BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-06-2024, 11:33 AM   #1
rjcarboni
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i (E88)

E88 Secondary Air Issues - Euro Tune?

Hi guys, I’ve been searching all over to try and find some information about this but I really can’t find much on the E 88 with the N 51 specifically. I have a 2010 that’s throwing P0492 and 2a00 (insufficient flow both banks). The pump is working fine, the pressure pipe isn’t cracked or leaking, the check valve is working fine (replacing it anyway tomorrow), both upstream O2 sensors seem to be fine (no o2 specific codes and also the voltages look good), cat seems good (no codes), plenty of air coming out the tailpipe when I power the pump with the engine off, and the passages behind the valve don’t look like they have much carbon in them (just a light even coat). Even though plenty of air is getting to the exhaust and the passages look clean, I’m guessing it must be carbon in the ports because what else could it be? I’m going to borescope the ports tomorrow when I change the valve just to confirm but regardless I have to get the car through emissions in CT, which just involves checking the OBDII to make sure all the monitors are set, and stripping the head off the engine and drilling out the ports in the middle of winter is not gonna happen.

I saw that the standard euro tune on the N51 removes those monitors completely and you could do an SAP delete that passes emissions. Is that correct? If so, where can I find the stock euro tune file for a 2010 128 n51? Other than that, is there any other way to program out that monitor? Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏.
Appreciate 0