BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #89
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Hmmm,
Doubter!
Attached Images

04-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #90
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

HA HA! Nah!

Now please, please, please tell me what throttle response is when the clutch is depressed! The dead throttle pedal with the clutch in really annoys me.
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 04:08 PM   #91
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
HA HA! Nah!

Now please, please, please tell me what throttle response is when the clutch is depressed! The dead throttle pedal with the clutch in really annoys me.
What clutch, bro? I'm DCT. Check my sig.
      04-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #92
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
What clutch, bro? I'm DCT. Check my sig.
God dammit!

Sorry, forgot. Now stop posting and get out there and drive!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #93
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
God dammit!

Sorry, forgot. Now stop posting and get out there and drive!
It's 85F right now. Going to wait till later tonight when no one's around and it's cooler and drive the hell out of it to help it adapt.
      04-20-2016, 05:20 PM   #94
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

BTW, Shout-out to Amir at Avus Autosport. Great guy! Friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable.

Last edited by Esteban; 04-20-2016 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 10:24 PM   #95
No Style 135is
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '90 gtr r32

I am glad that you did this after all.

How do you like it?

I was about to make a video for you. I just bought the gopro..lol.
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 10:37 PM   #96
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Style 135is View Post
I am glad that you did this after all.

How do you like it?

I was about to make a video for you. I just bought the gopro..lol.
So far, I'm liking it. Need more time to break it in, I think. You should still make a video. Would love to see it.
      04-21-2016, 08:38 AM   #97
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Glad you are happy with the sounds not getting lost.
I was unsure if you would, since I never had the PPK.
I get lots of it in 1st and 2nd gear, but almost no pops, crackles, and gurgles above that, just that sweet, glorious PE sound.

I am actually considering Stage 3 since the price drop. Nobody I have found on here has gone from S2 to S3 to speak to the difference.

Also, supposedly the S2 tune has an optional box to check if the car has an upgraded FMIC, to take advantage of cooler air. Getting a new FMIC and re-flashing Stage 2 is another option I am looking at.

Welcome to the family, Steve! Interested to hear your impressions in a few days. I know at first I wasn't that impressed, but after 3-4 days and some hard pulls to adapt the tune, I was really happy.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2016, 12:34 PM   #98
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
I get lots of it in 1st and 2nd gear, but almost no pops, crackles, and gurgles above that, just that sweet, glorious PE sound.

I am actually considering Stage 3 since the price drop. Nobody I have found on here has gone from S2 to S3 to speak to the difference.

Also, supposedly the S2 tune has an optional box to check if the car has an upgraded FMIC, to take advantage of cooler air. Getting a new FMIC and re-flashing Stage 2 is another option I am looking at.

Welcome to the family, Steve! Interested to hear your impressions in a few days. I know at first I wasn't that impressed, but after 3-4 days and some hard pulls to adapt the tune, I was really happy.
Thanks for the welcome. Glad to have finally gotten it, even though it took me forever. As far as sounds go, I think it's probably a little better than before. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but all the burbling's still there, maybe a little deeper. That's a bonus for me because I thought I was going to lose at least some of that sweet sound, and was finally willing to make the sacrifice.

Went out last night and the car felt considerably stronger than it did yesterday during the day. Very noticeable. Like 20-30% more torque. Again, maybe wishful thinking on my part, but it is more than I expected considering I'm coming from PPK, which is less than the power jump you took. Also very smooth increase in power. Nothing herky jerky. This is just what I wanted and expected from Dinan. Very happy with my decision. Thanks to all (including you) who encouraged me to do it.

Check with Frank 135i Vert, as he went from Stage 2 to stage 3 and he said he was pretty happy. The tune itself is only a couple hundred dollars more, but their high capacity oil cooler and high performance intercooler will cost you approx. another $3000. Granted, you don't have to buy Dinan parts, but it's still expensive. Good luck if you decide to do it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Last edited by Esteban; 04-21-2016 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #99
PhillyfaanM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Gray Metallic M3

Quote:
Decided to get Dinan S2 after all. About damn time! Nice torque bump. Had a blast driving home on the freeway! Chunner was right. All my pops and crackles are still there in all their glory. Sorry I doubted you, friend. I'm a highway star!
Esteban...so you finally did it . What are your initial thoughts? I thought going to Stage 2 was one of the best improvements on the car.

I'm starting to love Stage 3. The car pulls way harder in 3rd gear?

Can't wait to hear more about your thoughts(likes and dislikes)

Enjoy.

2018 Champaign Quartz F31 Sports Wagon | BMW 624 wheels | KW Street Coil Overs | DINAN Stage 1 v2.0 | Soul Performance Muffler delete
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #100
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank 135i Vert View Post
Esteban...so you finally did it . What are your initial thoughts? I thought going to Stage 2 was one of the best improvements on the car.

