in to a dealership and have them look at it.. and if it is fixed then i know its the downpipes and we can work from there.. pending for removal this thursday.. will update you all..
Appreciate 0