BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-25-2018, 10:06 PM   #1
DakarDoug
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 135i Coupe

HPFP failure again??? Codes P302C and P15DF

Guys, I just replaced a faulty ignition coil on #5 cylinder last week. Now car is not stumbling but rather is in limp mode and is throwing 2 codes: P302C and P15DF. It doesn't run rough like a misfire but has no power. Do you think this is the HPFP again? Car has 169,000 miles and HPFP has been replaced at least 3 times over the years. Appreciate any help or assistance you may be able to provide. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 06:05 AM   #2
PiggoBenis
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 VTT 2+ E30 FBO

Damn bro, sorry to hear that. Well, I had the same issue a little over a year ago. I couldn't figure it out and I went full-retard and basically replace all the "wear" items, to include new vanos solenoids, boost solenoids, all vacuum lines, coils packs, spark plugs, diverter valves, PCV valve, and also got a walnut blast. That fixed the issue I had. Initially, I thought I needed a new HPFP and/or injectors... but one or two of those things fixed my issue. I know it's a very broad answer to your problem, but hopefully its something for you to check on. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
makethiscardriveable
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Is it possible the pump is still under BMW parts warranty, I think its 2 years from install, cant remember mileage limit.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 11:38 PM   #4
DakarDoug
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 135i Coupe

OK, so I finally bit the bullet. I pulled covers off engine to make sure that my coils were seated properly since I recently replaced one of them. My new coil was in #2 spot so tried removing it. It was stuck on the spark plug so I decided to twist it a bit while pulling and then SHAZAM, out came a broken coil. I tried like all get out to get the piece out but kept ripping off small pieces of rubber. Finally gave up and limped car over to a shop before I did more damage. Well, after the shop fixing my self-inflicted issue, HPFP fault appeared and wound up being the problem. A cool $1000 later I now have a new HPFP and car runs great again. DAMN!
Appreciate 0