I'm starting to love Stage 3. The car pulls way harder in 3rd gear?

Can't wait to hear more about your thoughts(likes and dislikes)

Enjoy.
Glad you're liking stage 3, Frank. Maybe I'll do that (yeah, like in a 100 years the way I move) one day and be right there with you. Haha!

My thoughts are above and so far, I'm loving it and I think it's just going to get better with time.

You new Berk exhaust sounds awesome. Saw and heard your new video and it's really good! Congrats!
      04-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #101
PhillyfaanM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Glad you're liking stage 3, Frank. Maybe I'll do that (yeah, like in a 100 years the way I move) one day and be right there with you. Haha!

My thoughts are above and so far, I'm loving it and I think it's just going to get better with time.

You new Berk exhaust sounds awesome. Saw and heard your new video and it's really good! Congrats!
Thanks man. The exhaust is nuts...the video doesn't even begin to do it justice. It's so loud at morning start up that my neighbor(who also happens to be my brother in-law) heard me leaving the house the other day at 5am...my daughter also complained to my wife that when I start the car it shakes her room(which is right above the garage).

I'm actually trying to get ramps to roll the car onto so I can just put it in neutral to roll out of the garage in the morning.

Lucky for them, the car doesn't get driven every day and it gets put away from Oct-April. So they only have to deal with it for 6 mos out of the year...lol

2018 Champaign Quartz F31 Sports Wagon | BMW 624 wheels | KW Street Coil Overs | DINAN Stage 1 v2.0 | Soul Performance Muffler delete
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #102
PhillyfaanM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Cavpilot2k...let me know specifically what you are interested in knowing in regards to the move from Stage 2-3 and I'll try to put something together for a post. BTW...got some shiny bling (badge) from DINAN yesterday to commemorate going to Stage 3 and all the goodies.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #103
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man. The exhaust is nuts...the video doesn't even begin to do it justice. It's so loud at morning start up that my neighbor(who also happens to be my brother in-law) heard me leaving the house the other day at 5am...my daughter also complained to my wife that when I start the car it shakes her room(which is right above the garage).

I'm actually trying to get ramps to roll the car onto so I can just put it in neutral to roll out of the garage in the morning.

Lucky for them, the car doesn't get driven every day and it gets put away from Oct-April. So they only have to deal with it for 6 mos out of the year...lol
Only 6 months out of the year? Oh, the pain... I couldn't handle it! Lucky me, I get to drive my baby (and disturb my neighbors) all year long!
      04-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #104
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

Quote:
Cavpilot2k...let me know specifically what you are interested in knowing in regards to the move from Stage 2-3 and I'll try to put something together for a post. BTW...got some shiny bling (badge) from DINAN yesterday to commemorate going to Stage 3 and all the goodies.
Mainly does it feel like a worthy power increase. How is it delivered compared to S2? Where do you feel the most benefit? Any change in throttle response? etc, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #105
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Update: Have had more time with the car and it is very smooth and fast. Sometimes I scare myself! Haha! Kidding.

Will get used to it with more time.

So far, so good. No regrets.

Last edited by Esteban; 04-22-2016 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2016, 05:08 PM   #106
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Congrats, Esteban

I knew you were gonna do it. How are the tires holding up, haha?
      04-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #107
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Congrats, Esteban

I knew you were gonna do it. How are the tires holding up, haha?
Thanks!
Attached Images

05-12-2016, 07:36 AM   #108
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

Any new impressions now that you've had a few weeks with the tune?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 12:07 PM   #109
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Any new impressions now that you've had a few weeks with the tune?
Not a whole lot more to say about it. It feels very smooth, which I like a lot. It also feels like BMW power, just more of it (especially torque), and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. It's what I wanted, and expected from Dinan. The car pulls much harder than before. Mentioned most of this already in this thread and other threads, like Frank 135i Vert's thread.

There's a street by my house that I like to drive on that is completely empty late at night where there is a good distance between stop signs. This street is straight and pretty wide and feels safe to drive fast on. I can usually get to 100mph and still have room to slow down and stop comfortably at the next stop sign. Now I can get to 120mph with ease. Probably could go faster. It may sound dangerous but it's not (really).

Happy I got it and thanks again to all the members that encouraged me (like you).

Big plus - All my pops and crackles are still there!

Last edited by Esteban; 05-12-2016 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #110
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

OP thanks for making this thread. I'm also in the same boat that you were in: I love my PPK sound! I'm probably about to get myself this tune in the next month. I'm glad it still retains that sound
Appreciate 1
Esteban43595.00